Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

So come on then....

[quote user="7rew"]Oh my god - we have players that other clubs want to sign!

We must Sack the Board now - get a new board in that will get players that no other club wants.  Oh, wait....  we tried that (Robinson, Thorne) it didn''t work very well.

Isn''t having good players a good thing - we haven''t actually sold them yet.
[/quote]

Good point tey havent left yet but............

.......it looks like Colin, Safri and Ethuhu will leave so people have a right to be a little peeved. Im quite suprised a premiership team wants Dickson though. If  we let Safri go to a championship team i would be more pissed than if he went to a premiership club. At least going to the premiership they are moving up a league but selling our best central midfieder to a promotion rival is a concern.

[quote].it looks like Colin, Safri and Ethuhu will leave so people have a right to be a little peeved.[/quote]Well, yes, if they go it will be bad.  But the people who want them will pay money.  And we can use that money to bring in other players.  We have about 50 days to do that.If it was the week of the first match and Etuhu had just upped sticks and left, leaving us with no back up plan for the first match, I could understand the outrage.  But come on - we''ve got a bit of time, and a bit of money, let''s see if we can do better.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote].it looks like Colin, Safri and Ethuhu will leave so people have a right to be a little peeved.[/quote]

Well, yes, if they go it will be bad. 

But the people who want them will pay money. 

And we can use that money to bring in other players. 

We have about 50 days to do that.

If it was the week of the first match and Etuhu had just upped sticks and left, leaving us with no back up plan for the first match, I could understand the outrage.  But come on - we''ve got a bit of time, and a bit of money, let''s see if we can do better.

[/quote]

What evidence is there to suggest that this board are not doing the same as Chase? None so far, sell a player and buy a cheap replacement and watch the club crumble. This would be 2 crucial players leaving, and theres no hiding from that. Pre season has started and ideally you want your players to get used to each other before the season starts.

There were indeed times last season when Dickson Etuhu looked like a player worth a lot more than £1.5m, although we all know that there were also times when he played like a £1.50 player.

There is the question that would Dickson have originally signed for Norwich City without the agreed £1.5m release cause in his contract, who knows...In my opinion though this amount is a very fair true assessment (not when compared with today''s market though: £5m for Chopra and £5m+ for Koumas, both failures in the prem) on Dickson''s ability. Still, it is clear mis-managment to allow for us a release cause to be put into place, had it not have existed we would have been able to negiotate a much better price/deal.

I believe that we will miss Etuhu, the Chelsea, Ipswich, and Cardiff Dickson Etuhu that is. Although with the £1.5m plus that we have availble to us, we can find a much more conisistant replacement (on top of the CB we need).

I feel that Dickson definetly had the potential to prove his critics wrong this season, potentially stearing Norwich to promotion, in a way if he leaves it will feel like he still has unfinished business here. At the moment IMO he is not premiership quality, and will struggle to establish himself in any winning and successful Sunderland team, maybe he''ll learn a thing or two off of Roy Keane though. Good luck to you, Dicko!

I for one will NOT be joining you, Arthur or anyone else on protesting against the board, although if Mr Super Darren Huckerby is allowed to leave that will be a different matter!!

Stop me if I’m being cynical but just a handful of weeks ago we were told by Smith & Jones that now Mike & Sharon (or whatever they are called) were on board having bought a seat on the board for a couple of million quid the club would not be forced to sell players.

So why is it I’m starting to think that once again the anointed ones haven’t told us the truth because which ever way you look at it the weakness of the contracts the clubs negotiated has ensured that this is absolutely the case. So Dixon had an improved contract on the table? Well if it was that lucrative he would have stayed wouldn’t he rather than head off to the north east for a season in the Premiership, zero out of ten there I’m afraid Mike & Delia, Mike & Sharon, Howard & Hilda, Derby & Joan.

So whilst Mike & Sharon may well run out the standard line of all new football club directors, we need to maximise off field income and reduce costs frankly it doesn’t add up to tupence halfpenny’s worth of ---t if the clubs key assets are secured on pieces of paper that are worth about as much as used Andrex and we aren’t willing or able to offer revised contracts that secures the long term future of the clubs key assets.

Sorry but I have little confidence in the current major shareholders but one thing they have done is improve the cash position of the club which if they are planning to sell anytime soon will certainly be to their advantage. Of course they told us they are not looking to profit from the sale of their shares but they have told us plenty of other things as well which haven’t proven to be true either so why should we believe this?

