Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Lowestoft 0, Norwich City 12

6-0 at half-time with a first-half hat-trick from Martin, and six more goals after the break.

Goals from Martin (4), Brown, Safri, Eagle, Spillane, Chadwick, Rossi Jarvis, Renton (2)

Norwich City:

Marshall (Arnold, 63);

Otsemobor (Lathrope, 56), Dublin, Spillane, Lappin (Miller, 61);

Chadwick (Smart, 61), Safri (Rossi Jarvis, 45), Hughes, Eagle;

Brown (Renton, 45), Martin.

Obviously a walk in the park but:.......

Spillane at centre back for the entire game;

Safri playing (a bit of an unlikely choice if he is about to walk)

Hooze in central midfield for the entire game

Martin also a full game.

This games are for experimentation but PG''s thoughts are interesting.

By the same token that I didn''t join in with the furore and foot-gazing that went with the Exeter result, I find it hard to go overboard with positivity and joy at the Lowesoft result. Both games are pre-season friendlies against inferior teams.

Sure, scoring 13 goals in 2 games is a good sign, but lets not forget that the next real and important game is against Preston at Deepdale, and between that and now, the squad needs to be put through their collective paces and fitness and technique worked on.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no direct correlation between results in pre-season games with results in full seasons. Sure, a good pre-season sets you up well for the coming months, but it doesn''t guarantee success/failure.

Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing. I eagerly await the doom merchants response. Did anyone go, if so how was it?

[quote user="Marty"]Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing. I eagerly await the doom merchants response. Did anyone go, if so how was it?
[/quote]

Considering that Lowestoft had 5 of their first choice defenders and goalkeeper missing the result is hardly surprising is it???

The standard apart from young Chris Martin looking like Zico playing against a sunday pub football team was shocking all around...

Andy Hughes was a joke as usual, Ostomebor looks like another Louis Jean, Eagle looked better suited to joining the little dance troupe at half time and Spillane was useless at centre back.

oh Chadwick played quite well also even though he was up against an imobile dwarf.

No doub''t we will have many on here lining us up for a league title tilt now hat we have beaten a team whose defence consited of very poor Sunday League players though???

[quote user="allways travelling"]Man utd 12 east stirling 0 would you be suprised no.so why are you suprised we beat lowestoft 12-0[/quote]who said we were surprised? if we win you moan, if we lose you moan, what is the point?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Marty"]Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing. I eagerly await the doom merchants response. Did anyone go, if so how was it?[/quote]

Considering that Lowestoft had 5 of their first choice defenders and goalkeeper missing the result is hardly surprising is it???

The standard apart from young Chris Martin looking like Zico playing against a sunday pub football team was shocking all around...

Andy Hughes was a joke as usual, Ostomebor looks like another Louis Jean, Eagle looked better suited to joining the little dance troupe at half time and Spillane was useless at centre back.

oh Chadwick played quite well also even though he was up against an imobile dwarf.

No doub''t we will have many on here lining us up for a league title tilt now hat we have beaten a team whose defence consited of very poor Sunday League players though???

[/quote]your optimism is inspirational as usual. You really do see the negative in everything. We won 12-0, so no I catergorically fail to believe from your review that we were so bloody awful. What would it have taken to make you utter a positive word for the team, 100-0? you tell me.

[quote user="allways travelling"]Just putting it into perspective seemed like you had not.[/quote]we are not Man U nor East Stirling! No need for the perspective lesson thanks since I wasn''t exactly signing from the rooftops in jubilation at this 12-0 win over Lowerstoft, however it could have been a lot worse. I guess I must be old fashioned in enjoying wins of any sort. I think there are a lot of people supporting this club that need to calibrate their perspective somewhat.Once again, so sorry for being happy (not overly so) at a 12-0 pre season victory, I kind of though it was good.

