Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

This should be a laugh.........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]Who out of your lots still supports Norwich, cause all I''ve seen is you constantly bashing everything about it.

Who out of your lots still supports Norwich, cause all I''ve seen is you constantly bashing everything about it.

and by the looks of things they have turned out to be right about the club

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]

Who out of your lots still supports Norwich, cause all I''ve seen is you constantly bashing everything about it.
[/quote]

Well said!!

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]

[/quote]

Bashing is fun.........especially the Bishop.[:P]

Chill out, UREA Gradually Cantankerous.......It''s only a bit of bashing banter.......Have you got a proper job yet?

i surport norwich and dont see why the board are so rubbish, no one moans about grants tactics, which are useless, but i think apart from the two sales, its been positive, but the players we buy might make there clubs unhappy, so we cant buy buy buy and expect no one to be sold then be furious at the boared becasue of it

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]

Arthur, I fully support the board. They continue to run the club well in my opinion and I believe that they have the best intentions in moving the club on in the best way. We have signed 6 and 2 key players have left, one expected and one less so. However neither is indispensible and like any other club or business we''ll move on. I am not dazzled by Delia''s smile, celebrity or niceness, I just think she and her husband are quite driven and successful business people and they have good people around them. Things aren''t always amazing at any club but I think we do OK.  

You on the other hand turn up on this board as some kind of cross between the Messiah and Arthur Lowe promising insurrection and wearing your tweed jacket at the barricades on Rouen Road with a supposed vision that you were happy to share if one chose to visit you in some pub in St Stephens.

When challenged with real questions about your plans and intentions to make the changes you felt were needed  you proved to offer nothing of any substance, I believe fell ill, went on holiday and came back some weeks later as a watered down version of Smudger, possibly the most self deluded indvidual on the planet but at least genuinely annoying, a kind of 1st Wizard without the irony or a Cluck without the beak.

So if we are forced to choose between you, ''I really have plans, honestly, just you wait'', Smudger, ''look Mum I''m on the message board again'' or Cluck, ''we don''t like strangers around here'' or the current board of the club, I''m afraid it would have to be Delia, Donc and Sharon et al.

I will support them because they have done nothing wrong and until someone on this forum can suggest an alternative to the current board  then i will continue supporting them  .

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]

So Arthur, when are you selling your season ticket? [:^)]

[/quote]

Thats it, ignore the question and hopefully it will all go away!

SELL YOUR SHARES NCFC BOARD NOW BEFORE WE GO DOWN-RELEGATION WILL BE YOUR FAULT!

I support them, just cause two players had release fee''s in their contracts doesnt mean we should ''protest'' to use the words of many.

Earnshaw wouldn''t have been a Norwich player unless that clauses was in the contract.....and Etuhu has been up and down, it''s sad to see both of them go but hey, thats football!!!

And with players going out will come players coming in and I can a few nice transfers coming our way.

Don''t start moaning until the transfer window is closed, cause every player is replaceable as long as you have cash, even Earnshaw and Etuhu.

[quote user="FUEL ROX"]i still suport the board, i''d prefere our board to someone like ridsdale or mandric anyday thanks
[/quote]

is this the same mandric that took pompey where they are, premier league top half last look.

i support the club but change needs to be made at the top level. be that wholesale, be that replacing Doomcaster witha  salesman who can give as good as he gets when it comes to the tranfser market or perhaps getting a football brain on the board.. either way, something needs to be done and quickly.

jas :)

I support the club, who is or isn''t on the board doesn''t really come into it - and it never has, other than when Chase almost bankrupted us.  I''m pretty sure that they have the best intentions, and will make good decisions and bad along with the rest of us.  On this occasion, it is hardly the board''s fault if players want to leave to go to the Premiership, but of course sense has never been a reason to prevent you from moaning and whining.

What intrigues me the most is the loudest moaners on here who seem to think everything is so black and white and dead easy, such as Smudger and Mr Whittle - I do wonder how it is, if everything in the world is so straightforward, that they aren''t in a financial position themselves to do something about it rather than moan and whinge on here.  You''d have thought with their perfect knowledge of the whole world that their own business acumen must be spot-on, so they are multi-millionaires at the very least? 

