Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

how i think we might line up next season.

with the new signings it begs the question of who will be dropped to accomadate them, will we play 4-4-2.

I have had a think and with the new players we could get away with 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2) depending on your point of view.

Marshall

Shacks                     Dion               Drury   

Semmy                                                                                       Lappin

Brellier

Eboohoo                    

Hucks

Strihavka              Cureton

we have the defensive 3 with semmy and lappin bombing forward as wing backs and getting back to help out the defence. With Brellier patrolling in front of the back 3 the wing backs can come right up for the cross from the byline, it also allows hucks a free role to patrol the opposition half with no fear of having to get back.

Eboohoo will (when he can be bothered) cover box to box, and that leaves the front 2 to do what they do best.

We can easily convert to a 4-3-3 from here with hucks, Dave and Curets up front, lappin joining the midfield.

Or 4-4-2 with either croft or chadwick on the bench to come on the right hand side.

thoughts?

jas :)

-------------------------------------------------Marshall-------------------------------------------------

Semmy--------------------------------Shackell-----------Dublin-----------------------------------Drury

--------------------------------------------------Brellier---------------------------------------------------

Chadwick/Croft------------------------------Etuhu/Safri/Fothy----------------------------------Hucks/Lappin

-----------------------------Cureton/Martin-----------------Dave/Dublin/Brown--------------------------------

from that i still think we need another defender, and possibly a striker, or a youth team player with bundles of pace.

[quote user="ryan85k"]Five Right wingers then Jas?[/quote]

where have i put any right wingers in that line up? Lappin plays on the left.

Read what i have said again.

That''s awful, quite simply wouldn''t work.

At home we''ll go like this:

4-4-2

Marshall

Otsemobor
Doherty/Dublin
Shackell
Drury

Chadwick
Safri/Brellier
Etuhu
Huckerby

Strihavka/Dublin/Brown
Cureton/Martin/Jarvis

Away from home will be much the same, but for the trickier games expect to see:

4-5-1

Marshall

Otsemobor
Doherty/Dublin
Shackell
Drury

Chadwick
Safri/Croft
Brellier
Etuhu
Huckerby

Strihavka/Cureton/Dublin

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ryan85k"]Five Right wingers then Jas?[/quote]

where have i put any right wingers in that line up? Lappin plays on the left.

Read what i have said again.

[/quote]

The alignment on the page is wrong jas. If you look at it everyone is down the right except poor lappin.

4-3-2-1

Marshall

Semmy                        Shack/Doc                          New CB                     Drury

Brellier                     Etuhu                     Safri

Cureton                        Hucks

Dave/Dion/Brown

-------------------------------------------------Marshall-------------------------------------

Semmy--------------------------------Shackell-----------Dublin-----------------------------------Drury

--------------------------------------------------Brellier------------------------------------

Chadwick/Croft------------------------------Etuhu/Safri/Fothy----------------------------------Hucks/Lappin

-----------------------------Cureton/Martin-----------------Dave/Dublin/Brown--------------------------------

from that i still think we need another defender, and possibly a striker, or a youth team player with bundles of pace.

sorry the last formation didnt come off properly.

Surely it has to be               

Simon Tracey

Andy Hughes                           Steve Walsh                        Brian McGovern                                        Fernando Derveld

Paul Dalglish                                 Garry Brady              Des Hamilton                         Raymond De Waard      

Dean Coney       Tony Cottee

Subs - Ged Brannon, Adrian Coote, Pape Diop, Neil Emblem and Pitshou Ngopwani                              

I''d be tempted into a 3-5-2 for games where we need to win the midfield battle

Marshall

Drury - Shackell or Dublin - Semmy

........................Brellier

Huckerby - Etuhu - Safri / Marney - Chadwick

Dave The Striker - Cureton

If 4-4-2...

Marshall

Drury - Shackell - Dublin - Semmy

........................Brellier

Huckerby - Etuhu - Safri / Marney - Chadwick

Dave The Striker - Cureton