Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Etuhu was offered a 50% pay increase

Story here“I think you''ve seen the way that I have tried to balance the side and,

obviously, he was going to be a big part of that - and it''s a massive

blow. I''ve tried to base the team on him being there,” said Grant, with

the Canaries understood to have offered the 6ft 3in midfielder a new

contract last week that featured a 50% increase in wages only to find

Roy Keane''s Premiership cheque book hoving into view.

So Dixon turned down our new contract which was offered to him "last week".

If PG was indeed trying to build the team around him why was the contract only offered last week? Was this a reactive action after rumours of interest or received bid from Sunderland? The Doc and Drury were offered new contracts at the end of last season, so why wasnt Dixon offered his improved contract then if he was so important the the future plans of PG?

Is this statement just a press release from our Club to convince us that they (as the good guys) did all they could to hold onto Dixon (the villian), cos he refused to sign the new offer and wanted his release clause to be exercised?

exactly djc we should have offered him a new contract ages ago, even if we still included a release clause we could have upped it. In my view the board made little effort to keep Etuhu

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Story here

“I think you''ve seen the way that I have tried to balance the side and, obviously, he was going to be a big part of that - and it''s a massive blow. I''ve tried to base the team on him being there,” said Grant, with the Canaries understood to have offered the 6ft 3in midfielder a new contract last week that featured a 50% increase in wages only to find Roy Keane''s Premiership cheque book hoving into view.
[/quote]

Blah, unfortunately the truth is that we can''t compete financially with the Prem teams. Sadly this will only get worse. The inevitable outcome will be that the Prem becomes a closed league. It was the hidden agenda when it all started in the 90''s. The experts predicted the outcome and its coming true before our eyes

We have a limited time to get ourselves back in the top drawer before the door finally shuts.

yet more pathetic EXCUSES blahblahblah...

Have you not learnt anything yet???

THE FANS ARE SICK OF EXCUSES.

From Neil Doncasters'' web-chat :Q : "One, why was Dickson allowed to negotiate an escape clause when he was

playing for Preston reserves and hardly in a strong negotiating

position. Two, if Dickson was so admired by Peter Grant and he knew of

this escape clause why was a new contract only offered to him last

weekend when it was too late?"Neil: "Unfortunately, Dickson was in a stronger negotiating

position when he came to Carrow Road for talks than many suspect. The

fact was that his agent was in talks with Harry Redknapp, then at

Southampton, who were happy to meet Dickson''s demands and to agree to

the buy-out clause. In those circumstances we had a stark choice:

either to buy Dickson with a £1.5m buy-out clause in his contract, or

to lose him to Southampton. The Board, the manager and the executive

team discussed the issue and agreed unanimously on the pragmatic course

of action to sign Dickson with the clause in his contract. As to the

second part of your question, we had been in talks with Dickson''s

representatives for some while prior to last weekend. Dickson''s

representatives showed no appetite to agree to a new deal - given the

events of last weekend perhaps that is not a surprise."

Both the Doc and Drury were at the end of their contracts allowing them to walk away. I believe it is correct for the club to resolve the contract issues of those whose contract had expired before trying to extend the contracts of the remaining players.

Also, before a contract can be offered, extensive talks have to take place defining the terms of the offer. These talks would have been ongoing for a number of weeks before the club were in a position to offer a contract.

[quote]

THE FANS ARE SICK OF EXCUSES.[/quote]

So what are the answers, Mr. Billionaire philanthropist ? [;)]

Got none ?  Thought so.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Got none ?  Thought so.

[/quote]

None that you and the other thousands of yella & green goggle wearing brigade can see that''s for sure!!!

“I think you''ve seen the way that I have tried to balance the side and, obviously, he was going to be a big part of that - and it''s a massive blow. I''ve tried to base the team on him being there,” said Grant, with the Canaries understood to have offered the 6ft 3in midfielder a new contract last week that featured a 50% increase in wages only to find Roy Keane''s Premiership cheque book hoving into view.
[/quote]sure he wasn''t offered it after sunderlands interest was known

[/quote]

Lets be realistic as this is just a rumour.

Does anyone truely believe the board we have would offer to double a players wage? Not a chance in Delias Hells kitchen!