These people need to leave and leave soon as I contend that the club has been in a continuing downward spiral for three years now and they possess neither the means or the ability to reverse the slide. But lets look on the bright side, Mike & Sharon will be looking the price of chips in the Gunn Club with detailed scrutiny but lets not worry about underselling players shall we.

Just think, just a few weeks until Smith & Jones get up in the Gunn Club for yet another clarion call to those who more than happy to admire the empresses new cloths, stirring stuff indeed but my real fear is it will take a monumental mistake by them such as allowing Hux to walk away before the faithful wake up to the true plight of our club .

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ohh and while we are on the subject... Did Dickson have a dental problem on saturday? I personally doubt it. Come on all the pro Delias, its a little quiet!! I for one am seriously questioning whether to keep my season ticket and would like to know if it is possible to get a refund before the season starts. I cant stand the thought of the club taking advantage of my loyalty again by selling our better players after so many renewels.[/quote]

So Mr Whittle are you keeping your season ticket then?  Backing up what you stated before? [:|]If you feel that hard done by Mr Whittle might I suggest you go straight away to CR and obtain a refund.  There will be people no doubt waiting for a season ticket to take your place.

In fact how many of those people who keep threatening to not renew, or want a refund are actually going to back up their bold statements? Hmmmm interesting to know.

If you don''t like the product, then dont buy it.  Be like smudger, who I admire for the fact he has stuck to his guns and for what he believes in.  Just like I, and all have their opinions.  But don''t say one thing and dont do it, after all talk is cheap.

If people want to protest then go for it, it''s your right, however, I don''t really think now is the time, and I cant see the protests getting much support at the minute, Granty has brought in 6 players, albeit we don''t know how the new side will gel together, but every season with new players starts the same and this one really is no different.  Ok so two have gone, ''If Im feeling low I wont play well'' Etuhu, and Ernie who we were without for a lot of last season anyhow, it''s not the end of the world.

Last season I remember a lot of fans on this very forum critisising Mr Etuhu for playing below par all bar a few good games when his confidence was high, so why now do they not want to lose him?  Surely if Granty can get in a player who will give more than Etuhu then it would have been a good deal for NCFC to offload a player who cant play unless he is feeling confident?

The transfer window has not closed yet, so lets at least give it until it''s closed, let Granty try to replace Etuhu with someone who actually wants to play for NCFC, see the first few games and then decide on what youve seen.  In other words, don''t make harsh or rash choices before any of us know how the team will play together.

Lets imagine, just for arguments sake, If you did get a refund on your season ticket, Norwich did well and looked as though they we surpassing your expectations, would you not then be a little sick you had given up your season ticket on the whim Etuhu and Earnie left and you didnt give the new team a chance?  [;)]

So the club DID LIE- Dickson didnt have a dental problem he was moving to sunderland all along. How many more loies before people can see this board for what they are?

[quote]What evidence is there to suggest that this board are not doing the same as Chase?[/quote]What evidence is there to suggest that this board are doing the same as Chase?  It is innocent until proven guilty in Norfolk, isn''t it ?[quote] Pre season has started and ideally you want your players to get used to each other before the season starts.[/quote]To paraphrase a certain Mr Worthington :"Nobody buys players after June" ??!?!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]What evidence is there to suggest that this board are not doing the same as Chase?[/quote]

What evidence is there to suggest that this board are doing the same as Chase?  It is innocent until proven guilty in Norfolk, isn''t it ?

[quote] Pre season has started and ideally you want your players to get used to each other before the season starts.[/quote]

To paraphrase a certain Mr Worthington :

"Nobody buys players after June" ??!?!
[/quote]

Blah, the board is taking this club into terminal decline.

They have neither the money nor the ability to do anything about it.

Prudence has indeed triumphed over ambition and it will be the supporters who pay the price. The board has had every chance this season to show they are serious about making a proper challenge. They''ve bottled it again and have gone for safety first and pocketing a few quid. They were never serious about it Earnie knew it, Dickson Knew it and Hucks has now revealed that all the playing staff know it.

There has to come a time when enough is enough.