I support them.*Players come, Players go.  Shit happens.  Two big players have left on release clauses that were negotiated  in January ''05.  Etuhu''s clause was for 3 times what we signed him for, at a time when transfer prices were on the slide (well excepting chelsea), before the new sky deal sent the world mad (again).  As to him even having a clause - every contract negotiated by a professional agent will have one as it makes their job so much easier.  At least we haven''t lost money on him - Owen''s clause will lose Newcastle 8 million or just under half the fee - and they "rescued him" from the madrid reserve team.We still have 45 days of the transfer window left in which to sign replacements/reinforcements so complaints/crowing (from smudger) about being "proved right" about thee transfer budget etc - nothing has yet been proved.As for the financial arguements about incomings/outgoings - the uncertainties are certainly of the order of half the total amount, if not more - anyone with a science A-level will tell you this means that they are pretty much worthless to base an arguement on.As to selling your shares to ambitious investors - where are they?  Delia can''t sell her shares to a non-existant person.   Find someone, that proved their ambition for Norwich City to be as good as possible (not get a quick premiership pay day and then go away - some of us want the club to still be here in 40, 50 years)  then I''ll join you in wanting Delia et al to sell up.  As it is we are as likely to get a worse board as a better one - so no thanks.

*a qualified them that does not include our chief negotiator from Jan ''05.

Note the first * is the relevant one to the final comment.  The second is an "expletive deleted".Btw the Identity of the person who negotiated the Etuhu and Earnshaw signings is the question I would like put to Doncaster in his upcoming Q&A.

Agree with what most people have said.

First and foremost, I support the club. I go along each week to cheer on the eleven NCFC players on the pitch, not to cheer or castigate the Board.

But they do have my support for now.

There are things that could be changed and I think those calls for a "football person" on the Board -names come to mind-Ken Brown, Dave Stringer, even Gunny- else a Director of Football, Nicky Shorey has proved how well that position can work if applied properly at Reading-should be seriously listened to.

But players come and players go. That is football. Its no good us debating, celebrating, castigating the Board and club for bringing players in, then writhing around in exaggerated mental anguish if we go and sell players as well. I can''t imagine supporters of Colchester are debating demonstrations on their Forums because of the loss of Cureton et al, neither Hearts fans taking to the streets with flaming torches because they have let Brellier go. Etuhu clearly did not want to stay, the offer met the clause that was agreed upon by a different managerial and coaching regime at the club and that was that. Dickson had a release clause, commonplace in European football, ever more so in English football. It was met, he agreed to go-end of story. All because it is met doesn''t neccessarily mean that the player will leave, he still has to agree to do so-if, for example, Bournemouth or Notts County had stumped up the £1.5 Million, would he have agreed to even talk to them, let alone join them-don''t think so. Besides, we have taken advantage of exactly that self same issue as well, Dave Striker had a clause in his contract, we met it, he joined us. Didn''t have to but liked what he saw. Lets hope we end up liking what we see of him.

We''ve had our say on this, Hucks has clearly had his and how! Hopefully we can now put it to bed and focus on who we do have, and who we might get, instead of who we had and who shouldn''t have gone. Good luck Dickson, he obviously thinks that Roy Keane is as good as anyone he will ever have the opportunity to work with to improve as a player-but he''s gone now, history.

At the start of this thread there was an element of "...you see, I told you so..." and, I think, an expectancy of people falling into line, holding their hands up and saying "...you were right and we were wrong...". Not so. We have all had our say about the Board and we have said it for most of the Summer, but, as far as I am concerned, rightly or wrongly, I would sooner have them in place, now, today, than I would some other so-called football "people" in place at other clubs, people who have either put their clubs into massive debt, else nearly lost them their grounds, their futures, and a whole lot of other things. Yes, they aren''t perfect but we aren''t going to get a perfect board who does what everyone wants all the time, so lets see where we go with this current one who are trying to do what they can, for our club, and, at best, pleasing a few people, some of the time-pretty thankless task really!

Are you there Arthur? Can''t hear much laughing.

I have to agree with the people saying we can''t just oust the board. And I also agree that our board isn''t 100% - whos is? 

Delia has already said shes willing to sell her shares off if the right people come in. Thats as much as she can do to advertise her shares and eventually hand over ownership to someone else. She not going to think "oh well, cut my losses" and just leave she''ll want her money back. Anyone on here a multi-millionaire? Smudger? Arthur? No?

Until someone can buy the shares from her shes going nowhere.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Who on here still supports the board and if so why?[/quote]Who out of your lots still supports Norwich, cause all I''ve seen is you constantly bashing everything about it.[/quote]

Bashing is fun.........especially the Bishop.[:P]

Chill out, UREA Gradually Cantankerous.......It''s only a bit of bashing banter.......Have you got a proper job yet?

[/quote]

Indeed I have...

And anyway, that "group" seem pretty serious with their hatred for all thingd ncfc

I support the board. I see no reason why not too.

There have been a few departures, which i believe the board cannot be entirely blamed for.

Etuhu didnt want to stay, was offers a new contract but the lure of premiership football was too strong.

These clauses are an unfortunate part of football, but it is ultimately down to the player if he wants to leave.

The club has explained why the clause in dixons contract, and I cant fault them for agreeing that.

Its football, players leave clubs all the time. You cant hold onto players that want to leave.