Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

How can people still defend or trust the board?

Simple question. They told us no players would be sold because of the Turners money-LIE! They toldd us Earnie would only be sold for silly money-LIE! They told us Etuhu had a dental problem thats why he missed the Exeter game-LIE! This is only over the last few weeks, but has been going on for over 3 seasons yet some of you still somehow defend the liars running our club. What will it take for some people to see what they are doing to this club? Relegation? Even Darren Huckerbys publicly spoken out against them. I feel sorry for Grant. He tries to build a decent team but with this board what chance does he have. Do you board defenders not recall this is exactly the reason why Robert Chase was hounded out?

No one will agree with you either untill you start telling the truth. You too LIE.

The club said that it does not NEED to sell not that they will not sell. With Etuhu and Earnie this is out of their hands to some extent and at least they tried to keep Etuhu by offering a new contract.

At this time some clubs are being inspected for dodgy deals - why oh why is no one looking at these two. Two offers of bang on the money have come in for these players - seems suspect to me.

The only player you could claim to have been forced out of the club is Safri. The strange thing is a lot of people on here predicted that Safri and Earnshaw would be on their way in the summer. Now that its looking to be true people can''t quite believe their own words.

I am totally gutted - I really am. But its difficult to know who to blame. You can blame the board if you like, if you think you have enough evidence to blame them. Personaly I blame the last manager for making such a pigs-ear of the contracts.

AW Wrote: They told us no players would be sold because of the Turners money-LIE!

Wrong! The said no player HAD to be sold. Etuhu and Earnie CHOSE to leave

AW Wrote: They toldd us Earnie would only be sold for silly money-LIE!

Wrong! He did leave for silly money. Most people on this board expected at £5m for him.

AW Wrote: They told us Etuhu had a dental problem thats why he missed the Exeter game-LIE!

We dont know if he had a dental problem or not. Maybe Hucks punched him the mouth when Etuhu told him he was going to join Sunderland?

Robert Chase was hounded out because we were receiving calls from the bank manager saying that unless we paid back the overdraft immediately, they would close the club. Now, we are not choosing to sell the players, but such is player power, they decide who they play for.

As far as I am aware, none of the players that have left have joined another championship club, so the club is not selling to its competitors

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Simple question. They told us no players would be sold because of the Turners money-LIE! They toldd us Earnie would only be sold for silly money-LIE! They told us Etuhu had a dental problem thats why he missed the Exeter game-LIE! This is only over the last few weeks, but has been going on for over 3 seasons yet some of you still somehow defend the liars running our club. What will it take for some people to see what they are doing to this club? Relegation? Even Darren Huckerbys publicly spoken out against them. I feel sorry for Grant. He tries to build a decent team but with this board what chance does he have. Do you board defenders not recall this is exactly the reason why Robert Chase was hounded out?

[/quote]

Quite possibly it will take relegation or a real relegation scrap before either the board or the fans wake up.

I was hoping the board would see the light this season and realise that patience was running thin with the fans. Unfortunately lessons have not been learned and I fear this board have neither the financial acumen nor the ability to turn things around.

How can we have any confidence in them when day after day they are seen to be hostage to events. Where is the leadership? Where is the direction?

They must be laughing their heads down at Poorman Rd.

Calling me a liar because you believe the boards re-worded crap eh? Those that believe the spin, i hope the sand your head is stuck in tastes nice this time of year.

[quote user="chicken"]

No one will agree with you either untill you start telling the truth. You too LIE.

The club said that it does not NEED to sell not that they will not sell. With Etuhu and Earnie this is out of their hands to some extent and at least they tried to keep Etuhu by offering a new contract.

At this time some clubs are being inspected for dodgy deals - why oh why is no one looking at these two. Two offers of bang on the money have come in for these players - seems suspect to me.

The only player you could claim to have been forced out of the club is Safri. The strange thing is a lot of people on here predicted that Safri and Earnshaw would be on their way in the summer. Now that its looking to be true people can''t quite believe their own words.

I am totally gutted - I really am. But its difficult to know who to blame. You can blame the board if you like, if you think you have enough evidence to blame them. Personaly I blame the last manager for making such a pigs-ear of the contracts.

[/quote]

soooo i LIE dooo i and nooooo one believes me dooooo they? oh for christ sake grow up!!! Ultimately the board employed worthless and carried on doing so even when they new his time was up because as usual they swept it under the carpet hoping things would get better so i think you will find the blame still goes to the board. I honestly cant believe ther are people like you still backing the untouchables... you couldnt make it up!!!!!

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

So they said "does not need to sell", they may aswell have put "renew your season tickets but we are selling our assists anyway". If you really believe the club when they say Dickson had a dodgy tooth and wasnt in sunderland sorting out personal terms as every other media outlet claims im afriad to say you must be gullable!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

If you going to advance a strong argument with such obviously false assertions and then simply abuse those who point out your flaws thrn you are hardly going to rally the masses.

You disagree with the Board and have a valid viewpoint.  They didn''t lie.  You know they didn''t lie.  Your saying such nonsense diminshes the validity that you start with.+

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

So they said "does not need to sell", they may aswell have put "renew your season tickets but we are selling our assists anyway". If you really believe the club when they say Dickson had a dodgy tooth and wasnt in sunderland sorting out personal terms as every other media outlet claims im afriad to say you must be gullable!

