Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Petition ? Doncaster should go and go now .......................

Anybody else agree. If he reads this MB as I am told he does then lets show him what we think of him.

Erm....No!  Why should he?  If they hadn''t put the clauses in the contracts then we would never of had the players here, so what could he of done? They offered Etuhu a nice new extended contract and he turned it down.  Maybe if the fans had of appreciated Etuhu a bit more then he wouldn''t have been so keen to leave.

No.  This is utter mindless drivel.  Wake up and grow up. 

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]Anybody else agree. If he reads this MB as I am told he does then lets show him what we think of him.[/quote]

No, get real and get in the real world. These are namby pampy footballers who will leave at the drop of a hat if its going to benefit them, same as you would if someone coughed up more money for you to do the same thing

Doncaster has no idea about football. He says if we don''t let players have get-out clauses then we don''t get them. Then don''t bother. I can kinda understand it with the earnie situation but even then we should have at least tried to get £4-5m clause put in place. Why sign a player who knows all he has to do is perform and then all another team has to do is match his get-out clause and he''s off. I guarantee david Marshall (easily the best keeper in our division) will be off the sooner a better team comes in for him.

You really do have to question our club''s negotiating skills when it comes to signing new players. I wouldn''t be surprised if the board just bends over and takes whatever the player (and obviously his agent(s)) asks for. Hardly negotiating is it!

Getting back to Doncaster and him  (wish he would go back there!) blasting Huckerby. What does he expect. If we didn''t have him we would have been down last year and probably the year before. He has every right to be concerned. I honestly feel if we don''t get someone to buy the club we will be as far away from the Premier League as we have ever been in my life-time. In the meantime I will continue to go  to the matches in the hope I am completely wrong about all of the above. Dont think I am though.

Yes.  I''ve nothing personal against the guy, but the club is in desperate need of someone who understands football as well as the balance sheet. 

[quote user="Disco Stu"]

Doncaster has no idea about football. He says if we don''t let players have get-out clauses then we don''t get them. Then don''t bother. I can kinda understand it with the earnie situation but even then we should have at least tried to get £4-5m clause put in place. Why sign a player who knows all he has to do is perform and then all another team has to do is match his get-out clause and he''s off. I guarantee david Marshall (easily the best keeper in our division) will be off the sooner a better team comes in for him.

You really do have to question our club''s negotiating skills when it comes to signing new players. I wouldn''t be surprised if the board just bends over and takes whatever the player (and obviously his agent(s)) asks for. Hardly negotiating is it!

Getting back to Doncaster and him  (wish he would go back there!) blasting Huckerby. What does he expect. If we didn''t have him we would have been down last year and probably the year before. He has every right to be concerned. I honestly feel if we don''t get someone to buy the club we will be as far away from the Premier League as we have ever been in my life-time. In the meantime I will continue to go  to the matches in the hope I am completely wrong about all of the above. Dont think I am though.

[/quote]

yes, Doncaster gets the ballr olling on transfers and Contracts Etc. if he cant see that we should be doing our utmost to not sign players with such clauses then there is something wrong.

I said on another thread he isnt a salesman, he''s a solicitor. let him be club Solicitor and get in someone with some business nous who can wheel and deel and undercut to be in charge of the transfers/contracts.

jas :)

Absolutely not, I fail to see what he has done wrong. If we sign players with clauses in contracts the board get stick, if we don''t sign players the board get stick. They make the decisions, some they get right, some they get wrong. They offered Dickson twice as much money to stay, Sunderland offered him 3 times as much to go, thats not exactly the boards fault is it!

As for criticising Hucks, I can completely understand both points of view and I think you''ll find Hucks probably regrets saying it the way he did.

Now can you lot all grow up, get behind the club and team and actually support Norwich, there are a number of so called supporters who keep whinging and moaning as if we had a divine right to sign or keep the best players, we used to laugh at Wolves fans for doing exactly the same thing - what next a preprepared "you''ve let us down again" banner - or how about a protest on the openning day of the season!

[quote user="Disco Stu"]

[/quote]When will you get it Disco the clause was for 3.5 MILLION  not 4 or 5 if it was for 4 or 5 he would not have come here it was 3.5 million for a reason .

no. ur all forgetting that as hard as it is to admit it, norwich is a business and his job is to make sure the club is profitable for the shareholders. it wud be irresponsible of him as a chief executive to go spending money the club does not have, so with players being our largest asset then they must be sold to bring in the funds to buy new people.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]BORING!!! Wake me up when the season starts![/quote]

You will certainly be falling asleep when it does!!!

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/981061/ShowPost.aspx

Maybe Doomcaster should take a leaf out of his own book?

If him and his other cronies on the board can''t walk the walk then why oh why can''t they stop talking the talk and spouting c**p in the press???

Huckerby''s occasional outburst over the last six months or so have been the only signs of honesty and passion that we have seen from the Club...  I am behind HUCKS totally!!

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Erm....No!  Why should he?  If they hadn''t put the clauses in the contracts then we would never of had the players here, so what could he of done? They offered Etuhu a nice new extended contract and he turned it down.  Maybe if the fans had of appreciated Etuhu a bit more then he wouldn''t have been so keen to leave.[/quote]

And who was part of and present during the transfer negotiations. Now let me think hard about this one, GOT IT, MR NEIL DONCASTER.

[quote user="ob1"]No.[/quote]

Your complacency brings to mind the image of Nero continuing to quaff wine whilst Rome burned not realising the awful disastrous reality of his situation. In fact, the analogy or similarity with Nero could be applied to the Board of NCFC because Nero’s reputation was as an ineffectual, neglectful and brutal leader – replace ‘brutal’ with a different adjective such as autocratic, dismissive etc and perhaps replace ‘leader’ with control freak and the similarity blossoms. Our club has been in decline since our promotion to the Premier league. This chronic decline is gathering pace and the views of fans like you, although undoubtedly genuine supporters, only serve to give succour to the very people whose incompetent mismanagement is ruining our club.

NO for one reason only and the reason is this:

I sent Neil the most scathing email and made my feelings on many issues plain to him. With hindsight my wording could have been better and yes I did make the mail personal and attacked certain figures at the club.

His reply was detailed and I believe factual and he did appear to undestand where I was coming from and my frustrations. I dont believe he should go but I do believe its time we had a more dynamic figure head at the club. Delia should not go either she has done a lot for the club but the PR at times is appalling and the club needs good solid communication. Where they fail is allowing things to get out of control, they dont appaer to control matters especially the communication process.

I am not personally happy with things, management or the squad. Nothing against Peter Grant but I believe we will never appoint a Harry Redknapp or a Martin ONeil type manager because they are at times outspoken like Huckerby was the other day and we tend to appoint managers who do not speak out or at least push the board hard. Those that have in the past such as Bond, Walker and ONeil have usually walked out to other clubs.