Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

'Do your talking on the pitch'

In view of  recent comments made by Darren Huckerby and the response from Niel Doncaster, who would you prefer to leave the club if you had a choice? One can perform on the pitch and wins games the other cannot.

He already does his talking on the pitch thats why we got promoted and thats why we stayed up last year, he has a right to voice his concerns

See my post on this thread GRUMPY...

Pretty much sums things up I would say!!!   What do you think???

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/981061/ShowPost.aspx

Maybe Doomcaster should take a leaf out of his own book?

If him and his other cronies on the board can''t walk the walk, then why oh why can''t they stop talking the talk and spouting c**p in the press???

Huckerby''s occasional outburst over the last six months or so have been the only signs of honesty and passion that we have seen from the Club...  I am behind HUCKS totally!!

The problem is that this is yet another example of poor reporting and media spin, but you seem to fall for it yet again.  Those who think the club is the master of spin, as opposed to the media, consider this:

Pinkun headline:  "The conflict between the Carrow Road boardroom and dressing room deepened as chief executive Neil Doncaster told star player Darren Huckerby - “do your talking on the pitch”."

Actual quote: Doncaster said: “It''s more a question of having a quiet word and suggesting his talking is better done on the pitch.  Players aren''t always in the loop about transfers. Darren is a passionate individual, which is his nature, and no doubt he was frustrated when he heard about Dickson. We were all frustrated. But Dickson chose to turn down a new, longer contract to go to the Premier League.”

If you can''t see the difference, then there is really no hope for you.  Doncaster is saying nothing more or less than people would expect, and is doing it in a manner that would not inflame things, but that is not how it is being portrayed; the headline has deliberately taken the quote out of context, and actually put speechmarks in that don''t belong there as they do not represent a quote.  As far as I''m concerned it is a deliberately misleading story, trying to stir things up, and yet another in the recent examples of apparent poor journalism within the pink un.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

The problem is that this is yet another example of poor reporting and media spin, but you seem to fall for it yet again.  Those who think the club is the master of spin, as opposed to the media, consider this:

Pinkun headline:  "The conflict between the Carrow Road boardroom and dressing room deepened as chief executive Neil Doncaster told star player Darren Huckerby - “do your talking on the pitch”."

Actual quote: Doncaster said: “It''s more a question of having a quiet word and suggesting his talking is better done on the pitch.  Players aren''t always in the loop about transfers. Darren is a passionate individual, which is his nature, and no doubt he was frustrated when he heard about Dickson. We were all frustrated. But Dickson chose to turn down a new, longer contract to go to the Premier League.”

If you can''t see the difference, then there is really no hope for you.  Doncaster is saying nothing more or less than people would expect, and is doing it in a manner that would not inflame things, but that is not how it is being portrayed; the headline has deliberately taken the quote out of context, and actually put speechmarks in that don''t belong there as they do not represent a quote.  As far as I''m concerned it is a deliberately misleading story, trying to stir things up, and yet another in the recent examples of apparent poor journalism within the pink un.

[/quote]

How can it be media spin the comments attributed to Huckerby come from his very own mouth. He was not misquoted. And I''ll bet your bottom dollar if Huckerby is here for the start of the new season then he will leave in the January transfer window. Why  would he want to remain with a bunch of dead beats?.

I think you are missing the point which is that two wrongs do not make a right! Yes Hucks was wrong to say what he did to the press at least he had the excuse of presumably being very frustrated at suddenly finding out another good player was leaving.

Mr Doncaster has to deal with the press daily and he should have realised that the last thing he should do is comment on it until he had talked to the player concerned. That is just good management sense i.e. dont issue the ticking off via the press! Sorry he should know better and in my opinion this typifies the way Mr Doncaster deals with the fans also!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

If you can''t see that the message within those two finely worded paragraphs is actually exactly the same then there is just no hope for you

Smudger and Grumpy - you are clearly heaven sent for the media.  It seems whatever they print you are a ready made captive audience, swallowing it all and sundry.  These statements are wholly different in context; from the one you have the impression Doncaster is on the warpath and that there is a huge rift, but the real quote is part of a general statement that he''d have a ''quiet word'' with Hucks.  That you cannot see the difference is quite sad, but also pretty much as I''d expect.