Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

So, where's Dave Striker?

This could be a clue:

Útočník David Střihavka vyráží v úterý jednat do Norwiche

Útočník DAVID STŘIHAVKA se ocitl v hledáčku prvodivizního klubu Norwich City FC a v úterý vyrazí do Anglie k jednání s potencionálním zájemcem o jeho služby. Ve středu by tak mohlo být jasno, zda nadcházející sezónu stráví v Ostravě, nebo jej skutečně získá účastník druhé nejvyšší anglické soutěže.

„V pondělí po poledni došlo k rozhodnutí, že poletím jednat do Norwiche," prozradil našemu webu David Střihavka s tím, že se tentokrát nejedná o zkoušku jako v zimě ve Watfordu. Tam odehrál dokonce i jedno přípravné utkání, ve kterém sice vstřelil dvě branky, ovšem nakonec z přestupu sešlo. „Na testy už bych nejel. Tentokrát je to vše spíš věc jednání," dodal.

Střihavka má tak jako řada jiných hráčů ve své profesionální smlouvě klauzuli, díky které se může po složení určité částky přestoupit bez svolení klubu. „Zatím jsem ale ještě opravdu nikam neodešel. Hovořil jsem i s trenérem Večeřou, protože jsem chtěl znát také jeho názor na věc. Uvidíme, jak to nakonec v Anglii dopadne," dodal David Střihavka.

Sadly I have no idea... Anyone else?

Latest news on that is:"...while Czech striker David Strihavka has also

been tipped to join City from Banik Ostrava..."
Personally I think its a done deal, more importantly is we really need a center back.

I think he was supposed to show up at Carrow today for the grand tour... Grant said yesterday that he hoped to have another press conference today (wednesday) and the day after that so hopefully he will sign tomorrow

internet translation:

Útoník David Stihavka manufacture within Tuesday use up Norwiche Útoník

DAVID STIHAVKA to ocitl within he''s wanted prvodivizního club Norwich

City FC plus within Tuesday jumped up England make for negotiation with

potential the parties concerned within his services. Under stedu by now

might subsist serenely , whether nadcházející season absorbing within

Annoyances , or him act acquisitions úastník species supreme English

confluence. „V mondays about noons došlo make for arrangements , that

shoot use up Norwiche, " tell abroad our webu David Stihavka

therewithal , that to this once uneatable within try like within zim

under Watfordu. About stave off even as well as mono pípravné

engagement , under kterém else vstelil dv wickets , of course nakonec

out of motley tread down. „Na test already bych uneatable. This once

them what everything rather vc negotiation dodal. Stihavka has now like

ada another acts under své workmanlike agreement clause , due to které

to mže about surrender urité ástky pestoupit without sufferance club.

„Zatím jsem however stilly yea nowher neodešel. Talk jsem as well as

with trainer Veeou , seeing jsem chtl read too his attitude to vc.

Uvidíme , how so nakonec within Anglii go dodal David Stihavka.

I think this means.

Means he was due here on tuesday

Transfer going ahead smoothly.

Annoyances in contract to delt with

[quote user="7rew"]Annoyances in contract to delt with[/quote]I saw the word ''annoyances'' in there too, but it turns out that ''Ostrava'' translates as ''annoyances'' in English... according to that translator anyway. [url=http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?url=http%3A%2F%2F&type=text&text=Ostrava&from=che&to=eng]See here.[/url]

[quote user="7rew"]internet translation:

Útoník David Stihavka manufacture within Tuesday use up Norwiche Útoník DAVID STIHAVKA to ocitl within he''s wanted prvodivizního club Norwich City FC plus within Tuesday jumped up England make for negotiation with potential the parties concerned within his services. Under stedu by now might subsist serenely , whether nadcházející season absorbing within Annoyances , or him act acquisitions úastník species supreme English confluence. „V mondays about noons došlo make for arrangements , that shoot use up Norwiche, " tell abroad our webu David Stihavka therewithal , that to this once uneatable within try like within zim under Watfordu. About stave off even as well as mono pípravné engagement , under kterém else vstelil dv wickets , of course nakonec out of motley tread down. „Na test already bych uneatable. This once them what everything rather vc negotiation dodal. Stihavka has now like ada another acts under své workmanlike agreement clause , due to které to mže about surrender urité ástky pestoupit without sufferance club. „Zatím jsem however stilly yea nowher neodešel. Talk jsem as well as with trainer Veeou , seeing jsem chtl read too his attitude to vc. Uvidíme , how so nakonec within Anglii go dodal David Stihavka.

I think this means.
Means he was due here on tuesday
Transfer going ahead smoothly.
Annoyances in contract to delt with

[/quote]

Thank you for translating the translation 7rew [Y]

I''m still not sure if I''m any the wiser though... [:P]

This is an article from a couple of days ago. Wouldn''t take too much notice of it now.

