Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Enough about Marshall already!!

I don''t know if it''s the Pinkun doing it''s familiar thing of writing 15 articles about the same thing from one press conference, but for goodness, sake, lets leave the guy alone shall we?Marshall is key, Marshall can be a city legend, Marshall can rule the world, Marshall can be city''s top scorer...

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

How about "Marshall wants SOB to be given a brand new shiny yellow plastic seat"?

[/quote]

I would rather SOB be given a nice new shiny yellow plastic seat than us sign this non-entity from the Czech Republic!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

How about "Marshall wants SOB to be given a brand new shiny yellow plastic seat"?

[/quote]

I know what you mean!! i had bird poo on mine for the last 3 home games, the steward just laffed and said, "can u sit down plz!!"

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

I would rather SOB be given a nice new shiny yellow plastic seat than us sign this non-entity from the Czech Republic!!!

[/quote]

Do you mean the comically named Dave the Striker who averaged almost a goal every two games in the Czech top flight last season?

Thought so. [:D]

Courtesy of the Smudger Scouting Network - where it''s scouts have no footballing knowledge whatsoever, but are LOUD and IRRITATING enough that you have to listen to them. (even if just to chuckle at them)

it''s amazing how manyy "non-entities" make it in the football world, let''s hope this one does too.

Good to to see the usual suspects as optamistic as usual.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you mean the comically named Dave the Striker who averaged almost a goal every two games in the Czech top flight last season?

[/quote]

whats his record like before that, and the standard of the Czech league is?. All their best players play abroad cant get away quick enough.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

whats his record like before that, and the standard of the Czech league is?. All their best players play abroad cant get away quick enough.

[/quote]

Really? I didn''t know that.

As far as I know, he only played a few games before that as far as I know, and only scored a couple of goals. But I''m open to correction.

The Czech top flight is better than the SPL, but not including the Old Firm.

I''m looking forward to seeing him play.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Sorry Rick, I read this wrong before.

I would say it''s because of the money, the challenge and the opportunity. The same reason so many players from France, Spain, Ghana, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greece, Hungary, Poland, the Netherlands, Jamaica, Australia, Norway, Portugal, Argentina, Croatia, Scotland, Ireland, Wales etc all flock to England.

There will be good and bad players from all of these countries. We just have to wait and see if our one is any good.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

I would say it''s because of the money, the challenge and the opportunity. The same reason so many players from France, Spain, Ghana, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greece, Hungary, Poland, the Netherlands, Jamaica, Australia, Norway, Portugal, Argentina, Croatia, Scotland, Ireland, Wales etc all flock to England.

There will be good and bad players from all of these countries. We just have to wait and see if our one is any good.

[/quote]

my point exactly, whatever the reason their league is weakened by all the best players and is very mediocre, so tell me you guys would not have prefered Eastwood, apparently we did not even try. I bet 50 pounds now for charity, he will end up scoring more goals than Dave the striker.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

my point exactly, whatever the reason their league is weakened by all the best players and is very mediocre, so tell me you guys would not have prefered Eastwood, apparently we did not even try. I bet 50 pounds now for charity, he will end up scoring more goals than Dave the striker.

[/quote]

Excellent bet Ricky, I''ll take it (for some fun). £50 for charity depending on whether Eastwood or Dave score more goals, shall we say in all competitions, next season? I might lose, but at least the charity of our choice will win. Done?

I honestly believe Grant was interested in Freddie and I think some kidology came in when he said we never made any contact. I think Earnie leaving forced PG''s hand slightly. (nb Eastwood missed a few games last season) Whereas Freddie can create a piece of magic, Jamie Cureton really needs a big man to play off. So I think in the end we have brought - potentially - the right people in.

It was a lot of money for both Sharp and Freddie, but then they are both talented players. It''ll be interesting to see how they do at their new clubs next season.

If we both agree some of the foreign leagues are of a lesser standard because their best players are leaving for pastures new, that makes Dave one of their best players. And, unlike Ulf Ottosson or Raymond De Waard, someone we''ve actually spent some time watching before making a move.

It''ll be fun Ricky [:D]

[/quote]

But Ricky surely it wasn''t a case of Dave the Striker or Eastwood. The way I look at it we signed Cureton rather than Eastwood. Cureton''s best performances have come alongside a big striker, therefore we sign Dave. Simple really.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

But Ricky surely it wasn''t a case of Dave the Striker or Eastwood. The way I look at it we signed Cureton rather than Eastwood. Cureton''s best performances have come alongside a big striker, therefore we sign Dave. Simple really.

[/quote]Oo, is this another bet i see before me? Sounds like a good one - Eastwood to score more than Dave. I think i''m with Ricky on that. Dave, if we get him, is going to be Cureton''s foil and support rather than an all out 15-20 goal a season striker. I''m hoping Cureton gets 20+ and Dave gets 10 or so. Eastwood probably somewhere between the two.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

with a bit of bottle we could have got Cureton and Eastwood, thats my point, we got cureton to replace Earnie not instead of Eastwood, Dave the Striker is our usual cheap alternative. So are you saying Eastwood and Cureton could not play together.

how does that work out?

they wanted eastwood 4 around 3 million! which is over 3 times the ammount they wanted for the czech striker! - leaving us money 4 other players... so who cares how many more eastwood scores than the czech guy as long as the czech guy scores enough ... i personally would prefer the risk 2 go 4 the czech striker as it still leaves us money, buy get eastwood for 3 million and he turns out to do nothing at the club... its 3 million wasted!

[/quote]

Steen Nedergaard who is he??

It will all come down to Grant''s judgement.  George Burley has done well in recent years pickiung up bargains from overseas.  Lets hope Grant has done the same with this young player.  Every player has to start somewhere.

If Grant is wrong and we do poorly, hopefully the board will sack him and give another man the chance to run the club.  Until then I am willing to trust his judgement.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

how does that work out?

they wanted eastwood 4 around 3 million! which is over 3 times the ammount they wanted for the czech striker! - leaving us money 4 other players... so who cares how many more eastwood scores than the czech guy as long as the czech guy scores enough ... i personally would prefer the risk 2 go 4 the czech striker as it still leaves us money, buy get eastwood for 3 million and he turns out to do nothing at the club... its 3 million wasted!

[/quote]

I think you will find he was 2 mill.which is not alot in todays market, only if you are NCFC.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

with a bit of bottle we could have got Cureton and Eastwood, thats my point, we got cureton to replace Earnie not instead of Eastwood, Dave the Striker is our usual cheap alternative. So are you saying Eastwood and Cureton could not play together.

[/quote]

Possibly not, but I definately don''t think that Eastwood, Cureton and Hucks could play in the same team.

Whatever way you look at it Cureton has always looked best next to a big striker, so the real test will not be who scores the most goals out of Dave the Striker or Eastwood but which partnership scores the most IMO.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

how does that work out?

[/quote]

I think you will find he was 2 mill.which is not alot in todays market, only if you are NCFC.

[/quote]

But why the hell should we pay even £2m for someone who only scored one league goal between January and May?? It just doesn''t make any sense, but then again the transfer market rarely does these days, does it?