Okay, I am not always the pillar of positivity, but reading smudge posts recently is getting a bit boring.  Although i am not totally excited about the new season, I can see sgns of positivity from within the club.Bit I find most interesting is Otsemeboor looking like another louis jean.  MLJonly played two games, so how can you draw this conclusion at such an early stage.  Knee jerk reaction from the comfort of an armchair. Players are not going to give it their all, this close into pre season.  Fear of injury or burnout all play key factors.  Just nice to see wole squad get a run out and do a good proffesional job.  I am most pleased that players like Spillane , Eagle, Rossi, Martin and Renton are getting the opportunity to showcase thir abilities at last (after the fruitless years of the worthington era) Nice to see a centr half get on the score sheet (spillane) Nice to see your so called dance troop member get a goal, as well as Martin and Renton getting 6 between them.  with fans like smudge the club are damned if they do and damned if they dont.  I could carry on picking your cincical rantings apart, but there are only 24 hours in a day.  Our team willbe complimented by a good balance of youth andd experience.  How else do you young players learn  Oh and gooddbye Etuhu, £1.5 million thank you very mch

[quote user="allways travelling"]Just putting it into perspective seemed like you had not.[/quote]quote from me "Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing."Please can any one explain how this comments sounds like it is from someone devoid of perspective?

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Marty"]Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing. I eagerly await the doom merchants response. Did anyone go, if so how was it?
[/quote]

[/quote]

your optimism is inspirational as usual. You really do see the negative in everything. We won 12-0, so no I catergorically fail to believe from your review that we were so bloody awful. What would it have taken to make you utter a positive word for the team, 100-0? you tell me.
[/quote]

Just giving a balanced view of why the scoreline was so large tonight... taking in to account what many clued up Lowestoft fans I know had to say and with regards to the City players what I witnessed myself.

The positives were that Martin looked like a world beater and Chadwick looked dangerouus amongst a very disjointed City line-up.... the negative that could be drawn from this though was the standard of the opposition who with the exception of McGee, Godbold and one or two others were a very avaerage team of Sunday Pub Footballers at best!!!

As your old chesnut always seems to go... what is your evidence of us playing well based on???

I never actually said we played wel did I Smudger?However, as pre-season friendlys go, and that does take into account the purpose and meaning of pre-season friendly''s, I would suggest that 12-0 is pretty useful in the grand scheme of things.I am still waiting for someone to justify how that my relative pleasure at a 12-0 win means I have lost perspective. Well I really must go to bed now and see if someone can answer this conundrum by the time I wake up.

This is unbelievable.We lose to non-league Exeter 2-1, and the squad is garbage full of apalling players, we then BEAT another lowly team 12-0 and we''re still crap??? How does that one work then?Smudger points out that Lowestoft were missing key players, yet in the second half, we played half of our own bloody youth team and still knocked another 6 past them! Out of the whole set of players we fielded, only 2 of them are likely to have a guaranteed place in our first XI - Marshall and Otsemobor, Chadwick will also be challenging Croft but is still not guaranteed. So out of 17 players fielded, a possible 3 are likely first teamers, so it''s hardly as if we put our best team out either.Being realistic, pre-season friendlies really do mean jack with regards to the league, they perform a role in helping players get match fitness - something you can''t truly do simply through training sessions, and also give the manager a chance to try new ideas out and have a look at some of the ''fringe'' players. What''s frustrated me about it however, is that apparently the Exeter game was seen a sad indictment on our squad by some of the more negative and vociferous posters, yet the Lowestoft result is now being simply written off by the very same brigade as being irrelevant, and a mockery is being made of the opposition.You can''t have it both ways, either both games mean nothing, or we''ve turned a poor result around into getting a great one in the next game.Which one is it? - can we have an answer please as all this hypocrisy is getting way beyond a joke.

Thanks for your report Smudger -

No Huckerby, Drury, Cureton, Brellier, Dave Striker, Doherty or Croft in the line up so basically a second string outing - second game of the season so players naturally rusty but some good aspects to report from someone who was actually at the match (unfortunately as I live in Lowestoft I couldn''t go as I was sitting at home protesting about the board at the time).

I am truly inspired by this - if I didn''t already have a season ticket I would sign up for one now as things can only get better by the time we put our full squad out we will be so fantastic its magnificent

Have read some of the other reports on other sites and listened to comments from others who are there and basically most disagree with your views and feel that we had some real class last night - this is especially from the ones who were only able to find out what was going on on the internet - as you know they are the true fans because they only rely on third party viewpoints.

Trust you campaigned for and got a lot of new members for your "sack the board protest" last night after all a 12-0 victory by the reserves is pretty crap isn''t it. We need to spend some money fast - don''t care who its on but the money is burning a hole in our pocket after all our last panic buys have been so good haven''t they?

OTBC

smudger your negative talk is working  well for our team.keep it up.it seems out team where a joke ,useless, should of been in dance troupe well we must have a team non footballers and they still beat lowestoft 12-0 .why not go and watch big brother this is more of your kind of thing.

come on you yellows.