It said that he was due here for talks on Tuesday, it wasn''t for a trial, but to try to arrange a deal.

He''s spoken to his manager about the possible move, and he''ll see how the negotiations go.

Anyway, that''s old news as I understand he was at the club yesterday. Just wondered if anyone else knows anything?

Maybe PG is doing a Press Conference per day per player?

Not heard whether he has actually signed or not but my brother had a business meeting yesterday in the same hotel as Bryan Gunn was chatting away to our Czech friend and his agent so it does sound like things are in the pipeline.  Unfortunately my brother was discussing the finer points of pharmacuticals rather than evesdropping on their conversation like he should have been.

I''ve heard he''ll be signing tomorrow or Thursday, remember he needs to re-locate to England, it''s not just about the football....

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I''ve heard he''ll be signing tomorrow or Thursday, remember he needs to re-locate to England, it''s not just about the football....[/quote]

Where did you here this Tom?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I''ve heard he''ll be signing tomorrow or Thursday, remember he needs to re-locate to England, it''s not just about the football....[/quote]

Tomorrow is thursday!

So, thursday it is then!

Translation of Czech article  "David Střihavka agrees terms with Norwich; now it''s up to the clubs"

Tired but happy, striker DAVID STŘIHAVKA is back from his visit to English club Norwich City FC. On Wednesday morning he agreed a four-year contract with the English Championship club - now it''s up to the clubs to agree.

"We have been informed that David has agreed terms with the club. Now we need to come to an agreement with Norwich ourselves," said Baník chairman Jakub Kahoun. The club''s top scorer last season has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a certain sum is paid, meaning that everything now depends on what the English club has to offer.

Střihavka himself was yesterday struggling against fatigue. "I''m shattered, it was a real marathon. I flew into London on Tuesday morning, then travelled up to Norwich and had a medical that seemed to go on for ever. I got to the hotel at two in the morning and we were still discussing a possible contract at three," said David Střihavka of his odyssey.

When he woke up the next morning, he was convinced that he would be going home empty-handed. But that day everything changed. "When I got to the stadium, it all fell into place: a fantastic, 26,000-capacity arena, wonderful surroundings and pleasant people who lived up to my expectations. I spoke to the manager, who had been assistant manager at West Ham, they told me they''d bought two lads and a goalkeeper from Celtic and that they wanted promotion to the Premier League. It was too good to refuse," he said.

As he himself acknowledged, if the offer had come from Belgium, Greece or a somewhere similar, he would be staying at Baník. "It looks like the squad will be really strong, with Venca Svěrkoš they''ll be a real force. I felt it would have been worth staying in the league, but in the end I was swayed by the fact that the offer came from England, even if it is the second league. It''s an enormous opportunity, and I take it as a challenge. At the same time, I know what a fantastic move it was to have come to Baník in the first place. Without this club I would never have been in the position I''m in now," added last season''s 13-time scorer.

Now, he feels relieved more than anything. "A weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that everything going on around me has been sorted out and I can just concentrate on football. In England I''m sure I''ll be able to learn a lot, including an even more professional approach to football. I''m not worried about the language, I already speak a little English and I''m sure I''ll soon get used to it," said David Střihavka. He was also clear about his immediate plans: "I''ll still have to put in an appearance at Ostrava, but on Monday I have to report for training at Norwich. Then in a week we go on a training camp in the Netherlands. And then it all starts."

[quote user="Billy I was never Signing for Norwich Sharp"]

Translation of Czech article  "David Střihavka agrees terms with Norwich; now it''s up to the clubs"

Tired but happy, striker DAVID STŘIHAVKA is back from his visit to English club Norwich City FC. On Wednesday morning he agreed a four-year contract with the English Championship club - now it''s up to the clubs to agree.

"We have been informed that David has agreed terms with the club. Now we need to come to an agreement with Norwich ourselves," said Baník chairman Jakub Kahoun. The club''s top scorer last season has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a certain sum is paid, meaning that everything now depends on what the English club has to offer.

Střihavka himself was yesterday struggling against fatigue. "I''m shattered, it was a real marathon. I flew into London on Tuesday morning, then travelled up to Norwich and had a medical that seemed to go on for ever. I got to the hotel at two in the morning and we were still discussing a possible contract at three," said David Střihavka of his odyssey.

When he woke up the next morning, he was convinced that he would be going home empty-handed. But that day everything changed. "When I got to the stadium, it all fell into place: a fantastic, 26,000-capacity arena, wonderful surroundings and pleasant people who lived up to my expectations. I spoke to the manager, who had been assistant manager at West Ham, they told me they''d bought two lads and a goalkeeper from Celtic and that they wanted promotion to the Premier League. It was too good to refuse," he said.

