Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

So come on then....

"That is why I refuse point blankly to answer that question any more."Technically, there would have had to have been an answer from either of you, ever, for that sentance to work.... and I''m not talking about "SACK THE BOARD" that isn''t an answer its a slogan.

[quote user="7rew"]"That is why I refuse point blankly to answer that question any more."

Technically, there would have had to have been an answer from either of you, ever, for that sentance to work.... and I''m not talking about "SACK THE BOARD" that isn''t an answer its a slogan.
[/quote]

There were plenty of answers given 7rew... don''t know if you were about at the time but Mandaric was one of them that was poo pooed and another was Souness.

So, Arthur, by my (conditionally) backing of the Board, I am contributing myself to the downfall and decline of our football club, and, to prove myself as a "genuine" supporter, I should rally to the flag of the board -and, by definition, the club as a wholes- detractors and demand wholesale removal and change,starting with their own?

Well bugger-guess I am going to be contributing to the downfall and decline of the club throughout the coming season then! Mind you, at least when you takeover, you can sack all of the fans like me, we won''t be allowed to support and watch the team anymore, maybe you''ll confiscate my season ticket and make me give my shares to someone more deserving?

As 7rew said-what you are constantly saying is no longer a solution or even an option, its just a slogan.

[quote user="MightyYellows50"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Arbiter"]If you read my post I asked "did it ever cross your mind" it wasnt a statement of fact more an alternative reason. Much like the supposition that "Etuhu wanted Premiership football", or "Etuhu didnt settle in Norfolk", much like "Etuhu really wanted to play for Keane" or even "Sunderland offered 3 times the wages Norwich did" etc etc. Not statements of fact, proposals, possibilites. Shades of grey with maybe, i would suggest, an element of truth in all.

The point was that much like life you cannot attribute everything that happens down to one or two individuals to suit a one-sided agenda. It just aint black and white.  Certainly not if you had a reasoned  sense of proportionality.

Your assertion that my post was backing the board shows how you will twist any questioning of your position as being unquestionably supportive of the current regime. Quite frankly it is the sanctinimonious drivel you keep spouting that is the joke. You''re the guy suggesting he may give up his season ticket, so its blatant hypocrisy in the extreme to start accusing me of ''doing damage to our club''.

I wish life was black and white Arthur it would be far simpler but frankly far more boring.  The freedom of speech (Archant?) we enjoy on these boards is a great thing, its just a shame its wasted on your purile and cancerous campaign.

OTBC

[/quote]

First of all i follow the badge and if i feel the players/board or manager deserve my support then i will support those indivduals aswell thats why i am currently pondering if i should sell my ticket even though its not doing the club any good short term, i feel it would in the long term. Secondly i believe that you are fully backing the board as you have already told me to ''''CUT THE CRAP ITS NOT DELIAS DOING''''  By all means keep buying your season tickets only for us to end up mid table yet again,IMO thats why Delia and co are all self made millionaires cos people like you will listen to anything they say.

[/quote]

Mr Whittle,

So if you were that upset with the Club etc, then why have you not already sold your season ticket to someone who is waiting for one?  Once again you avoid answering.  Why don''t you take the example that Smudger has set and don''t go, and sell your season ticket?

I personally think you are on a wind up mission and are all talk.  I see post after post from you constantly moaning how the board is this and that and yet what have you done to show your displeasure?  ....... that''s right nothing AFAIK.  Can you PLEASE answer my question, as no one else either will or can and tell me if the CE, Board and Manager were to go who would take their places??????

At least Smudger, is proactive and sticks by what he means (even though I dont agree with it).

[/quote]

Ive sold my seaon ticket today after the glorious long term replacemnet, the international superstar Jimmy Smith.

Its a clear case of the blind seeing what they want with a lot of people on here., so my son will be sitting next to his best mate this coming season. You seem to suggest im a wind up yet i notice 1st Wizard hasnt been singled out for his ridiculous change from anti to pro-is this because it suits your opions.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

So, Arthur, by my (conditionally) backing of the Board, I am contributing myself to the downfall and decline of our football club, and, to prove myself as a "genuine" supporter, I should rally to the flag of the board -and, by definition, the club as a wholes- detractors and demand wholesale removal and change,starting with their own?

