Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Safri . . . . .Petition - sign here.

Just spoke to a work colleague who went up to Colney, he managed to speak to Safri and although he didn''t say a lot because that is Safri''s way he did make a couple of things clear.

Safri wants to stay. The only reason he is a little unsettled is that he wants a contract extension for job security etc. The West Brom rumour seems to be true but he doesn''t want to leave.

If anyone really gives a damn I would make this an arguing point. Here is a good quality player that wants to play for this club and looks as though he is being pushed out.

Lets here it for Safri from all of those that want him to stay!

Yep, give Saf''s a year''s extension. Regardless of the African Nations Cup and perceived injury problem he''s a quality player who should figure more regularly. His experience counts, as well as the simple fact that I doubt Grant will be able to get two replacement midfielders in. (Plus it''s all very well assuming Brellier will be the midfield saviour, but we''ve yet to see him start.)

Sign me up, i think it would have a far bigger effect on the team if Saf`s left, than the impact Etuhu`s departure will cause.

We must keep him!!

On his day a really good player , I heard he went up to West Brom for talks two weeks ago and little happened I think he didnt like their offer , The fact he was in the team last night indicates hes staying.

The Sheriff is nailing his colours to the Saf staying mast !

[quote user="The Penguin"]

Sign me up, i think it would have a far bigger effect on the team if Saf`s left, than the impact Etuhu`s departure will cause.

We must keep him!!

[/quote]

Now if only you could convince Roy Keane M.D.S. of this he would probably do a swap and give us Ertuhu back [;)]

With slight reservations, I would like Safri to stay. The only thing is though, I have the feeling that maybe Grant is not that eager to keep him and obviously if this is the case then maybe Safri will be on his way. Whatever happens, we need another quality central midfielder to bolster the squad at this moment in time.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Penguin"]

We must keep him!!

[/quote]

Now if only you could convince Roy Keane M.D.S. of this he would probably do a swap and give us Ertuhu back [;)]

[/quote]

I wonder how much we will miss the ever inconsistent Mr Etuhu, Preston certainly didn''t.  I wouldn''t be surprised to see Mr Etuhu on the bench then out of the side quick sharp at Sunderland with his poor mental aspects. 

Having made some astute purchases in the championship, I am not at all sure about Roy Keane''s aquisitions this time around...  he has forked out a lot of cash for some very average players.

Several have suggested that we should sign Safri for another year. Maybe thats on offer him? BUT how many would offer Safri a 3 or 4 year contract?

Dickson has just a 4 year contract at Sunderland. How many would have offered Dickson a 4 year deal? Did he reject a 1 or 2 year extension from us before signing at Sunderland?

Players want security, but also want the release clauses if a better offer comes along. The club has to honour the contract whether the player is in the side or not. I think the scales are firmly tipped towards the player.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Penguin"]

We must keep him!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder how much we will miss the ever inconsistent Mr Etuhu, Preston certainly didn''t.  I wouldn''t be surprised to see Mr Etuhu on the bench then out of the side quick sharp at Sunderland with his poor mental aspects. 

Having made some astute purchases in the championship, I am not at all sure about Roy Keane''s aquisitions this time around...  he has forked out a lot of cash for some very average players.

[/quote]

That''s more like it CJF!

So... how come you reckon he will be so difficult to replace... [*-)]

Are you people clinically insane!?!?

Safri causes an imbalance in the team ''cause he misses too many matches - I''d say keep him as a squad player, but he''s too much of an absentee to be relied upon even for that role.

Let him go and put his wages & transfer fee to the signing of a player with balls such as Bowyer or Hendrie.

I like Safri and definitely want him to stay...although a good offer for a 30 year old who lets face it is fairly injury prone would be difficult to turn down.

I think if we had a couple of potential good midfielders being talked about and linked with a move this would be a very different thread however it is eerily quiet from CR.

Keeping fingers crossed.

I may not be Safri''s biggest fan but we cannot let Etuhu and Safri go without strengthening an already thin part of the squad. He''s got to stay for the time being.

Safri must stay!!!

He is the best midfielder that Norwich have had since Ian Crook.

Last season he was the only midfielder we had capable of passing the ball consistently to a team mate.

And unlike the tower of apathy that has just sulked off to Sunderland, everytime Safri is on the pitch he plays his heart out for Norwich.

After Dickson''s departure I suppose it''s pretty crucial he stays.  We really can''t let another midfielder go and if he wants to stay that''s even more important.

Maybe someone needs to work with him on his fitness (what do these sports fitness guys do up at Colney, why is he constantly unfit).  He does remain our best passer of the ball (barring the new signings).  So, yes unless we manage to find someone of higher calibre (unlikely) he must stay.

Everything that people have said about Saf is true - but there is still the problem of him only being able to play on average one in every two games, which is not a good ratio, and it does remain that he is likely to be for the African Nations Cup (and could well return injured/knackered).  So you can see why the club might have been thinking over whether to extend his contract or cash in on him (if £1.5m was really on the table).  Things are probably a little different now, we probably can''t really afford to lose both of him and Dickson so close to each other, so I would hope we now get him sorted.

A player that loves the City, the Club and the fans and gives 100% every time he puts on the City shirt!! He simply has to stay! Safri plays with passion and I will be bitterly disapointed if he leaves Carrow Road.

Give him a new contract now!

On The Ball City!

Here we go here we go here we go yousseffs bettter than juhninio ooooooooo Moroccan all over the world PLEASE STAY

[quote user="chicken"]

Just spoke to a work colleague who went up to Colney, he managed to speak to Safri and although he didn''t say a lot because that is Safri''s way he did make a couple of things clear.

Safri wants to stay. The only reason he is a little unsettled is that he wants a contract extension for job security etc. The West Brom rumour seems to be true but he doesn''t want to leave.

If anyone really gives a damn I would make this an arguing point. Here is a good quality player that wants to play for this club and looks as though he is being pushed out.

Lets here it for Safri from all of those that want him to stay!

[/quote]

Why not do a proper petition then?  Hand it in on paper, might make more of an inpact, just an idea.  Or e-mail Neil Doncaster [;)]

Sorry Chicken, but I don''t agree. And as everyone knows, contracts mean sod all, except maybe more money for the player (Ashton) he''s okay..ish in my books, but gets tired, injured a lot and is away many times.

Thats no good to PG or the club, and in the words of Monty Python, ''we must not submit to blackmail''!.