Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

THANK GOD he's gone!

What brilliant news today! I cannot believe that so many people are mourning his departure - and to get £1.5M for him too!!!

Etuhu''s aimless bouncing up and down on the spot (forever a safe distance from the ball) will certainly not be missed.

Yes, 1 in 15 games he made some aggressive runs or hit the back of the net but that is not good enough. I would rather have a million quid burning a hole in my pocket than Dickson Etuhu in a Norwich shirt.

Sunderland are mugs.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

What brilliant news today! I cannot believe that so many people are mourning his departure - and to get £1.5M for him too!!!

Etuhu''s aimless bouncing up and down on the spot (forever a safe distance from the ball) will certainly not be missed.

Yes, 1 in 15 games he made some aggressive runs or hit the back of the net but that is not good enough. I would rather have a million quid burning a hole in my pocket than Dickson Etuhu in a Norwich shirt.

Sunderland are mugs.

[/quote]

That million quid has just fallen through the burnt hole into the black hole.

You might get some Billy no name for £350k as a replacement but don''t bet on it.

couldnt agree with u more what on earth does roy keane see in etuhu i would definately not want the sort of attitude hes shown at city at my club if i were keane some games i cant remember ever seing him get involved hes lazy,lost posession with sloppy pases to often ,and never showed any passion or drive apart from at the televised games .1.5 million though doncaster will be laughing all the way to the bank when keane finds out what aload of rubbish he has bought .just hope we can sign someone decent now .

he did well last back end - make no mistake - but for me, he never looked like dominating for midfield for us.  many supporters thought he was lazy - but the stats proved dicko was one of the hardest working players in the league - but becuase he wasn''t often chasing shadows, he didn''t look like he was doing much.  i sit in the lower barclay, and when in the jarrold for one game on the half-way line, i couldn''t believe how much running dicko did to little avail - the play seemed to pass him by far too much.  i''m looking foward to see who granty is getting in to replace him.dicko couldn''t dominate a champs midfield for me - he will struggle in the prem - make no mistake.  expect to see him loaned back to preston for next season!!!

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Sunderland are mugs.

[/quote]What does that make us for taking Chris Brown then [;)] although we didn''t spend so much on him and personally at the moment I''d rate them at the same ability. At least there''s still hope for Brown to come good, Etuhu never did rise above average overall.

KP - we don''t always agree with eachother and I disagree with you view of Etuhu. However, I fully respect you for your post. It''s a breath of fresh air amongst all the bullsh*t on this board today. At least you haven''t been swayed by the opinions of Roy Keane M.D.S. and Hucks. Fair play to you and those like you [Y][B]

Agreed, another over rated tall player. All this talk of power etc... what a lot of crap, looked at far too much in kids football upwards in Britain!The man was weak, played inconsistently and had very little talent with the ball.Messi is not large or Ronaldhino etc... but they are strong and clever with ball talent. They would knock dickson off the ball any day!!It is a great deal if you ask me, I just hope we can get a genuinely skilled playmaker in to run games? We hopefully have the muscle in the engine room already with Brellier!!?I have no trust in the board that Grant will get what he needs though????

If we add another quality midfield player and a quality loan central defender then I think we have a much better squad than last year.
Up front we have all kinds of options

We have improved at RB and the GK options

Up front we have many more options than we did with Earnie.

If La judge can help tighten our defence a bit we might
be challenging for a playoff spot.

Chadwick looks good on the right, we know Hucks will deliver on the left 

We spent the last 18months pissing and moaning on how poor our squad is.
Now we have had a fire sale and brought in lots of new players (with more to come I am sure) we are still getting the moans.

We needed a wholesale clearout. To me we had some quality but the desire to wear the shirt was horrible.
Numerous games players didnt turn up.

I cant believe people are upset we sold Etuhu for 1.5 million.

Please show me any posts over the last 18 months where anybody thought he was worth 1.5 million let alone much more.

He frustrated the Preston fans with his hot and cold displays, and guess what he did exactly the same for us.

Why does anyone think he will be any different at Sunderland.

I have to agree with Konstantin that this is a pretty good bit of work by Grant & City.I have to take issue with those of you who are bemoaning the loss of a "quality" player - the man was enemy number 1 on here at times during last season so why the panic now he''s gone?We DEFINITELY need to invest that profit though to ensure that the gap in midfield is plugged with a QUALITY player now though...

I think he will do well at Sunderland. There is no doubting his potential and I would bet that Keane will get the best out of him on a more regular basis than we could. I cant imagine any of Keane`s players slacking in the way that Etuhu so often did for us, God help him if he does.

I am sorry to see him go and am very concerned about what all this says about the club. We do need to remember though that the two decent players who have gone have both gone to the Prem. Where will Hucks go?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

I think he will do well at Sunderland. There is no doubting his potential and I would bet that Keane will get the best out of him on a more regular basis than we could. I cant imagine any of Keane`s players slacking in the way that Etuhu so often did for us, God help him if he does.

I am sorry to see him go and am very concerned about what all this says about the club. We do need to remember though that the two decent players who have gone have both gone to the Prem. Where will Hucks go?

[/quote]

He had potential at Preston and Norwich and failed to live up to it.

Cant see why Sunderland will be any different except he will be bench warming quite a bit.

The reason Hucks is so upset is that he ALSO sees the potential of Etuhu.

IMHO he will always be a very frustrating player for both fans and team mates.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

KP - we don''t always agree with eachother and I disagree with you view of Etuhu. However, I fully respect you for your post. It''s a breath of fresh air amongst all the bullsh*t on this board today. At least you haven''t been swayed by the opinions of Roy Keane M.D.S. and Hucks. Fair play to you and those like you [Y][B]

[/quote]

Don''t tell me you''ve been on the booze already Nige! What a nice post! Here''s to more fruitful disagreement for the new season.

OTBC

Ricardo wrote

"That million quid has just fallen through the burnt hole into the black hole.

You might get some Billy no name for £350k as a replacement but don''t bet on it."

Wasn''t Etuhu a Billy no name that we bought for 450k................??!!!?? Stick out tongue [:P]

I''m glad he''s gone too.

£1m profit? Great business.

Now, Granty needs to spend it wisely (if he is allowed)

Sorry KP, can''t agree with your opinion of Dickson. he was improving rapidly under Peter Grant, but I can live with him leaving.

What really Ps me off is all the people on this board whingeing and whining about him being sold. The vast majority of them will be the same people who have run him down for the last couple of years. If this club was ever successful again their sad little lives would be ruined.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

Sorry KP, can''t agree with your opinion of Dickson. he was improving rapidly under Peter Grant, but I can live with him leaving.

What really Ps me off is all the people on this board whingeing and whining about him being sold. The vast majority of them will be the same people who have run him down for the last couple of years. If this club was ever successful again their sad little lives would be ruined.

[/quote]

And therefore, would your ''Happy little life'' be ruined - if we were ever successful again?

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[/quote]yes that is so true, it is the hypocrisy that winds me up, one minute he a lazy underachiever, then when we sell him he becomes our most important player, I don''t get it.

I for one aren''t sorry to see Etuhu leave, healthy profit on a poor player in my opinion. How someone that big could get knocked off the ball so easily escapes me. I want to see players who clearly want to wear the shirt and play with passion, cant say he seemed to show that at all.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[/quote]

And therefore, would your ''Happy little life'' be ruined - if we were ever successful again?

[/quote]

No

[:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D]