Well bugger-guess I am going to be contributing to the downfall and decline of the club throughout the coming season then! Mind you, at least when you takeover, you can sack all of the fans like me, we won''t be allowed to support and watch the team anymore, maybe you''ll confiscate my season ticket and make me give my shares to someone more deserving?

As 7rew said-what you are constantly saying is no longer a solution or even an option, its just a slogan.

[/quote]

but its ok for me to constantly be told that my actions/opinions are only harming the club is it? Its my opinion just like its yours so id leave out the sarcasms please my friend.

As my recollection serves Mandraic was suggested just after he started talks with leicester, ie when he had just ceased to be a vaild option .Souness, well....  That "idea" was ready poo pooed - Souness was trying to buy Wolves, who where then owned by the guy that sold them for £10 because he found someone he felt would take the club to good places,  yet this person would not sell to Souness - what does that tell you.  Souness was trying to buy his way back into management and most people wouldn''t want him anywhere near their club in that role.  He is awful at it, every club he is at declines.

[quote]Its my opinion just like its yours[/quote]Well, that''s the thing Arthur, all you offer is an opinion.  You don''t offer an alternative.  If you offer no alternative to what we already have, how do you expect to gain support from fellow fans ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Its my opinion just like its yours[/quote]

Well, that''s the thing Arthur, all you offer is an opinion.  You don''t offer an alternative.  If you offer no alternative to what we already have, how do you expect to gain support from fellow fans ?
[/quote]

its up to the fans to protest against the board to sell there shares

Well, that''s the thing Arthur, all you offer is an opinion.  You don''t offer an alternative.  If you offer no alternative to what we already have, how do you expect to gain support from fellow fans ?
[/quote]

Joe Ferrari would like his cup of coffee now Bleurgh.........and don''t forget his hobnobs......[8-|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

its up to the fans to protest against the board to sell there shares

[/quote]

I''ll help you out Blah.

Arthur, Sell them TO WHO?

[/quote]

How do you expect me to come up with alternatives? Im one fan. But how did other clubs get out of these situations? was by sitting there doing nothing? im sick of this ''''Give us alternative Arthur'''' BS. It seems its all you have against my stand against the board. I see things different to you but if the time comes where an ''''Alternative'''' was needed would you sit there still thinking that we are better off with this lot? Did you have an alternative when Chase was booted out? did anyone think of an alternative? I didnt i just wanted him out and then we could cross that bridge when we got to it. That how i few this board now. There are lots of willing investors in this sport its clear to see, so it would be a little naive to think nobody would be interested.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You seem to suggest im a wind up yet i notice 1st Wizard hasnt been singled out for his ridiculous change from anti to pro-is this because it suits your opions.[/quote]

Mr Whittle:

A short history lesson as I don''t recall you being on here at the time.

The 1st wizard was created by me as a vent for my anger during the Worthy days, and I''m record as saying that if he was sacked or left then I would probably kill'' wiz off..........so watch out for the anouncement.

I can see, even if you can''t, that since PG came here, there is a real glimer of hope in the club that had missing under the Worthy regime, why on earth would/should I continue to crictise the club when I can sense that buzz?, how the hell can I continue to rant at the club when I wouldn''t believe in what I was saying?.

I thought I had made the above perfectly clear, others posters had grasped it, although a few have given me a bit of grief over it, so I haven''t escaped being crictisied!

I wish you well, but we''re poles apart in our thinking..................thank God!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You seem to suggest im a wind up yet i notice 1st Wizard hasnt been singled out for his ridiculous change from anti to pro-is this because it suits your opions.[/quote]

Mr Whittle:

A short history lesson as I don''t recall you being on here at the time.

The 1st wizard was created by me as a vent for my anger during the Worthy days, and I''m record as saying that if he was sacked or left then I would probably kill'' wiz off..........so watch out for the anouncement.

I can see, even if you can''t, that since PG came here, there is a real glimer of hope in the club that had missing under the Worthy regime, why on earth would/should I continue to crictise the club when I can sense that buzz?, how the hell can I continue to rant at the club when I wouldn''t believe in what I was saying?.

I thought I had made the above perfectly clear, others posters had grasped it, although a few have given me a bit of grief over it, so I haven''t escaped being crictisied!

I wish you well, but we''re poles apart in our thinking..................thank God!.

