Sign in to follow this  
Boogle

Just how do you protest without effecting the team?

Open to ideas, maybe Smudger is best to answer.

Im all for protesting if the aparant 4.5m left in the kitty is not spent.{ yes i know we can get decent frees but what about spending on proven talent eg missing out on Eastwood} but will only do so in a way that wont effect the team.

Ive always been backing PG and the team so any protest before a match is bound to effect the team, and would people be up for 1 after a game? Im unsure.

Is there another way of getting points across to the board { only after seeing what happens in the next few weeks } if they fail to make cash available that they have publicly promised to Grant.

As wayne gardner pointed out Grant has done well in the market without spending much so just think how well we could do if he was allowed to spend the remaining 4.5m plus? Title contenders perhaps?

yes i know there is no point spending money for the sake of it, but if its there, 4.5m well spent would make us a serious promotion contender, not all decent players are available on frees.

A boycott of a game would effect the team so smudger and co im interested to see what other ideas you have on how to protest.

I hope the team do go up this year as that would give us more publicity and possible ambitious investment. The Turners have not impressed me so far, giving a 2m LOAN is not investment.

I know Neil Doncaster cancelled his Q and A on here but its re arranged so would we be able to ask him questions without the mods editing or deleating?

I would like to welcome all our signings so far to Norwich-a fine city.

[quote user="Millo"]

I know Neil Doncaster cancelled his Q and A on

here but its re arranged so would we be able to ask him questions

without the mods editing or deleating?

[/quote]Neil Doncaster has never cancelled his Q&A on here - in fact, he''s never had one booked on pinkun.comHis Q&A is on EDP24 at the end of July, as originally scheduled. It has not been postponed from a previous date.He also did one on EDP24 quite a few years ago (although I don''t think I can link to it anymore due to changes in technology).

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Millo"]

I know Neil Doncaster cancelled his Q and A on here but its re arranged so would we be able to ask him questions without the mods editing or deleating?

[/quote]

Neil Doncaster has never cancelled his Q&A on here - in fact, he''s never had one booked on pinkun.com

His Q&A is on EDP24 at the end of July, as originally scheduled. It has not been postponed from a previous date.

He also did one on EDP24 quite a few years ago (although I don''t think I can link to it anymore due to changes in technology).
[/quote]

I clearly recall a post from the web team saying Neil Doncaster will be doing a Q&A here on june the 29th. Also Celia from the web team confirmed he would be doing one last week but didnt know the date.It also said that pinkun users could leave questions in advance. Check your archives Vince you will find the facts in black and white.

Millos not lying my man. The facts are in the archives.

[/quote]

Neil Doncaster has never cancelled his Q&A on here - in fact, he''s never had one booked on pinkun.com

His Q&A is on EDP24 at the end of July, as originally scheduled. It has not been postponed from a previous date.

He also did one on EDP24 quite a few years ago (although I don''t think I can link to it anymore due to changes in technology).
[/quote]

"It''s always been set for the end of July (July 27 according to my list). Full details in the EDP, on EDP24 and somewhere on the Pink ''Un site nearer the time. You will be able to leave questions in advance for about a week before"

Web team vince on monday.

Maybe he could do one on here if not why not? This is the archants football forum after all!

In the Chase days, one night (perhaps the night we sold Chris Sutton), my dad sent over 100 abusive faxes to the club, the later it got the more abusive they got until eventually they called him and asked him to stop. Looking back now, it was probably just a massive inconvenience to some poor receptioist, but it was funny at the time.

Go the the archives search and type in.....

web team-questions for the board

18/6/07 10.54am web team pat says " its a good idea well look into it".

19/6/07 3.53pm web team pete says "Neil Doncaster will be answering your questions in a live web chat on july 27th".

So it has always been planned for this month but why did you make out Millo was lying that he had agreed to one?

How do you arrive at £4.5m left to spend?

Does that take into the account the signings we''ve made plus their wages plus the Czech guy who I believe we''re paying £800k plus wages.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would argue that we have less than £4.5m in the kitty. I''m not sure where you''ve got that figure from, but I would assume:

We have       Â£2m Turner loan + £3.5m Earnie sale
Out              Â£800k Cureton + £1m Marshall + £750k Dave the Striker + £250k other signing on fees (guess?!)

Leaves         £2.7m approx

I would expect us to be back where we were before Earnie was sold and, providing the right players come up, would want us to spend this money on some more quality additions and replacements for anyone else leaving the squad.

As for the protesting, if change is required people will support it in strong enough numbers to force the change.

If they don''t, it simply won''t work. The majority don''t want to change, they want to see how developments this summer affect results on the pitch next season.