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ohh and while we are on the subject... Did Dickson have a dental problem on saturday? I personally doubt it. Come on all the pro Delias, its a little quiet!! I for one am seriously questioning whether to keep my season ticket and would like to know if it is possible to get a refund before the season starts. I cant stand the thought of the club taking advantage of my loyalty again by selling our better players after so many renewels.[/quote]

So Mr Whittle are you keeping your season ticket then?  Backing up what you stated before? [:|]If you feel that hard done by Mr Whittle might I suggest you go straight away to CR and obtain a refund.  There will be people no doubt waiting for a season ticket to take your place.

In fact how many of those people who keep threatening to not renew, or want a refund are actually going to back up their bold statements? Hmmmm interesting to know.

If you don''t like the product, then dont buy it.  Be like smudger, who I admire for the fact he has stuck to his guns and for what he believes in.  Just like I, and all have their opinions.  But don''t say one thing and dont do it, after all talk is cheap.

If people want to protest then go for it, it''s your right, however, I don''t really think now is the time, and I cant see the protests getting much support at the minute, Granty has brought in 6 players, albeit we don''t know how the new side will gel together, but every season with new players starts the same and this one really is no different.  Ok so two have gone, ''If Im feeling low I wont play well'' Etuhu, and Ernie who we were without for a lot of last season anyhow, it''s not the end of the world.

Last season I remember a lot of fans on this very forum critisising Mr Etuhu for playing below par all bar a few good games when his confidence was high, so why now do they not want to lose him?  Surely if Granty can get in a player who will give more than Etuhu then it would have been a good deal for NCFC to offload a player who cant play unless he is feeling confident?

The transfer window has not closed yet, so lets at least give it until it''s closed, let Granty try to replace Etuhu with someone who actually wants to play for NCFC, see the first few games and then decide on what youve seen.  In other words, don''t make harsh or rash choices before any of us know how the team will play together.

Lets imagine, just for arguments sake, If you did get a refund on your season ticket, Norwich did well and looked as though they we surpassing your expectations, would you not then be a little sick you had given up your season ticket on the whim Etuhu and Earnie left and you didnt give the new team a chance?  [;)]

[/quote]

You seem to of missed my point. Im THINKING of selling my ticket.  IMO the board have lied to us again after selling the crown jewels directly after excepted season tickets have been bought, which again in my opinion is verging on criminal but if your happy to keep doing this i think its people like yourself we have to blame about the way the club is going and thats backwards. I cant really see how anybody can call me negative when its clear to see the problem stems from the people backing the board year after year .  WAKEY WAKEY SUCKERS!!!!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

No wonder you have a doughnut for your avator 7rew!!!  [:D]

[/quote]could you explain this? - I don''t understand.Anyway its clearly a coffee cup.

None of us (not even Huckerby) would mind if we sold one (sometimes two) of our better players each year, as long as:

1) They were sold at top value.

2) An adequate replacement with scope to improve/develop into an equally capable player, had been purchased at the same time.

3) That any such sale would prove to have little effect on overall team ability, so that we maintained the drive to achieve success on the field of play.

Not so long ago we were without the support of wealthy owners & their friends, and had not received the extensive riches on offer to clubs who reach the Premier league in this current era. Player sales were a necessity in keeping us self-sufficient. As history tells us, when managed correctly a medium sized club can lose the occasional player to the wealthy ''vultures'' & still compete at the highest level.

Our inept Board of Directors made it clea that with the £2m of investment from Smith''s friends - NO Players would need to be sold!!!!!!!!!!

We now find that 3 of our best players have/are being sold - a situation which is angering both Grant and one of his senior & most influential players. In addition, the Club captain has also (on 2 occasions in the past year) been quoted by the press as being unhappy with the imbalance of quality going out against that coming in.

How unbelievable it is - that Chase was hounded from office after bringing us the most successful period in the club''s history. He left us £6m in debt, but with player values way in excess of this, & other assets which have been extremely beneficial to the curent Board. These clowns have resided over a period of under-achievement on the pitch, and yet some people are still trying to suggest that they have done nothing wrong.

The club is being run by a bunch of idiots who have achieved nothing but failure. They WASTED the chance of medium to long term financial & on-field success & clearly do not share the ambitions of Grant and many of the players and supporters. They are a disgrace - simple as that!.

On the release clause theroy, if a player signs for Norwich and insists on a release clause they clearly dont want to play for the club such as people like Cureton.

Stop putting in release clauses and you only get people here who want to play for the club, not blackmail us into selling them when convienient.