[/quote]

Sorry 1st Wiz if my thread came across as offensive towards you bu it isnt meant like that, i used you purely as an example how people will ridicule me to suit there opinions and back others who have changed to suit those said people. I wish you well too sir and like the old saying goes ''''i may not like what you say but i like the fact you can say it''''

Regards.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

but its ok for me to constantly be told that my actions/opinions are only harming the club is it? Its my opinion just like its yours so id leave out the sarcasms please my friend.

[/quote]

I think Arthur, the problem is you voice your opinions and get abuse, we voice ours and we get abuse!!

I don''t mean to be abusive at all, apologies if I have-as I have said before, I admire yours, Smudgers et al passion for the club, but I just happen to disagree with you. The othre point is that we can both "prove" our points of view are the correct ones and both point out that our verbal opponents views are the wrong ones!

But we all support Norwich and thats what matters most of all. I''d love there to be an alternative to what we currently have, I raelly would. I just can''t see it ever happening thats all.

I stick with you Arthur. We might be in the minority now but time will tell, to me anything but the playoffs this season is failure, no ifs or buts.

[quote]Joe Ferrari would like his cup of coffee now Bleurgh.........and don''t forget his hobnobs......[/quote]

Oh, Mello ?  Mark Thornydyke has just asked me if you can put a plaster on his little finger, poor little tykes caught it in his keyboard.  Would you be a love ?

Oh, from the looks of what he''s typing, Smudgers run out of loo roll.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="MightyYellows50"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Arbiter"]If you read my post I asked "did it ever cross your mind" it wasnt a statement of fact more an alternative reason. Much like the supposition that "Etuhu wanted Premiership football", or "Etuhu didnt settle in Norfolk", much like "Etuhu really wanted to play for Keane" or even "Sunderland offered 3 times the wages Norwich did" etc etc. Not statements of fact, proposals, possibilites. Shades of grey with maybe, i would suggest, an element of truth in all.

The point was that much like life you cannot attribute everything that happens down to one or two individuals to suit a one-sided agenda. It just aint black and white.  Certainly not if you had a reasoned  sense of proportionality.

Your assertion that my post was backing the board shows how you will twist any questioning of your position as being unquestionably supportive of the current regime. Quite frankly it is the sanctinimonious drivel you keep spouting that is the joke. You''re the guy suggesting he may give up his season ticket, so its blatant hypocrisy in the extreme to start accusing me of ''doing damage to our club''.

I wish life was black and white Arthur it would be far simpler but frankly far more boring.  The freedom of speech (Archant?) we enjoy on these boards is a great thing, its just a shame its wasted on your purile and cancerous campaign.

OTBC

[/quote]

First of all i follow the badge and if i feel the players/board or manager deserve my support then i will support those indivduals aswell thats why i am currently pondering if i should sell my ticket even though its not doing the club any good short term, i feel it would in the long term. Secondly i believe that you are fully backing the board as you have already told me to ''''CUT THE CRAP ITS NOT DELIAS DOING''''  By all means keep buying your season tickets only for us to end up mid table yet again,IMO thats why Delia and co are all self made millionaires cos people like you will listen to anything they say.

[/quote]

Mr Whittle,

So if you were that upset with the Club etc, then why have you not already sold your season ticket to someone who is waiting for one?  Once again you avoid answering.  Why don''t you take the example that Smudger has set and don''t go, and sell your season ticket?

I personally think you are on a wind up mission and are all talk.  I see post after post from you constantly moaning how the board is this and that and yet what have you done to show your displeasure?  ....... that''s right nothing AFAIK.  Can you PLEASE answer my question, as no one else either will or can and tell me if the CE, Board and Manager were to go who would take their places??????

At least Smudger, is proactive and sticks by what he means (even though I dont agree with it).

[/quote]

Ive sold my seaon ticket today after the glorious long term replacemnet, the international superstar Jimmy Smith.

Its a clear case of the blind seeing what they want with a lot of people on here., so my son will be sitting next to his best mate this coming season. You seem to suggest im a wind up yet i notice 1st Wizard hasnt been singled out for his ridiculous change from anti to pro-is this because it suits your opions.

[/quote]

Arthur, I am actually sad to hear that it’s got to that stage for you as you obviously have a real passion and love for the club, something I respect greatly.

However if the loan signing of a promising young player has bought you to this then I humbly suggest you may be better off out of it.

