Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Imposter - Who is the bravest?

Have you ever sat proudly sporting your NCFC shirt while sitting with the opposition fans.  Either in the away end at Carrow Road or with the home fans at their ground, which stand were you in?

Who is the bravest/most mental?

I''ll start this off, neither particularly brave nor mental. 

Newcastle - St. James'' Park in the Sir John Hall Stand.

at away games with norwich and england ive sat in the home ends many times and cheered them on but i never wear a shirt to games home or away.

I was at an away match at Hillsborough for an FA Cup tie against Wednesday in one of the home stands, as a mate of mine was a Wednesday fan, and got the tickets.  I was told that if the stewards knew I was an away fan, they''d kick me out.  Naturally I kept very quiet when we scored a consolation goal, we were four down by then.  Oh and the woman 2 people down from me had breath that smelled of about 16 hard-boiled eggs.  A miserable day all round.

Hah, great topic.  My favourite has got to be me, my uncle and my dad in the Scum''s North Stand a few years back.

I have been :

1. In the away end at Carrow Road for the Preston game during our promotion season (although I''m not really sure this counts - there were dozens of us in there - anyone remember Dirty Lyle who used to post on here?  I sat with him!)
  2. in the home end at Crewe that same season - with colours prominently displayed.

I sat in the home stand, city scarf and all, at pride park for derby vs norwich. no one seemed to care, every  single chant was about forest!

Going to Scum when I was about 11 or so, screaming aload when we scored then remembering I was with Scummers and in there end and getting booted out by the over zealous barstewards, far too young to be booted out I say.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

I have been :

1. In the away end at Carrow Road for the Preston game during our promotion season (although I''m not really sure this counts - there were dozens of us in there - anyone remember Dirty Lyle who used to post on here?  I sat with him!)

2. in the home end at Crewe that same season - with colours prominently displayed.

[/quote]

It does count Temp, I was in there too along with about five assorted friends and family.....

Also at that fateful Fulham game in the home stand (as were at least 40-50 other city fans)

Also, sshhhhhh Churhman''s and family areas of Scumsville......with a shirt.  North Stand without shirt (it was the 80s, come on I am NOT that brave).

In the home end at White Hart Lane - after being moved by the stewards due to overcrowding in the away section a group of city fans were walked around the pitch (remember those days!) and put into the home terrace!!!!   Wasn''t too bad actually - and we won, the Spurs fans were more hacked off at their team than worried about abusing us!!!

Watched us get relegated against leeds at elland road a in ''95 in the home stand. It was agonising, and i was only 7 at the time

Not sure these are brave but...

1. Directors box at Elland road when I was about 7 so 1981 ish, we won 4-0 i cheered every goal and ate a load of their vol-au-vents (yes they were prawn just not sandwiches!)

2. Milk cup final 1985 we ended up in the sunderland end as we went up to Wembley without tickets and managed to buy 2 for face value outside the ground.

3. Highbury in 1980 it was an evening kick-off i think and we were in the home stand, sitting behind us was some ignorant gooner who having clocked my hat and scarf proceeded to spend the first half going on about f**king farmers, combine harvesters etc. At half time one of the other Arsenal fans turned to this bloke and told him to watch the game and shut up. What was quite ironic is that both my dad and I were actually born a stones throw from Highbury!