The board is getting away with selling our best players and people still defend them despite assurances from the board that NO players would be sold because of the Turners money. The club are blatantly lying to get people to renew season tickets and i feel i have been mugged by the board for the 3rd season running.

"Ethuhu had a dental problem". Proof of yet more lies by the board, the lack of respect they show fans is appalling.

[quote user="FramCanary"]

None of us (not even Huckerby) would mind if we sold one (sometimes two) of our better players each year, as long as:

1) They were sold at top value.

2) An adequate replacement with scope to improve/develop into an equally capable player, had been purchased at the same time.

3) That any such sale would prove to have little effect on overall team ability, so that we maintained the drive to achieve success on the field of play.

Not so long ago we were without the support of wealthy owners & their friends, and had not received the extensive riches on offer to clubs who reach the Premier league in this current era. Player sales were a necessity in keeping us self-sufficient. As history tells us, when managed correctly a medium sized club can lose the occasional player to the wealthy ''vultures'' & still compete at the highest level.

Our inept Board of Directors made it clea that with the £2m of investment from Smith''s friends - NO Players would need to be sold!!!!!!!!!!

We now find that 3 of our best players have/are being sold - a situation which is angering both Grant and one of his senior & most influential players. In addition, the Club captain has also (on 2 occasions in the past year) been quoted by the press as being unhappy with the imbalance of quality going out against that coming in.

How unbelievable it is - that Chase was hounded from office after bringing us the most successful period in the club''s history. He left us £6m in debt, but with player values way in excess of this, & other assets which have been extremely beneficial to the curent Board. These clowns have resided over a period of under-achievement on the pitch, and yet some people are still trying to suggest that they have done nothing wrong.

The club is being run by a bunch of idiots who have achieved nothing but failure. They WASTED the chance of medium to long term financial & on-field success & clearly do not share the ambitions of Grant and many of the players and supporters. They are a disgrace - simple as that!.

[/quote]

Spot on couldnt agree bloody more with you but the biggest disgrace in my eyes are the ones who still back the board thus setting us back for yet anougher season.

[quote user="Arbiter"]Great post Arthur, possibly the most sensible thing i have read from you. I for one would like to start a collection to buy Arthurs ticket. In fact throw in your PC as well......

Did it ever cross your mind that Etuhu has had enough of ''fans'' whining at his performances and has (or his agent has engineered) a move away? Of course not, that would''nt fit with your agenda would it?

I am not happy that Etuhu looks likely to leave but cut the c@@p it aint delias making.
[/quote]

This post in my eyes is the best yet! so dickson wanted out? spot on mate i would too if the club was ran in such a way this one is. I agree Dickson did need to feel wanted but to suggest its the fans fault is ridiculous. he knew that the fans were warming to him and its utter BS imo to suggest otherwise. Come on mate wake up. We''ve sold more season tickets then alot of clubs in the prem and sold our backbone straight after and you can still back the board? i think you will find its the likes of you who are doing more damage to our club then me old friend. Bloody joke!!!

If you read my post I asked "did it ever cross your mind" it wasnt a statement of fact more an alternative reason. Much like the supposition that "Etuhu wanted Premiership football", or "Etuhu didnt settle in Norfolk", much like "Etuhu really wanted to play for Keane" or even "Sunderland offered 3 times the wages Norwich did" etc etc. Not statements of fact, proposals, possibilites. Shades of grey with maybe, i would suggest, an element of truth in all.The point was that much like life you cannot attribute everything that happens down to one or two individuals to suit a one-sided agenda. It just aint black and white.  Certainly not if you had a reasoned  sense of proportionality. Your assertion that my post was backing the board shows how you will twist any questioning of your position as being unquestionably supportive of the current regime. Quite frankly it is the sanctinimonious drivel you keep spouting that is the joke. You''re the guy suggesting he may give up his season ticket, so its blatant hypocrisy in the extreme to start accusing me of ''doing damage to our club''. I wish life was black and white Arthur it would be far simpler but frankly far more boring.  The freedom of speech (Archant?) we enjoy on these boards is a great thing, its just a shame its wasted on your purile and cancerous campaign. OTBC

I reckon Mr Arbiter has got it spot on. Well said that man.

All of us have to look at the bigger picture.