The game has changed beyond recognition and in a way that I can’t say I’m happy with, but that’s the reality. Loans are fast becoming a vital part of a squad for a club like ours (when used correctly).

It’s a sad fact of the modern game, but a way to get quality into the squad.

Would I prefer a permanent deal? Of course but that all depends on the age old "who’s available, who wants to come, are they good enough" and more importantly "are they better than the guy I can get on loan?" If the answer is no, then why make the permanent deal?

Of course we can argue about who’s available etc but I’d prefer to leave that to others, I’m a guy behind a keyboard in Norwich and I’m not going to pretend I know that Player X from Club Y us keen to come to Norwich and earn X in wages.

lol Arthur I wasnt having a pop and I think you have the wrong end of the stick, was just stating MY opinion, I dont say we or us because I am ....well an I, on my own with my own ideas.  I am led by no one, no one sways my opinion ever.

Basically what I was saying is, all the whining you have done about the board, the CE yadda yadda yadda, and yet you still went ahead and bought a season ticket.  Now personally I''m a fan through good and bad, rough and smooth, went to all the Chase out protests, stood when we were told it was to be all seater. 

To be totally honest, as that is what I am, you have sold your season ticket to someone who wants to support the club, and all I can say is good on you.  At last someone else who isnt all talk.

What I cant understand totally is, you supported NCFC last season and many many seasons before, you must have seen changes, like myself, not always for the good.  But what you are clearly blind to is the fact that Peter Grant, love him or hate him is trying to turn things around for the good of the club, and I admire that, but the man needs time and patience.  After all he came to the club when the squad was left in a hell of a mess by Worthy, Times have changed, and we must move with the change or get left behind and live off the ''good old days'' mentality. 

Now if we had got to this stage and the club had not signed a single player, nor even got a sniffter that one may be forthcoming, then I could understand your frustration

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

lol Arthur I wasnt having a pop and I think you have the wrong end of the stick, was just stating MY opinion, I dont say we or us because I am ....well an I, on my own with my own ideas.  I am led by no one, no one sways my opinion ever.

Basically what I was saying is, all the whining you have done about the board, the CE yadda yadda yadda, and yet you still went ahead and bought a season ticket.  Now personally I''m a fan through good and bad, rough and smooth, went to all the Chase out protests, stood when we were told it was to be all seater. 

To be totally honest, as that is what I am, you have sold your season ticket to someone who wants to support the club, and all I can say is good on you.  At last someone else who isnt all talk.

What I cant understand totally is, you supported NCFC last season and many many seasons before, you must have seen changes, like myself, not always for the good.  But what you are clearly blind to is the fact that Peter Grant, love him or hate him is trying to turn things around for the good of the club, and I admire that, but the man needs time and patience.  After all he came to the club when the squad was left in a hell of a mess by Worthy, Times have changed, and we must move with the change or get left behind and live off the ''good old days'' mentality. 

Now if we had got to this stage and the club had not signed a single player, nor even got a sniffter that one may be forthcoming, then I could understand your frustration

[/quote]

It is a very sad day when a fan like Arthur feels that he wants to throw the towel in until the bunch of charlatans at Carrow Road move on!!!

I am sure Arthur has gone through many of the bad times (like yourself).

What a lot of people on here fail to see is that an ever increasing number of long-term City fans are now deciding to turn their back on the club until the current incumbents move on.  I know of 4 on here excluding myself and others that rarely or never come on here.

The reason these fans are turning their backs when they have been through so much in the past?

Quite simple really... they see Delia and the rest of her boardroom as the worst leaders that this club has ever had (and yes that includes the infamous Fat Bob).  [:(]

Mr Whittle:

I''m sad that the abuse is getting bad towards you, I can certainly relate to being on the sharp end of that sort of behaviour, and unlike a couple of loons on here, I believe you to be a loyal, long serving supporter of our great club.

We both have yellow and green blood pumping through our veins but we both support the club in different ways. I happen to think that you''re wrong with your stance on the club, and no doubt you think I''m wrong as well.

But abuse is not nice, nor is the one word/line insults so common on here. And you certainly don''t deserve that kind of treatment.

I wish you well.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="MightyYellows50"]

[/quote]

It is a very sad day when a fan like Arthur feels that he wants to throw the towel in until the bunch of charlatans at Carrow Road move on!!!

I am sure Arthur has gone through many of the bad times (like yourself).

