Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Youth Players

Was just wanting to know peoples opinion on our youth players, which look like they could be coming to a crucial year. The likes of Rossi and Ryan Jarvis, Micheal Spillane... surely should be given a bit of match time, and then maybe we will not need a new centre back and midfeilder. Look at some of the leicester back line, i.e. stearman and kisnorbo (who arrived at the club very young) they are 2 of the best in the league, and leicester weren''t afraid to put them in. Surely everyone would love to see 2 local lads Jarvis and Shackell form a great centeral defence partnership to take us up a level, with dion as a mentor. Chris Martin has made the transition, as did shackell, but it seems they were only used when we were forced to use them, with shackells big break coming at left back when drury was injured, and martins when earnie and Chris Brown injured and Jarvis out on loan.

I think we should show some guts and use these youth players, as i don''t think i''ve seen so many promising youngsters in our youth for a while.

For me, we should maybe loan a centre back in from, say chelsea or man u, and use them most of the time, but also give Jarvis and Halliday... time to prove themselves in a real 1st team match

I think the Jarvis brothers will be loaned out again, Martin will continue to play in the first team squad with Spillane as a useful reserve, Bally Smart may be one to watch, very very fast. I think Renton looks like a good prospect and may come in to contention if we get a few injuries etc.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Nick Davey is one to look out for i believe. Scored more goals that Renton in the same team. Think he will be really good[/quote]

Master J-Do Pur, do you watch the youth team a lot, it''s just that i don''t and i was wondering if you have seen a lot of Renton because again i haven''t - if you do follow the youth team a lot, how do you rate Renton, do you think his prospects are good for the future?

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Nick Davey is one to look out for i believe. Scored more goals that Renton in the same team. Think he will be really good[/quote]

Master J-Do Pur, do you watch the youth team a lot, it''s just that i don''t and i was wondering if you have seen a lot of Renton because again i haven''t - if you do follow the youth team a lot, how do you rate Renton, do you think his prospects are good for the future?

[/quote]

Renton is a good player but in my opinion Davey is more suited to the professional game. I''m still not concinved completly on Renton but he came to us so late so is a bit raw. I know Davey scored a lot more goals than Renton in the youth set up last season. I have seen them a bit but my dad follows them a lot. Anyone who went to the celtic should remember Davey because i thought he was a different class

Personally i think Spillane has more promise than all of them. He''s versatile, competitive, hungry to succeed and is gaining alot of experience playing for Ireland.

For me he is definately the one to watch.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

Renton is a good player but in my opinion Davey is more suited to the professional game. I''m still not concinved completly on Renton but he came to us so late so is a bit raw. I know Davey scored a lot more goals than Renton in the youth set up last season. I have seen them a bit but my dad follows them a lot. Anyone who went to the celtic should remember Davey because i thought he was a different class

[/quote]

Thankyou for that mate