Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Undisclosed fees - Why?

Practical question. Why are so many clubs (it''s not just us) not disclosing the transfer fees they pay?

Obviously there is the fan issue. The selling club may not want to publicise the fact that they didn''t get the original value they asked for. Likewise, the buying club may not want their fans to think they have paid over the odds.

But are there other reasons why? Are there financial or tax incentives in not declaring a transfer fee?

Does anyone know? 

i think it is mainly the fans, we wouldn''t be to happy if we found out that we had spent around 1Mill on Cureton would we when we could get Eastwood for 2

I think its the endless transfer fee arguements on the internet:If the buying club sites the full cost (inc fees) the selling club then got slated for not reinvesting all of it.If they don''t include all the fees the buying club get slated as cheap skates.That coupled with how complicated the transfer payments are likely to be, its better for both clubs if no one know the actual fee.  On a side note: I notice that the pink''un has transfer fees listed for Marshall and Cureton. these were undisclosed - where did the data come from or is it speculation/rumour?

I think it''s basically so other clubs don''t have any clue as to how much money we have available therefore if we attempt to buy someone, we won''t get held to ransom quite as much. Obviously if we admit to offering £3m for a player which is unsuccessful, the next club we approach to buy their player will know we have at least that much money and might hold out for more than he''s worth. It is annoying but it is probably in our best interests to keep these fees quiet.

Agreed Canaryjock - even if the transfer fees were published, there would still be hidden fees that would relate to the purchase, but not be shown.  Don''t you just wish that Scunthorpe had kept quiet about Sharp''s fee ? [:)]

Do you realy need to ask that question mbncfc?

I would of thought that the answer to it was quite obvious???  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

He he... [:D]

Indeed. No, the reason I asked was I thought I''d seen on here some time in the past a post stating clubs would leave fees undisclosed because of possible tax or financial accounting advantages.

Seems like it''s just the classic transfer merry-go-round of secrecy instead. All good.

Sorry to the conspiracy theorists out there - It''s nothing to do with the so-called great fan swindle I''m afraid.

If a club is a private or public company it means there’s implications on declaring fee’s, and if you actually have to.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

....is it so that you can moan about it?Stick out tongue [:P]