Sign in to follow this  
philbuzz

Can the Pink Un set up a "positive only" board on here??

I''m sick to the back teeth of coming on here and seeing negative posts from the likes of smudger and co. This board has turned into a giant version of Dear Deidre, its all arguments and negativity. This board used to be a place which I enjoyed reading intellectual,interesting and funny posts. Its ended up just a series of moans started by a few individuals who harp on about there own agenda''s. Can something be done to turn this back to the great board which it used to be?

Phil

Agreed norfolkbroadslim;   variety is the spoice of life and while we all get tired of some posters agenda there isnt a contributor who hasnt had a valid point to make at some stage irrespective of whether I agree with it or not;   anyone who can make me think is good in my book,  sometimes you just have to see through the vitriol to see the real point,  which sometimes make me change my perspective.

Vive La Difference,  Vive Le Juge

Almost as anoying as the negative posts are people posting moaning posts about other users posts.

Let''s hope the football improves this season, the nearer we get to the prem the less negative posts there will be. For me the jury is still out on Grant, I hope that I am wrong. I also hope that Cluck & Smudger are wrong.....................

Phillbuzz! there is some merit in what you say, however it is the aggressive language used when castigating the board and non agreeing posters that I personally would object to.  It would not be the language to be used in a personal face to face conversation with a recipient, of what I would term to be verbal abuse.  I do, however believe, that negative posts must be necessary to outline dissatisfaction with performance of team members and the same goes for the staff performance, in deals and communication and any lack of explanation when addressing the fans and public etc.  For to address the negative aspects of a complaint it must first be recognised to bring about the change necessary to become a positive.  Open discussion in all aspects of debate coupled with use of respectfull language can bring about desirable and positive change without causing the offence that some board users can so easily do.  If there was a Chairperson involved as in a public meeting instead of the editorial staff that are at present involved, much of what is printed would not make the page, and the Forum would become a non event.  Yes Phillbuz, lets have all aspects of points of order in debate with well founded factual critisism positive and negative with respect.  OTBC!!!

Isn''t it just symptomatic of today''s politically correct environment that the Archant mod''s dare not even say "NO" to a post like this???

Cue over apologetic encore....  [W]