[quote user="Nigel"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Story here“I think you''ve seen the way that I have tried to balance the side and, obviously, he was going to be a big part of that - and it''s a massive blow. I''ve tried to base the team on him being there,” said Grant, with the Canaries understood to have offered the 6ft 3in midfielder a new contract last week that featured a 50% increase in wages only to find Roy Keane''s Premiership cheque book hoving into view. [/quote]

Does anyone truely believe the board we have would offer to double a players wage? Not a chance in Delias Hells kitchen!

[/quote]Nigel -  A 50 per cent increase is half as much again.  If Dickson has 10 apples, and NCFC offer him 5 apples, Dickson has a 50% increase in apples. D- for maths, see me afterwards.I don''t see that the writers on the Waghorn site have anything to gain from spreading rumours about this.  The club aren''t going to come out and say that they offered it officially, but these stories have a way of coming out unofficially.As Ricardo says, we can''t compete with the Premiership, which effectively makes us a feeder club.  Find the talent yet to emerge, or the talented who are known about but have gone astray, patch them up, sell them on.  Just as we always have been really.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Got none ?  Thought so.

[/quote]

None that you and the other thousands of yella & green goggle wearing brigade can see that''s for sure!!!

[/quote]Actually, I''d like to hear your proposals.  I''d like to hear how you can make NCFC avoid the economic gravity of the situation we find ourselves in.  How does a poor relation get to the top table with only the crumbs ?Less bile, more suggestions please - then maybe we could talk constructively, rather than knock insults back and forth.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Wouldn''t doubling someone''s wage be a 100% increase?[/quote]

Spot On PETE... go to the top of the class!!! [Y]

I wonder what pay rise Archant will be giving you this year???  [*-)]

Forgive me if it has been said earlier but read in this mornings papers that with us he was earning £5000 pw and has been offered £15000 pw----coupled with the chance to play in the premiership, the football worlds greatest shop window ,who can blame him !

As much as I like most are disappointed to see him go the facts of life prevail----Footballers like most of us us are employees in an employment market place----every day employees are headhunted with the opportunity for the prospect of better things and perhaps a better future in return for thier talents----- Any of us confronted  with future betterment would consider it .If the employer is able to and  blocks a substantial opportunity for any employee to move on the employee will resent not being given the chance and are not going to give 100% to the current employer are they ?. And lets face it not only do we need talent but 100% commitment all the time from the squad and we cannot offer what they can. We all saw this with Francis . It is no longer a business of loyalty but money and careers. A fact of life not just a fact of football irrespective of if we like it or not.

It only goes to prove further that the financial divide and attraction between the Premiership and Championship grows wider every season and will make it increasingly difficult as time goes on for clubs of our size to climb the rungs step into the top flight and stay there as is already proven every season----

I am gutted that he is off I feel towards the back end of the season we saw glimmers of the player he can be and like many would have liked to watch him further develop within a wholly Grant structure. Keane has obviously recognised his potential and hunted him. Good luck to him I would rather he left than be held here against his wishes and not give us 100%. -----No option but to live with it and move on.

If he was paid on the effort he put in when I''ve seen him, he should be paying us to watch him.

Good riddance I say, he''ll struggle in the premiereship.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nigel -  A 50 per cent increase is half as much again.  If Dickson has 10 apples, and NCFC offer him 5 apples, Dickson has a 50% increase in apples. D- for maths, see me afterwards.

I don''t see that the writers on the Waghorn site have anything to gain from spreading rumours about this.  The club aren''t going to come out and say that they offered it officially, but these stories have a way of coming out unofficially.

As Ricardo says, we can''t compete with the Premiership, which effectively makes us a feeder club.  Find the talent yet to emerge, or the talented who are known about but have gone astray, patch them up, sell them on.  Just as we always have been really.
[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmm.................... I wonder how many apples Sunderland offered him.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nigel -  A 50 per cent increase is half as much again.  If Dickson has 10 apples, and NCFC offer him 5 apples, Dickson has a 50% increase in apples. D- for maths, see me afterwards.

I don''t see that the writers on the Waghorn site have anything to gain from spreading rumours about this.  The club aren''t going to come out and say that they offered it officially, but these stories have a way of coming out unofficially.

As Ricardo says, we can''t compete with the Premiership, which effectively makes us a feeder club.  Find the talent yet to emerge, or the talented who are known about but have gone astray, patch them up, sell them on.  Just as we always have been really.
[/quote]

is that an A-level D in maths?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]New contracts are generally offered when they have about a year left to run.  How long did Dicksons'' contract have left ?
[/quote]

Think extensions in contracts are usually offered around Sept/Oct time so about 8 months before they expire.