As he himself acknowledged, if the offer had come from Belgium, Greece or a somewhere similar, he would be staying at Baník. "It looks like the squad will be really strong, with Venca Svěrkoš they''ll be a real force. I felt it would have been worth staying in the league, but in the end I was swayed by the fact that the offer came from England, even if it is the second league. It''s an enormous opportunity, and I take it as a challenge. At the same time, I know what a fantastic move it was to have come to Baník in the first place. Without this club I would never have been in the position I''m in now," added last season''s 13-time scorer.

Now, he feels relieved more than anything. "A weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that everything going on around me has been sorted out and I can just concentrate on football. In England I''m sure I''ll be able to learn a lot, including an even more professional approach to football. I''m not worried about the language, I already speak a little English and I''m sure I''ll soon get used to it," said David Střihavka. He was also clear about his immediate plans: "I''ll still have to put in an appearance at Ostrava, but on Monday I have to report for training at Norwich. Then in a week we go on a training camp in the Netherlands. And then it all starts."

[/quote]

I was about to ask for the following new article to be translated for me, but you''ve already done it Billy. Excellent work!

Here is the new article I presume (in Czech of course):

Davis Střihavka se dohodl s Norwichem, teď je řada na klubech

Unavený, ale šťastný se vrátil z krátkého pobytu v anglickém klubu Norwich City FC útočník DAVID STŘIHAVKA. Ve středu ráno se už definitivně dohodl s týmem anglické 1. divize na čtyřletém kontraktu, teď se čeká na dohodu k¨mezi kluby.

„Dostali jsme informaci, že David se opravdu dohodl s klubem, teď potřebujeme s Norwichem najít společnou řeč my," konstatoval předseda představenstva Baníku Jakub Kahoun. Nejlepší klubový střelec klubu loňské sezóny má v kontraktu obvyklou klauzuli, že po zaplacení určité částky může odejít, a tak teď záleží na nabídce Angličanů.

Samotný Střihavka včera večer těžko bojoval s únavou. „Jsem úplně hotový, byl to obrovský zápřah. Já přiletěl do Londýna v úterý ráno, pak se přesunul do Norwiche a následovala nekonečná lékařská prohlídka. Na hotel jsem se dostal ve dvě ráno a ještě do tří jsme jednali o možné smlouvě," popisoval anabázi David Střihavka.

Když se ráno probudil, byl přesvědčen, že se vrátí domů s nepořízenou. Jenže druhý den vše změnil. „Když jsem přijel na stadion, zlomilo se to. Nádherný kotel pro šestadvacet tisíc lidí, úžasné prostředí, příjemní lidé. Splnili, co jsem žádal. Mluvil jsem s koučem, který předtím dělal asistenta ve West Hamu, oznámili mi, že koupili dva kluky a brankáře ze Celticu Glasgow a že chtějí hrát o postup do Premier League. To nešlo odmítnout," řekl.

Jak sám přiznal, kdyby šlo o nabídku z Belgie, Řecka a podobných zemí, zůstal by ještě dál v Baníku. „Vypadá to, že kádr bude moc silný, s Vencou Svěrkošem to bude ohromná síla. Já cítil, že by šlo něco v lize dokázat, ale nakonec rozhodlo, že nabídka přišla z Anglie, byť ze druhé ligy. Je to obrovská šance, vnímám to jako svou výzvu. Na druhou stranu ale vím, jak úžasný krok jsem udělal předtím přestupem do Baníku. Bez toho klubu bych nikdy nebyl v pozici, v jaké jsem teď," uvedl autor 13 loňských gólů.

Teď pocítil hlavně úlevu. „Spadl mi kámen ze srdce, že to všechno kolem mě skončilo a mohu se soustředit jen na fotbal. V Anglii se můžu určitě hodně naučit, třeba i ještě víc profesionálnějšímu přístupu k fotbalu. Řeči se nebojím, něco už anglicky umím a snad si brzy zvyknu," poznamenal David Střihavka. Měl i jasno o dalším programu: „Ještě bych se měl objevit v Ostravě, ale v pondělí se už mám hlásit na tréninku v Norwichi. Za týden pak jedeme na soustředění do Nizozemska. A pak už to začne."

Quite. I have to say, I cannot wait for Dave the Striker to be a City player. Him and Brellier could become cult heroes.

Mind you, I still think Ulf Ottosson was a cult hero, so maybe I''m not the best judge...

Sounds about right to me....

I read somewhere (maybe in Iawn or Gunny''s autobiographys) that Norwich have the most comprehensive medicals. Whoever it was said that usually it''s an hour or so, but the Norwich medical lasted 5 hours! Good to know they''re doing things properly in that sense.

Anyway, that little line makes me think that a) the translation is spot on (thanks for that) and b) this is probably a done deal...

Just waiting for the press conference to be announced!

Woo hoo, I haven''t been this excited about a pre-season in years!!