But that shouldn''t stop anyone expressing their views. It just stops it being a majority viewpoint.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I clearly recall a post from the web team saying Neil Doncaster will be doing a Q&A here on june the 29th. Also Celia from the web team confirmed he would be doing one last week but didnt know the date.It also said that pinkun users could leave questions in advance. Check your archives Vince you will find the facts in black and white.

Millos not lying my man. The facts are in the archives.

[/quote]

If these are posts on here Wayne, you''re more than capable of finding them yourself.

I was just trying to clear up confusion - I can''t find any reference to June.The threads I can find are:http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/960784/ShowPost.aspxhttp://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/967152/ShowPost.aspxThe first line of the first post says:"I was under the impression it was supposed to be yesterday when we got our chance to see what Doomcaster had to spin to us all."And er... it''s from Millo.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

Maybe he could do one on here if not why not? This is the archants football forum after all!

[/quote]Technically we could have it displayed on all sites, but the the EDP will get annoyed because they arranged it and the Pink ''Un is officially an edition of the Evening News.We''d like to arrange something for the pinkun.com at some point.Anyway, drifting off topic...

Drifting back on topic, I don''t see why you would want to protest at this point in time. There are new board members looking to improve how things are done, and half a team worth of new signings to settle in.What point would protesting now serve ?  Don''t you think that people haven''t learnt the lessons of the last 2 seasons ?Hasn''t the atmosphere been bad enough at Carrow Road for long enough ?

[quote user="Millo"]

Im all for protesting if the aparant 4.5m left in the kitty is not spent.{ yes i know we can get decent frees but what about spending on proven talent eg missing out on Eastwood} but will only do so in a way that wont effect the team

I hope the team do go up this year as that would give us more publicity and possible ambitious investment. The Turners have not impressed me so far, giving a 2m LOAN is not investment.

[/quote]I just wondering where you are getting 4.5 million left from - this would put the total budget at around 7 million.I believe this was the guesstimated budget and was based on selling Earnshaw for 5million - which didn''t happen.  so there goes 1.5million for a start.free transfers aren''t free, they have fees and stuff. anyway see my thread http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/970711/ShowPost.aspx  for more details on my take on the budget.The other thing is that the LOAN has historical precedent (at NCFC) for being investment - the investment fro Geoffrey Watling that removed Chase was in precisely this form.  - I believe there are tax reasons for this.

Good point blah.. And also at what point is is not good enough?  What if we save the money for a bolstering session in January, ie Grant thinks what we have is enough but keeps a contignency?  What if we dont spend the money but we are top six in January.  What if we do spend the money but miss the play-offs by one point?

we have changed the board, the manager and the squad.  For gods sake why are some of you so obsessed with protest?  This time next year if we fail, then maybe, but this season is a fresh start for everyone, so for gods sake put your ego''s and bitterness away for a while.

And if you are going to advocate protest, at least have the decency to have attended a game within living memory so you actually display a shred of credibility.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Drifting back on topic, I don''t see why you would want to protest at this point in time.

There are new board members looking to improve how things are done, and half a team worth of new signings to settle in.

What point would protesting now serve ?  Don''t you think that people haven''t learnt the lessons of the last 2 seasons ?

Hasn''t the atmosphere been bad enough at Carrow Road for long enough ?
[/quote]

Sorry, I really don''t get the point of this thread.

We''ve signed five players so far and it''s only the first week in July. One of them has the potential to be the best keeper in The Championship, one was the best RB in League 1 last year, one was the top scorer in last seasons Championship, one is a tough tackling midfielder who was loved by the fans of his previous club and the other is a highly rated young keeper who had been tracked by Premiership clubs.

Sorry to shout but......WTF ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!

Let''s at least see some of our new signings in action and wait to see how many more arrive before we start talking about protests. Pre-season is a time for dreams of the coming year, our new striker scoring in the play-off final at Wembley or ''Le Juge'' kicking lumps out of the scummers on derby day on the way to us going ''top of the league at Portman Road''.

Try it, it''s fun!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Does that take into the account the signings we''ve made plus their wages plus the Czech guy who I believe we''re paying £800k plus wages.

[/quote]

we bid 2m plus for sharp and 500,000 plus for marshall, we then had 3.5m in from earnies sale which we were told would be added to the kitty.

So that roughly makes 6-6.5m in transfer kitty if we believe the board.

we then spent around 800-900,000 on marshall and 600,000 on cureton leaving around 5m.

Take off 500,000 for signing on fees etc.

leaves 4-4.5m

Does that clear up my thinking? If in doubt please ask again.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"] I was just trying to clear up confusion - I can''t find any reference to June.