I really rate Etuhu and Safri but the centre of midfield has been a massive problem for two years, both of had a big part to play in the last two years of rubbish.

However the ambition of the board will be shown as they react to these events.

Two centre midfielders and a centre half needed, though be good to see how Mr Spillane will fair this season. He certainly has ability.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]so dickson wanted out? spot on mate i would too if the club was ran in such a way this one is. I agree Dickson did need to feel wanted but to suggest its the fans fault is ridiculous. he knew that the fans were warming to him and its utter BS imo to suggest otherwise.[/quote]Well that makes it all ok then doesn''t it?We treated someone like crap for over a year, made comments about him being lazy and useless, and you feel the fans had no real impact on his decision to leave? - absolute tripe.I don''t blame him for leaving at all, especially not considering the attitude the majority have shown towards him, particularly in his earlier days at the club.He''s very clearly a confidence player, and when this is lacking, so does his performance, and to suggest that we fans had no influence on this is also utter BS Arthur.Many of the same fans who were slating the guy only months ago and who would have bitten Middlesboro''s arm off if they offered £1.5 million, are now defending his ability to the hilt! Very obviously these people are not only clueless but also complete hypocrites. The fact is that Etuhu didn''t perform as required on a regular basis, which is the reason why many fans WERE on his back, and I for one won''t be shedding any tears over his departure.

Wow, Fram Canary strikes again.  Just when you thought more rubbish could not possibly be spouted we get:

"As history tells us, when managed correctly a medium sized club can lose the occasional player to the wealthy ''vultures'' & still compete at the highest level.

Our inept Board of Directors made it clea that with the £2m of investment from Smith''s friends - NO Players would need to be sold!!!!!!!!!!"

History is irrelevant.  The distribution of funds between clubs has shifted beyond recognition in the past decade (only 20 years ago, TV money was distributed equally between all clubs in all four divisions).  Medium-sized clubs cannot compete now unless some owner is throwing tens of millions of pounds at it.  The only example recently was Charlton, and that was only because they got promoted 7 years ago when the gulf was not so great.  And now look where they are - right here in the same division as us.

The age when medium-sized clubs could compete at the top level with their own resources is GONE, almost certainly for good.

And as for the board saying no-one needed to be sold for financial reasons (i.e. to keep the club in business), then that was true.  Earnshaw and Etuhu were not sold because we needed the money, they were sold because richer teams were offering them a higher standard of football and more money and, not surprisingly, they wanted to go.  That is NOT the board''s fault.  That is real life.

To even reach the Prem for a season we have to punch above our weight, as there are more than 20 teams with more resources than us.  So rather than complaining, let''s get behind teh team.  We ARE, through no fault of our own, underdogs trying to achieve a miracle.  Let''s not forget that.

[quote user="Millo"]

"Ethuhu had a dental problem". Proof of yet more lies by the board, the lack of respect they show fans is appalling.

[/quote]

Rumour has it (at least it''s been posted on WOTB) that we were in negotiations to buy another player and that we were trying to keep the sale of Etuhu quiet to stop the selling club raising the transfer fee. Hence the little fib about his "dental problem".

[quote user="mr carra"]

Wow, Fram Canary strikes again.  Just when you thought more rubbish could not possibly be spouted we get:

"As history tells us, when managed correctly a medium sized club can lose the occasional player to the wealthy ''vultures'' & still compete at the highest level.

Our inept Board of Directors made it clea that with the £2m of investment from Smith''s friends - NO Players would need to be sold!!!!!!!!!!"

History is irrelevant.  The distribution of funds between clubs has shifted beyond recognition in the past decade (only 20 years ago, TV money was distributed equally between all clubs in all four divisions).  Medium-sized clubs cannot compete now unless some owner is throwing tens of millions of pounds at it.  The only example recently was Charlton, and that was only because they got promoted 7 years ago when the gulf was not so great.  And now look where they are - right here in the same division as us.

The age when medium-sized clubs could compete at the top level with their own resources is GONE, almost certainly for good.

And as for the board saying no-one needed to be sold for financial reasons (i.e. to keep the club in business), then that was true.  Earnshaw and Etuhu were not sold because we needed the money, they were sold because richer teams were offering them a higher standard of football and more money and, not surprisingly, they wanted to go.  That is NOT the board''s fault.  That is real life.

