Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Board - WHY THE DELAY IN SIGNING QUALITY REPLACEMENTS?.

According to Doomcaster, the majority of players have ''buy-out'' clauses in their contracts. In which case, I would expect a further 2 or 3 good quality replacement players to sign for the club within the next day or two. Given the current environment with regards players contracts etc, Grant simply needs to identify the players required, establish the ''buy-out'' price, send a written offer & bingo - straight into negotiation with the player. After all, that is what happened to us.

But, I dare say that it ''is not as simple as that'' is it Doomcaster?!.

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy-out clauses are given away to buying clubs by the players agents, not by the managers of the selling club. You make it sound like Grant and Donc can snoop around in other clubs confidential player contracts and find out who has release clauses. If we identify a target we have to just hope their agent will tip us off with the players buy-out clause (like with Dave the Striker).

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Buy-out clauses are given away to buying clubs by the players agents, not by the managers of the selling club. You make it sound like Grant and Donc can snoop around in other clubs confidential player contracts and find out who has release clauses. If we identify a target we have to just hope their agent will tip us off with the players buy-out clause (like with Dave the Striker).

[/quote]

No but they can get on the phone to the agents like other clubs do can''t they???

oh silly me... I nearly forgot Doomcaster and the rest of the Norwich board are just too honest for that and all round good eggs aren''t they???  [+o(]

You do yourself no favours - the man''s name is Doncaster.

How do you think he came across in the webchat?  Personally I thought he came across excellently. 

He certainly showed why he wears a tie for work and does a job we would all want.......rather than sitting in his pants posting for the 15th time of the day at after midnight to a faceless website. 

Before you retort.....it is only 9.45pm here....4 hour time difference.....and I am fully clothed.

[quote user="nobbyg"]

..rather than sitting in his pants posting for the 15th time of the day at after midnight to a faceless website. 

[/quote]nice one nobbyg....lol

[quote user="nobbyg"]

How do you think he came across in the webchat?  Personally I thought he came across excellently. 

He certainly showed why he wears a tie for work and does a job we would all want.......rather than sitting in his pants posting for the 15th time of the day at after midnight to a faceless website. 

Before you retort.....it is only 9.45pm here....4 hour time difference.....and I am fully clothed.

[/quote]

It''s amazing the number of fans who are pro-ND because he''s good at public relations.  He strokes them and they like it.  But what did he actually SAY?  Are we any the wiser?

By October 2005 it was obvious to me that something was fundamentally wrong at Carrow Road.  I was so concerned that in December I wrote to ND pointing out that our squad was the smallest in the Championship and therefore our chances of challenging for a swift return to the top flight were remote.  He went on for three pages about how I''d got my facts wrong, but in any case we got promoted in 2004 with a smallish squad so what''s the problem, and he hoped I wasn''t suggesting that the board hadn''t backed the manager as this would be tantamount to treason.  Initially I too was impressed that he''d taken the trouble to write at such length, but he was completely wrong and that''s why we''re in the mess we are now. 

His ability to manipulate the fans and the media is not in question, but it has done immense damage to our club.  It is the underlying reason why the fans have become so divided, and why Worthy became a scapegoat and we wasted a whole season on the WO campaign instead of addressing the real issues.  He''s like shark infested custard - smooth but dangerous. 

[quote user="nobbyg"]

[/quote]

oh the fact that he neds to wear a shirt and tie to work makes him a great man does it?

If he was a great man then he would be setting up his own business and making his own money in his own right.  Maybe if he was able to do that then he would be allowed to wear what he likes to work as he would be his own boss.

As for the Webchat... well it was the NON EVENT that anybody that was clued up expected it to be... full of pre-ordained answers that the club had had long in advance, that actually answered very little because yet again they show that they can''t answer straight forward questions with frank answers.

NEXT!