Etuhu never really had the backing of the fans here and took a lot of stick on these pages.

Can we relly blame him for taking the chance to play in the premiership for a club with renown support rather than staying at a club with fans who sat around moaning about him on message boards all day?!!

[quote user="Sir Daz"]

Etuhu never really had the backing of the fans here and took a lot of stick on these pages.

Can we relly blame him for taking the chance to play in the premiership for a club with renown support rather than staying at a club with fans who sat around moaning about him on message boards all day?!!

[/quote]

That''s garbage. Norwich fans are no different from any others throughout the country. The players get the plaudits when they perform and criticism when they don''t. Too many of Dickson''s performances over the last 2 seasons have been below par and would have met with the same response anywhere else (including Sunderland, as he''ll find out ''if'' he shows the same inconsistency). .

I was going to post a very similar question, he never really had the backing of the fans, quite rightly early on, and maybe he feels he my be appreciated elsewhere. 

You''ve missed the point Fillet.It''s not about us as Norwich fans per se, more about ''fans'' in general and the reaction they give to players.No-one was saying that it''s purely because we are ''Norwich'' fans that he was treated in this way, as you rightly say, any underperforming player is going to get stick from the fans of whatever club they are at.It''s the simple fact that because we gave him so much grief, he could easily have been influenced by this (obviously along with Prem football and a likely pay rise).

I don''t blame Etuhu at all for wanting to play in front of more fans, for more money, in the Premiership. And well done to his agent for insisting on the low release clause. Again fair enough from Etuhu''s POV. But any implication that the fans are somehow complicit by having criticisms of the player strikes me a convenient cover-up, along with the "Well, we offered him a wonderful contract but Nasty Dickson turned it down argument".

The real fault here lies yet again in the seemingly badly-negotiated details of his contract. And, fair enough, I suppose it''s possible he might not have signed without it - in which case Grant should clearly have been told in no uncertain terms that his imminent departure was always going to be on the horizon, and to plan accordingly. Because from his comments Grant was gobsmacked when it happened and had no real idea that another such clause was lurking in one of his most-favoured players.

Hopefully Doncaster has now informed him of all the rest lined up to leave on the cheap, so he can get ready for when they go too!

Get me a bucket. Poor old Barbara Dickson got a rough time from the fans when he arrived. That could have had something to do with the fact that he was on £5000 a week and played like a nancy.

We will see how good old Babs is when the premiership starts again.

And how the Sunderland fans respond to his lazy ways.