To even reach the Prem for a season we have to punch above our weight, as there are more than 20 teams with more resources than us.  So rather than complaining, let''s get behind teh team.  We ARE, through no fault of our own, underdogs trying to achieve a miracle.  Let''s not forget that.

[/quote]

Some good points in there, but you seem to have overlooked the fact that we have been seriously struggling in a league filled with teams with far smaller resources than ours. How many of them have had parachute payments, about £16million in player sales or 24,000 crowds in the last two seasons?

Granted, a handful have got wealthy backers which warps the picture, but then several have got far worse financial problems than us and yet still outperform us. No Norwich fan thinks we have a devine right to be in the Premiership but we absolutely SHOULD regularly be in the top 6 of this division, no question-and you would find there was little negativity if we achieved this. The pathetic level of investment in the team, in favour of massive investment in infrastructure over the last few years has ensured that we never stood a chance of this- and probably won`t for a long time. We are NOT underdogs in this league

We are underdogs now the parachute payments have gone, since I''m guessing there are certainly more than 6 teams with more money than us.

We have been poor the last couple of seasons but I would suggest that is not due to underinvestment in the team (which would be the board''s fault) but the fact that the manager spent perfectly adequate resources  badly (and we have had bad luck with injuries).  Which is why, at the end of teh day, the Board sacked him.

You can argue that with hindsight the Board stuck with Worthy for too long but, given what he had achieved at the club, you can surely at least understand why they put their faith in him.

At the end of the day football is tough because even if everyone at the club performs to the best of their ability it is still possible to fail.  Other teams are trying to do the same and only a few can succeed however much effort they put it.  Other teams may have more money and thus better players, or they may be luckier with injuries etc.

Just because things aren''t perfect doesn''t mean someone is at fault.  The dice are loaded against clubs like us these days.  No-one (including the Board I am certain) like losing our better players but these days, with the resources of the rich clubs so vast compared to ours and playesr having so much freedom and power, we have to face that there isn''t mnuch the Board can do about it.  If a Prem club offers our players huge wage increases and a higher standard of football we cannot realistically stand in their way. 

mr carra, as i have pointed out on another thread in the past two seasons we have made millions of profit in the transfer market (£3million in last accounts) therefore absolutely none of the £7.1million parachute payments (x2) went on the team. Player wages as a percentage of turnover have also been remarkably low and, from what i have read, well below average for a football club. 

In other words we never even gave ourselves a chance. Worthington got the best players in he could with the peanuts he was allowed to play with, but has become a misleading scapegoat by the board.

By the way, are you aware that the board have only sanctioned TWO transfer fees of over £1million in their tenure-Ashton bought with the £1.5million B shares budget surplus, and Earnshaw bought with the profit on Ashton? Thats ambition for you.

Why not compare us with other clubs in our league rather than the Prem., and then tell me why we are failing to compete with them?

[quote user="Arbiter"]If you read my post I asked "did it ever cross your mind" it wasnt a statement of fact more an alternative reason. Much like the supposition that "Etuhu wanted Premiership football", or "Etuhu didnt settle in Norfolk", much like "Etuhu really wanted to play for Keane" or even "Sunderland offered 3 times the wages Norwich did" etc etc. Not statements of fact, proposals, possibilites. Shades of grey with maybe, i would suggest, an element of truth in all.

The point was that much like life you cannot attribute everything that happens down to one or two individuals to suit a one-sided agenda. It just aint black and white.  Certainly not if you had a reasoned  sense of proportionality.

Your assertion that my post was backing the board shows how you will twist any questioning of your position as being unquestionably supportive of the current regime. Quite frankly it is the sanctinimonious drivel you keep spouting that is the joke. You''re the guy suggesting he may give up his season ticket, so its blatant hypocrisy in the extreme to start accusing me of ''doing damage to our club''.

I wish life was black and white Arthur it would be far simpler but frankly far more boring.  The freedom of speech (Archant?) we enjoy on these boards is a great thing, its just a shame its wasted on your purile and cancerous campaign.

OTBC

[/quote]

First of all i follow the badge and if i feel the players/board or manager deserve my support then i will support those indivduals aswell thats why i am currently pondering if i should sell my ticket even though its not doing the club any good short term, i feel it would in the long term. Secondly i believe that you are fully backing the board as you have already told me to ''''CUT THE CRAP ITS NOT DELIAS DOING''''  By all means keep buying your season tickets only for us to end up mid table yet again,IMO thats why Delia and co are all self made millionaires cos people like you will listen to anything they say.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

Oh grow up. "Oooh Mummy that nasty Mr Doncaster told me a fib and stole my lunch money to be used to fix the tuck shop".

