Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

So come on then....

Give me one bloody good reason why we should feel optimistic about the way the board have let our best players walk from this club without replaceing them [ and dont say transfer period is not over, for god sake who would really want to come here now?] Ive said along with others that the board are weak and far from ambitious and every year the same lot will come out in there defence only for them all to walk away with the ''''oh well maybe next year'''' attitude,and ''''Delias our girl we''re all one big happy family'''' [sick bag]

Huckerby, if you read this i for one wouldnt blame you if you walked. Then maybe all the pro delias can really hang there heads in shame!!!

The fact that the likes of Safri & Etuhu are two of our best players is why we finished 19th last season.

If they both go it''s imperative that replacements are signed within the next couple of weeks.

If not, then I would suggest that season ticket holders get their money back.

Too true Arthur, i ask a simular question of the board. We now look like losing Safri, Colin, Ethuhu to go with earnie and even our best player has got the hump now. Great for team morale isnt it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Give me one bloody good reason why we should feel optimistic about the way the board have let our best players walk from this club without replaceing them [ and dont say transfer period is not over, for god sake who would really want to come here now?] Ive said along with others that the board are weak and far from ambitious and every year the same lot will come out in there defence only for them all to walk away with the ''''oh well maybe next year'''' attitude,and ''''Delias our girl we''re all one big happy family'''' [sick bag]

Huckerby, if you read this i for one wouldnt blame you if you walked. Then maybe all the pro delias can really hang there heads in shame!!!

[/quote]

The board look like a rabbit frozen in the headlights.

If they are not up to the job move over and let somebody with some ambition take over.

Smudger and Cluck must be laughing in their beer because most of us have ridiculed their predictions which are now coming true in spades.

If Safri and Etuhu do end up leaving there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not signing any more players. This is when we''re going to see the board''s true colours, I think.

Ohh and while we are on the subject... Did Dickson have a dental problem on saturday? I personally doubt it. Come on all the pro Delias, its a little quiet!! I for one am seriously questioning whether to keep my season ticket and would like to know if it is possible to get a refund before the season starts. I cant stand the thought of the club taking advantage of my loyalty again by selling our better players after so many renewels.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If Safri and Etuhu do end up leaving there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not signing any more players. This is when we''re going to see the board''s true colours, I think.[/quote]

So Humps, there''s an excuse for not signing a centre half then?

Perhaps you could enlighten us?

As to the board''s true colours. We already know that Deals rather fancies blue & white. One shivers in anticipation as to what else may be revealed.

OTBC

Great post Arthur, possibly the most sensible thing i have read from you. I for one would like to start a collection to buy Arthurs ticket. In fact throw in your PC as well......Did it ever cross your mind that Etuhu has had enough of ''fans'' whining at his performances and has (or his agent has engineered) a move away? Of course not, that would''nt fit with your agenda would it?I am not happy that Etuhu looks likely to leave but cut the c@@p it aint delias making.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Arto , you are a lovely old boy  such a sweet thing , but best players ? where were you looking Arto ? mark my words we will be giving it a real go this season , lets see how far i am out shall we . [;)] arrdee.

Hmmmm

Just occurred to me .....   is Brellier better/worse than Safri?

is Chadwick better/worse than Etuhu?

Not sure about all this, but may not be totally disastrous. Yet.

I refuse to believe we''re in trouble... but events over the past two days have really brought home to me a deep hidden concern. If Etuhu leaves and Safri stays, fair enough, if vice versa then fair enough... if both go... we need to take action.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Hmmmm

[/quote]

My instincts tell me that Brellier will turnout to be better than Safri and Chadwick is definitely better than Etuhu, but it''s also a question of squad size & backup.

Is this the same Etuhu that 90% of this forum wanted rid of last year saying he was a waste of space?? And now you all are crying in your breakfast because we MIGHT sell him, absolute joke. As for Safri if we can get 1.5 million for him we should bite their hands off.

This team needed new blood after last years performance and for Huckerby to say that its a shame we are selling all our best players is idiotic, what is he achieving by saying these things in the press apart from dividing the club and its supporters when we should all be pulling together for the start of the new season. No i dont have rose tinted glasses for the board and if this season (grants first proper season) doesnt produce the goods then i will be the first to call for heads but until then we should all support the team we love with a passion.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If Safri and Etuhu do end up leaving there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not signing any more players. This is when we''re going to see the board''s true colours, I think.[/quote]

As to the board''s true colours. We already know that Deals rather fancies blue & white. One shivers in anticipation as to what else may be revealed.

OTBC

[/quote]

I didn''t say there was an excuse for not signing a centre half (we clearly need one and I will be very unhappy if at least one doesn''t sign at some point). I just said if (and it is still if) Safri and Etuhu leave we''ll make a tidy sum of cash from it so it will be blatantly obvious to everyone there is more money to spend.

Remember it''s still only July 16th. If no-one else has arrived by the start of the season I''d be worried. If no-one else is signed by the time the transfer window closes all hell will break loose, I''m sure.

Bear in mind none of this has actually happened yet. Although I''d definitely agree with others that it can''t do team morale any good, and the fact that Huckerby has said what he has said is a bad sign. The next few days will be interesting for sure.

[quote user="Canary_teen"]

How can you compare Chadwick to Etuhu? Chadwick is a winger and Etooooohoooooooo is a midfielder :S

[/quote]

Chadwick can play a pretty mean game in central midfield.

