Sign in to follow this  
Dowp End

Hughes ?

Well now should he stay or should he go ?I personally think he is a good squad player with a good engine albeit deisel but one who gives it his all !Stay or Go ?

Simple really.

GO!!!

Leeds need a new midfielder, after losing Nicholls to Preston....there you go.

Keep him. Versatile and one of PG''s favourites. We need a biggish squad to compete in case we get injuries and he can play anywhere (kind of!)

Stay without a doubt.  A good team player and exactly what we need in our squad.

Clap, clap, clap clap clap clap clap, Hooz

We need Hughes as much as we need Brown. Saw teletext tonite and got excited when it said "Hughes sold"-only to find that it was Leicester''s Stephen Hughes.

I predicted the Earnshaw sale when I read the small print in the Annual Report and Accounts and posted my prediction on this forum.

Hughes has to stay, we neeed squad players and he can cover at the back and in midfield, did pretty well at right back last season and if jurgen goes then we need right back cover for otsmo thingy, plus plays with his heart on his sleeve to make up for his rubbish passing 

How can he go? The only people with the judgement skills to sign him are Worthington and Wise and Leeds aren''t allowed to buy anyone until their administration issues are resolved.

Sorry but he''s staying put!

I can''t make up mind on this one, Andy''s one of my favourite players but I realise he does have ''certain'' traites. If he stays, great, a good squad player, but if he goes, then I wish him well.

Go - the fact that he can make dreadful mistakes, and thus make the others have "half an eye" on being ready to cover for him means that they perform less well than they might.He is a good man, committed to the cause (- if only one or two more skilful players were half as committed!), but he is unreliable through being out of position or giving the ball away. So he is something of a liability, and being able to play in  any position does not compensate.His skill levels, and his energy, probably equip him better for the lower divisions, where his mistakes will not be so fatal for his team.If we can get a transfer fee now, however small, this is surely better for us than losing him on  Bosman next year.

We should change his contract from ''player'' to ''supporter''.

He''s great with the non-stop clapping lark, would be our no.1 fan fo'' sure!

He did make a contribution by filling in at various positions last season. But the fact that such a limited payer is involved in our first team at all, says a lot about how good the first team is. 

I think Andy Hughes now symbolises far more than he actually consists of.

He will always be a reminder of how we wasted our parachute payment opportunities, along with Worthy''s recent failures and infighting between (and fighting with!) the fans.

He probably is a useful guy to have around. But I honestly believe it would benefit everyone if he went to Leeds and left this club.

I would say keep him as experienced cover for Otsemobor, loan Cave-Brown out to another Championship/League One club and then maybe sell Hughes in the summer of next year. After then, Cave-Brown should be ready to stake his claim for the right-back slot.

get rid of him we need players with ability in this league if we are to stand any chance of getting out of it he is constantly giving the ball away and i always feel very uneasy at games whilst he has the ball at his feet .Any way i would have thought brellier(sp) was a much better player in the midfeild

I would let him go. He clearly isn''t going to play in centre mid anymore as Lappin, Spillane and even Doc where preferred to him in that position last year. Whilst he did OK at right back he was well and truly skinned in more than one game (notably Luton away). If we can get a fee (£2/300K has been mentioned) then we should say thank you very much. The money can be used to bring in a younger, better player - Dixon from Dundee?