The threads I can find are:

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/960784/ShowPost.aspx

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/967152/ShowPost.aspx

The first line of the first post says:
"I was under the impression it was supposed to be yesterday when we got our chance to see what Doomcaster had to spin to us all."
And er... it''s from Millo.[/quote]

Sorry my mistake Vince-see i can admit when im wrong!

The mix up came because it was posted on a pink un thread a while back and i naturally { from the way the post was worded} assumed it would take place on the pink un site.

Apologys vince, got the month wrong.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would argue that we have less than £4.5m in the kitty. I''m not sure where you''ve got that figure from, but I would assume:

We have       Â£2m Turner loan + £3.5m Earnie sale
Out              Â£800k Cureton + £1m Marshall + £750k Dave the Striker + £250k other signing on fees (guess?!)

Leaves         £2.7m approx

I would expect us to be back where we were before Earnie was sold and, providing the right players come up, would want us to spend this money on some more quality additions and replacements for anyone else leaving the squad.

As for the protesting, if change is required people will support it in strong enough numbers to force the change.

If they don''t, it simply won''t work. The majority don''t want to change, they want to see how developments this summer affect results on the pitch next season.

But that shouldn''t stop anyone expressing their views. It just stops it being a majority viewpoint.

[/quote]

Has Dave striker signed?

[quote]Has Dave striker signed?[/quote]Dave the Striker (happy mb ? [:)]) has agreed personal terms on a 4 year contract, according to his clubs'' website and a translation by some bloke on Wrath.We haven''t agreed a fee with Banik, but it''s expected to be a formality.

[quote]

we bid 2m plus for sharp and 500,000 plus for marshall, we then had

3.5m in from earnies sale which we were told would be added to the

kitty.

we then spent around 800-900,000 on marshall and 600,000 on cureton leaving around 5m.

leaves 4-4.5m

[/quote]

The trouble is, even if the fees on most of them hadn''t been undisclosed, any guess you make would still be wildly speculative, as it wouldn''t include signing on fees, agents fees, etc.  The only people who do know aren''t telling, and the reason for that is because if all the clubs in England knew we had money to spend, their prices would go up accordingly.  Eastwood is on the last year of his contract, but Southend are still looking for 1.5 - 2 million from Wolves from him.  I wonder if they would have got him (and others) for less if they hadn''t announced their 30 million pounds available for players.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

we bid 2m plus for sharp and 500,000 plus for marshall, we then had 3.5m in from earnies sale which we were told would be added to the kitty.

leaves 4-4.5m

[/quote]

Good call on us making the Marshall offer before Earnie''s sale. I''d forgotten about that.

OK, well I think Cureton and Marshall probably cost more than you have said, so I''ll compromise on us having between £2m and £4m to spend.

Which I guess would be £3m [:|][:P]

[quote user="Millo"]

leaves 4-4.5m

[/quote]I feel you figures air on the optomistic side for the amount we have left:You are using high figures for what we had - we bid ~ 2.5m before Earnshaw so you use 2.5-3 for this figure.The pinkun have Marshall at 1m and Cureton at 750k (and Strihavka at 700k) - you put these slightly lower.I also feel you are underestimating the fees, as they would average out at 50k each - which seems quite low, especially for the signing on fees, I reckon 75k is a better guess.All in all I think that between 3m and 3.75m left over (before Strihavka) is probably a better estimate.After Dave that leaves 2.2m - 3m remaining.    If we spend somewhere aproaching another 2m on fees, especially if there are more freebees then that is probably the whole budget accounted for.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Has Dave striker signed?[/quote]

Dave the Striker (happy mb ? [:)]) has agreed personal terms on a 4 year contract, according to his clubs'' website and a translation by some bloke on Wrath.

We haven''t agreed a fee with Banik, but it''s expected to be a formality.
[/quote]

Good news then. Can someone leave a youtube thread as i havent see him play yet.

I do want to clear something up, i have been impressed with what Grant has done, and i dont want a protest to unsettle the team. If things dont go to plan, then i see no reason not to make my feelings known. If things go well then there is no need to protest.

The point im making in this threead is how can you protest without unsettling the team?

I would love the board to win my favour back, but for 3 seasons they have let us down so im not getting my hopes up. Im not keen on them, its hard to just forget how they have let us down, i dont have a short memory. Worthy was made a bit of a scapegoat in my opinion to deflect the criticism. Im not going to do a wiz like 24 hour u-turn because we sign a few players.

Grant has done very well in the transfer market, lets hope it continues, we go up, ipsh?t go down and we can all play happy familys and laugh at the scum.

Im 100% behind the team but dont mistake that for me backing the board.

Ill try to keep my posts as positive as possible from now on but i will always fight my corner.

