Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Miles

WE MUST PROTEST! NOW!

WE MUST PROTEST! NOW!

WHAT?!

Come on people, get real. We are a club in a transition at the moment and I for one think that Grant is handling it very well. He is recieving finance and support from a board prepared to set a transfer budget, and allow Grant to top it up by selling any players he chooses (or not in the case of earnshaw!) - without taking a slice of the income. What more could you want?

Worthington made some mistakes in his reign which I think has turned many people against the board and just anti-club altogether. He didn''t spend wisely at all (Helveg and co must have cost a fair bit) and never really addressed cover for the areas we required. However, without tight financial restraints in these days of football, it is too easy to ''do a leeds united'' or, perhaps an ipswich - be plunged millions into the red without a hope in sight - other than praying a cash rich, but passion poor  foriegn investor comes knocking.

Money is being spent - on players that our manager wants. We have a manager now that at least seems to be actively hunting players from all backgrounds, I haven''t found a summer transfer season this interesting in years!!

Have a bit of belief, and lets all hope Grant gets the pieces together for the start of the season.

It''s your right to vent your anger on this site (as I am!), but lets stop all this protest nonsense, its not good for morale, especially when the club doesn''t seem to be putting a foot wrong at the moment, However if you chose to protest and boycott any games, can you let me know so I can buy your ticket? I never seem able to get one anymore!!

OTBC

Well said. The board seem to be letting PG spend money on players he wants. People will winge that we didnt cough up for Eastwood but dont forget that Jamie Cureton scored more goals last year. Is a player who costs £2m better than a player that costs £500k??. The price tag does not make him a better player. Look at the Irish boys at Reading ! Cost a few Euros and cant stop scoring......however, Emile Heskey has cost clubs millions and couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"]Well said. The board seem to be letting PG spend money on players he wants. People will winge that we didnt cough up for Eastwood but dont forget that Jamie Cureton scored more goals last year. Is a player who costs £2m better than a player that costs £500k??. The price tag does not make him a better player. Look at the Irish boys at Reading ! Cost a few Euros and cant stop scoring......however, Emile Heskey has cost clubs millions and couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo.[/quote]

Whilst I welcome JC back, the trouble is that in two years time he will not be worth a penny. If PG felt that Eastwood was a worthwhile target and a player with a "future" then we should have splashed a bit of extra cash and got him three weeks ago before Wolves got their act together. If he does continue to improve his value would rise and we would be able to make a profit on him in a couple of years should we not get promoted ourselves. The cheapest option is not neccessarily the best value.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"]Well said. The board seem to be letting PG spend money on players he wants. People will winge that we didnt cough up for Eastwood but dont forget that Jamie Cureton scored more goals last year. Is a player who costs £2m better than a player that costs £500k??. The price tag does not make him a better player. Look at the Irish boys at Reading ! Cost a few Euros and cant stop scoring......however, Emile Heskey has cost clubs millions and couldn''t hit a cows arse with a banjo.[/quote]

hey, you have no right to judge until you have tried hitting a cows arse with a banjo! it might be harder than it sounds!

[quote]

hey, you have no right to judge until you have tried hitting a cows arse with a banjo! it might be harder than it sounds!

[/quote]Cows get very nervous when you stand behind them, in my experience.  Especially when waving string instruments around.  The sound that hitting a cows arse with a banjo makes is somewhat disappointing.

It is....particularly once those RSPCA inspectors have your details on their offenders list!!!

Absolutely brilliant replies. Had me and the wife in stitches. Must go now, got to spank her with a tambourine.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I once hit a cows arse with a saxophone - wasn''t the same at all. But then I didn''t have a banjo handy at the time. And I was abit bored.

Why are you all looking at me funny?!

[/quote]

You should''ve placed the mouthpiece of the sax in the cows arsehole - I did that once in a field near Felbrigg Hall and it actually played the break in Gerry Rafferty''s Baker Street.

I''ve stayed clear of the wild mushrooms ever since. 

Its illegal to spank your wife with a tambourine unlees its within 2 days of the autumn equinox and you live in Barking.