[/quote]Yep i''m gullable so what i will still be watching norwich be it in the 2 or 3rd division i really don''t care and i will always buy my season ticket for as long as i can afford it, gullable maybe but i just enjoy going you can sit at home if you like and sulk and slag off the season ticket holders but you see i could not give a monkeys what you think of us so called sheep .

Arthur your right, the board did say that Earnshaw wouldn''t go unless we were offered silly money...... would you rather the board came out and told everyone that he had a release clause in his contract? it was inevitable that we were going to get offers for Earnshaw, and the board were obviously trying to get a lot more money than 3.5m. We don''t need fans like you and Smudger, your the most negative people i''ve ever heard! and you are all that is wrong with this club at the moment, do us all a favour and go and support our Suffolk neighbours!

How can anybody say the board has no ambition? Every penny we have spare they have given to Peter Grants transfer kitty, its now up to him to build a team with that money and get us to the Premiership again, how many teams do you know have broken there transfer record twice in the last 2 years? but apparently " they have no ambition"

go support the binners

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

How anyone can defend this pathetic excuse for a board is beyond me.

[/quote]

It''s a little thing called freedom of speech Wayne. Funny how the likes of you were keen to mention it when you were in the minority but now your views are more popular you seek to deny others this right.

The fact is, if I want to walk down to Carrow Road for the first game of the season with a giant flag saying ''I luv Delia'' on it I can, there''s nothing you can do to stop me. Likewise, if you and your little gang want to organise a protest for the first home game of the season to demand changes to the board, there''s nothing I can do to stop you. We''re both still fans of the same club though.

I''m concerned about the sale of Etuhu, but providing the money raised is used to buy a more reliable and consistent performer then I think it may well turn out to be a good deal for us. There''s a lot of crying and wailing going on about the release clause but it seems that Dickson wouldn''t have joined us without this clause. It''s frustrating but it''s part of modern day football. Why not blame the greedy players who insist on having a clause that effectively says "If we don''t do as well as expected, which due to the very nature of the game will in some small way be down to me, I reserve the right to bugger off to the next bunch of fools who decide to pay decent money for me".

I was mildly optimistic about our chances last week, a lot of the deadwood had been cleared out and we had signed six new players. I''m not going to change my opinion now just because we''ve sold a player who the vast majority on here wanted rid of last year.

The board can do no wrong in some peoples mind, i don''t know what it would take for the majority to realize about the board

[quote user="ellis206"]

Arthur your right, the board did say that Earnshaw wouldn''t go unless we were offered silly money...... would you rather the board came out and told everyone that he had a release clause in his contract? it was inevitable that we were going to get offers for Earnshaw, and the board were obviously trying to get a lot more money than 3.5m. We don''t need fans like you and Smudger, your the most negative people i''ve ever heard! and you are all that is wrong with this club at the moment, do us all a favour and go and support our Suffolk neighbours!

How can anybody say the board has no ambition? Every penny we have spare they have given to Peter Grants transfer kitty, its now up to him to build a team with that money and get us to the Premiership again, how many teams do you know have broken there transfer record twice in the last 2 years? but apparently " they have no ambition"

go support the binners

[/quote]

"Every penny we have spare they have given to Peter Grants transfer kitty". How do you know this? They have been saying since relegation that all the money from player sales goes back into the team but in fact we are millions up on transfers (over £3million quoted in last accounts). What do think happened to the £3million from Francis and Jonsson, the £7.5million from Ashton and the £3million from Green and Mckenzie? Do a few simple sums-we are millions up.

"Broken their transfer record twice in the last two years". Doncaster admitted that we could only sign Ashton because of the £1.5million budget surplus from the share issue, therefore, in effect, the fans bought Ashton. Earnshaw was then signed from the profit made on Ashton and the rest found the "black hole" of off-pitch developments. Hardly ambitious bearing in mind over that period we were receiving £35million tv revenue.

I''m damn proud to be a City supporter, and part of that is suppporting the board, management and Deals. Sadly, it took me a heart attack and near death trip to realise just what this great club means to me.

Therefore, I won''t turn round on my team, people will always make mistakes, even our board dare I say, but I''m more than happy for them to carry on with their job.

Like me, they love our club too.

[quote user="Hotdog"]The board can do no wrong in some peoples mind, i don''t know what it would take for the majority to realize about the board[/quote]So what have they done wrong Hotdog

Maybe to use the word lie in connection with the current misleading verbiage emanating from our sales-obsessed board is a little strong, but they have certainly been economical with the truth on more than one occasion in the last few years. In future, I shall take everything they say with a pinch of salt.  I think Labour''s ex Spin-Doctor in chief, Alastair Campbell, would be impressed with some of the propaganda spewing out of Carrow Road. Let''s wait and see if the residue from the sale of Etuhu really does end up in the transfer coffers. I shan''t hold my breath.

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

You are aptly named Chicken. Presumably you are running around with your head cut off ...... like so many other gullible and "in denial" posters on this board. Only that can explain your reply to Mr Whittle.

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

Chicken, for about the tenth time the board negotiate the contracts-not the manager.

[quote user="chicken"]

You can blame the board if you like, if you think you have enough evidence to blame them. Personaly I blame the last manager for making such a pigs-ear of the contracts.

[/quote]

the contracts which the board and cheif Exec agreed to sanction!

buck stops at the top im afraid. it does with every business.

jas :)