This wasnt initially meant { although looking back ive gone about it the wrong way,.}to be a negative post, it was just that there have been so many posts about protests that i felt the subject of how to do one without disrupting the team was an important question.

[quote]Worthy was made a bit of a scapegoat in my opinion to deflect the criticism.[/quote]I agree with you here.  Worthington did ask for players to be brought in last season, Sky Sports ran articles based on interviews with Worthington and Drury asking where the money was for new players.  The fact is though that a number of players he had bought were no longer willing to work for him (or in some cases for anybody), and when that happens 2 months away from a transfer window, you''re stuffed as a manager.It would be a shame for protests to drag into a third consecutive season, for whatever reason, especially when you see how hard Peter Grant and his team have been working with the money they have to bring in quality.  5 players signed in one week, when was the last time that happened here ?

[quote user="Millo"]

Ill try to keep my posts as positive as possible from now on but i will always fight my corner. [/quote]

Good honest post Milo and of course you must fight your corner for what you believe in, I know I always will.

The important thing here is that there are ways of making your point and fighing for what you believe in without it getting personal and resorting to name calling, which is where the Smudgers and Clucks of this world got it wrong and lost respect.

Finally you''re right Grant has done well so far in the transfer market, lets hope we get a great start to the season to put a smile on all our faces [:D]

CMON YOU YELLOWS

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Millo"]

leaves 4-4.5m

[/quote]

I feel you figures air on the optomistic side for the amount we have left:

You are using high figures for what we had - we bid ~ 2.5m before Earnshaw so you use 2.5-3 for this figure.
The pinkun have Marshall at 1m and Cureton at 750k (and Strihavka at 700k) - you put these slightly lower.
I also feel you are underestimating the fees, as they would average out at 50k each - which seems quite low, especially for the signing on fees, I reckon 75k is a better guess.

All in all I think that between 3m and 3.75m left over (before Strihavka) is probably a better estimate.

After Dave that leaves 2.2m - 3m remaining.    If we spend somewhere aproaching another 2m on fees, especially if there are more freebees then that is probably the whole budget accounted for.
[/quote]

Does that take into account Agents fees for Marshall, Cureton etc etc and wages.

I think we''ve got about £2.5m left max.

[quote user="Millo"]

Open to ideas, maybe Smudger is best to answer.

Im all for protesting if the aparant 4.5m left in the kitty is not spent.{ yes i know we can get decent frees but what about spending on proven talent eg missing out on Eastwood} but will only do so in a way that wont effect the team.

Ive always been backing PG and the team so any protest before a match is bound to effect the team, and would people be up for 1 after a game? Im unsure.

Is there another way of getting points across to the board { only after seeing what happens in the next few weeks } if they fail to make cash available that they have publicly promised to Grant.

As wayne gardner pointed out Grant has done well in the market without spending much so just think how well we could do if he was allowed to spend the remaining 4.5m plus? Title contenders perhaps?

yes i know there is no point spending money for the sake of it, but if its there, 4.5m well spent would make us a serious promotion contender, not all decent players are available on frees.

A boycott of a game would effect the team so smudger and co im interested to see what other ideas you have on how to protest.

I would like to welcome all our signings so far to Norwich-a fine city.

[/quote]

If there were to be a protest directed purely at the Board rather than the players...it wouldn''t affect the team at all. They are grown men busy earning a living (well...some of them)...and they really don''t give a monkey''s who pays. Mercenaries aren''t fussy about the rights and wrongs of anything...they just go about their job.

So...in essence just another scare tactic by the flock to maintain the status quo and condemn us to yet another year of stagnation. 

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Millo"]

Im all for protesting if the aparant 4.5m left in the kitty is not spent.{ yes i know we can get decent frees but what about spending on proven talent eg missing out on Eastwood} but will only do so in a way that wont effect the team

[/quote]

I just wondering where you are getting 4.5 million left from - this would put the total budget at around 7 million.
I believe this was the guesstimated budget and was based on selling Earnshaw for 5million - which didn''t happen.  so there goes 1.5million for a start.

free transfers aren''t free, they have fees and stuff. anyway see my thread http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/970711/ShowPost.aspx  for more details on my take on the budget.

The other thing is that the LOAN has historical precedent (at NCFC) for being investment - the investment fro Geoffrey Watling that removed Chase was in precisely this form.  - I believe there are tax reasons for this.
[/quote]

7rew, you seem to have forgot that we bid over £2 million for Sharp and £500k for Marshall long before the Earnshaw bid came in. Then we were told all the Earnshaw money would be used for transfers. I make that £3.5 million plus £2.5 million equals £6 million available at least.

So far we have spent no more than half that sum.