What a lot of people on here fail to see is that an ever increasing number of long-term City fans are now deciding to turn their back on the club until the current incumbents move on.  I know of 4 on here excluding myself and others that rarely or never come on here.

The reason these fans are turning their backs when they have been through so much in the past?

Quite simple really... they see Delia and the rest of her boardroom as the worst leaders that this club has ever had (and yes that includes the infamous Fat Bob).  [:(]

[/quote]

I admire you Smudger, and have stated so in the past because you stick by what you believe, but I do too, believe me when I say if I thought that things were going drastically wrong at our beloved club I would be one of the first saying something has to be done.  However all I have seen is PG doing his hardest to change the mess Worthy left and make a squad of his own, I cant critisise that and have to say I admire the work he has put in, and continues to do so.  I think in all fairness fans should give him the benefit of the doubt, like myself, and if things go pete tong during the season then is the time to demand changes. 

I didnt post on here for years because I hadnt felt the need to, although I read posts every day.

I guess we all feel passionate, just in different ways about our club, it really is a shame that there isnt some middle ground with all of this where we could all move forward together instead of divided on opinions. I don''t think I have ever felt so sad seeing NCFC fans at eachothers throats.

Ok so you don''t like Delia, I have no opinion because I do not know her personally enough to make judgement.  It would not bother me if someone came in and bought her shares, however we all know in reality that wont ever happen.

I just support the sport I love, the manager, the club I love and the players at that club. 

A true supporter will NEVER turn their back on their club, ever.  There are always fickle fans, if some of them decide to go elsewhere, then that really is not an issue.

[quote user="Dicky"]

A true supporter will NEVER turn their back on their club, ever.  There are always fickle fans, if some of them decide to go elsewhere, then that really is not an issue.

[/quote]

I have supported city for 40 years and never been so disillusioned, i would not say i am fickle and have as many miles on the clock as anyone on here, more than most i would suggest but i am sick to death of this cheapskate, spinning, regime. what would you guys deem failure this year. or in your opinions can a club we love not fail. Be interested to know.

Good point Dicky, what a lot of the "get the board out" campaigners fail to have is a pragmatic perspective on the game.

Accusations of its not a business its a football club etc seem to be the root of their argument. The reality fortunately or unfortunately is that EVERY other club is faced with same challenges to varying degrees. Norwich are not unique and therefore the board not the evil collective some paint them to be. Every club has to survive and come hell or high water they do what they can to achieve this and move forward.

In simplistic, emotive and ideological terms its great to say never sell your best players (irrespective of agents/players/buying clubs/third party influences), dont open restaurants/focus on merchandise and be a slave to commercialism (irrespective of the fact that gate receipts/tv income wont balance the books alone).

Its all an old old argument but we bandy around figures and budgets on this board completely speculatively. In actuality we have no real understanding of the mechanics (ie of how transfers are conducted), economics of the game, or appreciation of players personal circumstance and ambition which inevitably influence every decision the club makes.

What true fans will do is question decisions sure, they will not agree with every decision but they appreciate they may not be in the full picture.

It aint black and white, its shades of grey and a true fan understands that.

The question i have to Smudger, Arthur Whittle etc is this. Do you truly think that the board dont have the best interests of NCFC at heart? its success is their success after all and in that we should all be united.

OTBC

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

It isn''t a question of going elsewhere is it?

More a question of having your club stolen from you!!!

It will return however when many of those that are praised so highly by yourself have moved on.  [:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I have supported city for 40 years and never been so disillusioned, i would not say i am fickle and have as many miles on the clock as anyone on here, more than most i would suggest but i am sick to death of this cheapskate, spinning, regime. what would you guys deem failure this year. or in your opinions can a club we love not fail. Be interested to know.

[/quote]

Ok i''ll stick my neck out.

I''ve thought about this and I feel 8th is a minimum.

Points tally could come into this as well, if we finished 9tt\10th in a tight table I might be ok with it.

Its very much a transition season IMO and, although i''m desperate for sucess, i think demanding and expecting it is dangerous and damaging in the long run. If we can take a step back, set realisitic goals it will allow us to enjoy the season, and back the team.

If we are expecting to be top three then the atmosphere at home will naturally suffer if we are below that, just outside the top six but still in contention.

I''m sure that marks me out as having no ambition and thats a personal point of view but that''s my take on this season.