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

Is this the same Etuhu that 90% of this forum wanted rid of last year saying he was a waste of space?? And now you all are crying in your breakfast because we MIGHT sell him, absolute joke. As for Safri if we can get 1.5 million for him we should bite their hands off.

This team needed new blood after last years performance and for Huckerby to say that its a shame we are selling all our best players is idiotic, what is he achieving by saying these things in the press apart from dividing the club and its supporters when we should all be pulling together for the start of the new season. No i dont have rose tinted glasses for the board and if this season (grants first proper season) doesnt produce the goods then i will be the first to call for heads but until then we should all support the team we love with a passion.

[/quote]

Hucks is just saying what most fans of this club want the board to hear, how can we all pull together when we keep being stabbed in the back by the board.

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

Quite true - there was a link of Etuhu to M''bro for £1.5m last season which was laughed at by just about everyone, now all of a sudden loads of people have him down as our best player and/or £1.5m isn''t enough.   I find this about turn rather extraordinary, but classic of some of the posters on here.  I''ve always had him down as potentially one of our best players, but performing at 75% for 50% of the time is just not good enough for me, and if he goes I will not be too bothered.

One other thing re: Etuhu - which someone just posted about on the NCFC site: we are talking about a player who said "I wasn''t really up for the game" after one poor match last season - a game that I and 25000 others had turned up to watch, paying plenty for the privelege.  To me, that is indefensible - when a player even admits to not putting his all into the game, surely he should be got rid of, rather than lauded as ''our best player'' - whoever he is.

[quote user="C.T"]

How can you compare Chadwick to Etuhu? Chadwick is a winger and Etooooohoooooooo is a midfielder :S

[/quote]

He can also play in midfield, behind the  front two.I seem to remember him playing very well in this role, a few years ago, mind.

He may not be ideal, but just how ideal is Etuhu?

Following on from this, something else that occurs to me is: just how ideal does PG think Etuhu is? I mean , really? if you want to flog a player, do you slag him off? Or say how vital he is to your plans, & how you couldn''t possibly let him go ... well., not for less than ...

Hmmmm

Arthur Whittle wrote:

Give me one bloody good reason why we should feel optimistic about the way the board have let our best players walk from this club without replaceing them [ and dont say transfer period is not over, for god sake who would really want to come here now?]

----

You can not replace someone who hasn''t left and so the board are neither weak or lacking ambition.

If a player (who many have slated and some even offered to pay to leave the club) wants to go to a premiership side, then there will be little the club can do to stop them.

Every player will leave C.R. Shall I be the first to post that the board are lacking ambition because [insert players name] is going to join a different club?

Huckerby might sound pissed off that some players might be leaving, but he has already said that he will only sign 1 season extension to his contract due to his performance quality and not due to the [lack] of ambition from the club.

Maybe with such low expectations, then we might be pleasantly surprised at how the season pans out. last season everyone expected us to promoted automatically and it seems as though some dont think we will even have a team to field at the start of this season!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

The board look like a rabbit frozen in the headlights.

If they are not up to the job move over and let somebody with some ambition take over.

Smudger and Cluck must be laughing in their beer because most of us have ridiculed their predictions which are now coming true in spades.

[/quote]

I am laughing yes RICARDO, because if I didn''t laugh then I would have to cry!!! [:''(]

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to be proved right... it will only give me pleasure to see that the fans start standing up for themselves and demanding that changes are made.

That is the only thing that will turn this football club around mate... 

I am pleased that it appears that many of those that have been hoodwinked are now starting to open their eyes a little... but it will take a lot more than that to see the wind of change blow through Carrow Road!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ohh and while we are on the subject... Did Dickson have a dental problem on saturday? I personally doubt it. Come on all the pro Delias, its a little quiet!! I for one am seriously questioning whether to keep my season ticket and would like to know if it is possible to get a refund before the season starts. I cant stand the thought of the club taking advantage of my loyalty again by selling our better players after so many renewels.[/quote]

Go get a refund then Arthur... and get another letter in the Evening News stating why you have asked for a refund.

Don''t go about things half-hearted mate!!!  [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Yep and Munbys Orange & Black... how cruel!!!  [6]

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Arto , you are a lovely old boy  such a sweet thing , but best players ? where were you looking Arto ? mark my words we will be giving it a real go this season , lets see how far i am out shall we . [;)] arrdee.

[/quote]

Yeah those of us with any sense will be having a REAL GO at Delia until she packs her bags and heads off back down to the @rse end of East Anglia in Suffolk!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Phatcanary9"][quote user="Steven Smart"]

[/quote]

Hucks is just saying what most fans of this club want the board to hear, how can we all pull together when we keep being stabbed in the back by the board.

[/quote]

Yeah too right... Hucks has some BALLS!!!

Maybe you fancy joining us outside the main stand asking Delia & Co what they have done with all the money Darren???  [:D]

You are a [*] mate!!! 

Oh my god - we have players that other clubs want to sign!We must Sack the Board now - get a new board in that will get players that no other club wants.  Oh, wait....  we tried that (Robinson, Thorne) it didn''t work very well.

Isn''t having good players a good thing - we haven''t actually sold them yet.

[quote user="7rew"]Oh my god - we have players that other clubs want to sign!

We must Sack the Board now - get a new board in that will get players that no other club wants.  Oh, wait....  we tried that (Robinson, Thorne) it didn''t work very well.

Isn''t having good players a good thing - we haven''t actually sold them yet.
[/quote]

No wonder you have a doughnut for your avator 7rew!!!  [:D]

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Hmmmm

[/quote]

Chadwicks a winger and Etuhu is a centre mid.