Rumour has it (at least it''s been posted on WOTB) that we were in negotiations to buy another player and that we were trying to keep the sale of Etuhu quiet to stop the selling club raising the transfer fee. Hence the little fib about his "dental problem".

[/quote]

I love it!!!!!

Well that was a well constructed retort.....how do you know if i fully support the board, you dont know me from adam. Your entire counter argument is based on the fact that i said it wasnt ''delias doing''. Yet you are unable to concede that Dickson, his agent, the fans, his mum, Whoever (!) could have any influence on him leaving.As it happens on dont support the board entirely but i can see that things are not as clear cut as you make it.Its a shame Arthur that you cannot be more magnanimous because people on here would take you more seriously. I am afraid that your current position is so extreme as to be laughable. Sadly i think you are basking in the infamy of being Smudgers mucky right hand.OTBC

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Arbiter"]If you read my post I asked "did it ever cross your mind" it wasnt a statement of fact more an alternative reason. Much like the supposition that "Etuhu wanted Premiership football", or "Etuhu didnt settle in Norfolk", much like "Etuhu really wanted to play for Keane" or even "Sunderland offered 3 times the wages Norwich did" etc etc. Not statements of fact, proposals, possibilites. Shades of grey with maybe, i would suggest, an element of truth in all.

The point was that much like life you cannot attribute everything that happens down to one or two individuals to suit a one-sided agenda. It just aint black and white.  Certainly not if you had a reasoned  sense of proportionality.

Your assertion that my post was backing the board shows how you will twist any questioning of your position as being unquestionably supportive of the current regime. Quite frankly it is the sanctinimonious drivel you keep spouting that is the joke. You''re the guy suggesting he may give up his season ticket, so its blatant hypocrisy in the extreme to start accusing me of ''doing damage to our club''.

I wish life was black and white Arthur it would be far simpler but frankly far more boring.  The freedom of speech (Archant?) we enjoy on these boards is a great thing, its just a shame its wasted on your purile and cancerous campaign.

OTBC

[/quote]

First of all i follow the badge and if i feel the players/board or manager deserve my support then i will support those indivduals aswell thats why i am currently pondering if i should sell my ticket even though its not doing the club any good short term, i feel it would in the long term. Secondly i believe that you are fully backing the board as you have already told me to ''''CUT THE CRAP ITS NOT DELIAS DOING''''  By all means keep buying your season tickets only for us to end up mid table yet again,IMO thats why Delia and co are all self made millionaires cos people like you will listen to anything they say.

[/quote]

Mr Whittle,

So if you were that upset with the Club etc, then why have you not already sold your season ticket to someone who is waiting for one?  Once again you avoid answering.  Why don''t you take the example that Smudger has set and don''t go, and sell your season ticket?

I personally think you are on a wind up mission and are all talk.  I see post after post from you constantly moaning how the board is this and that and yet what have you done to show your displeasure?  ....... that''s right nothing AFAIK.  Can you PLEASE answer my question, as no one else either will or can and tell me if the CE, Board and Manager were to go who would take their places??????

At least Smudger, is proactive and sticks by what he means (even though I dont agree with it).

[quote user="MightyYellows50"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr Whittle,

So if you were that upset with the Club etc, then why have you not already sold your season ticket to someone who is waiting for one?  Once again you avoid answering.  Why don''t you take the example that Smudger has set and don''t go, and sell your season ticket?

I personally think you are on a wind up mission and are all talk.  I see post after post from you constantly moaning how the board is this and that and yet what have you done to show your displeasure?  ....... that''s right nothing AFAIK.  Can you PLEASE answer my question, as no one else either will or can and tell me if the CE, Board and Manager were to go who would take their places??????

At least Smudger, is proactive and sticks by what he means (even though I dont agree with it).

[/quote]

He does have a point Arthur... why don''t you send your season ticket back to the club if you are serious about what you say?

I would like to know the answer to that too... [:D]

As for making reasonable suggestions of how improvements could be made, forget it mate... because very few people are prepared to listen on here as you already know!!!

That is why I refuse point blankly to answer that question any more.