Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Paul Dixon and more poor journalism

The article in the Pinkun on Paul Dixon begins like this:"Young Scottish defender Paul Dixon says he is satisfied he made the

right decision in resisting the overtures of Norwich City assistant

manager Jim Duffy."
This is drawn from what Dixon says further on and nowhere does he say he "resisted" our approach. He talks about how flattered he was to hear of our interest, how much he repsects and owes Jim Duffy, etc and then says:"The club chose to reject it so I''m a Dundee player until someone tells me otherwise"Now if that isn''t saying "make the club the right offer and i''ll be there in a heartbeat", then i don''t know what is! It is just WRONG to say that he has turned us down. And given how badly we need more defensive cover, i think this could and should still be a hot lead...

I see your point, but i think what they''re trying to say in the article, is that, he hasn''t in true Rio Coker style, demanded a move or what have you, he''s just kept quiet and got on with it

[quote user="James Smith"]I see your point, but i think what they''re trying to say in the article, is that, he hasn''t in true Rio Coker style, demanded a move or what have you, he''s just kept quiet and got on with it[/quote]

Which in my opinion is the sign of a player with some integrity! Lets put a bigger offer in  [:P]

Completely agree with this post, however i think that the club will not raise teir bid because lappin is capable enough to cover for drury in that position, we need to concentrate on a new centre back more.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree with this post, however i think that the club will not raise teir bid because lappin is capable enough to cover for drury in that position, we need to concentrate on a new centre back more.[/quote]"We need to concentrate on a new centre back more" - Agree"Lappin is capable enough to cover Drury" - Disagree! If we can get him for 150k, i think we should.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree with this post, however i think that the club will not raise teir bid because lappin is capable enough to cover for drury in that position, we need to concentrate on a new centre back more.[/quote]

Lappin is not good enough to play the left-back role, he''s much more at home on the left side of midfield. Drury desperately needs good competition from a more natural left-back to keep him on his toes more. You never know, because of the link with Duffy, we may still get him even if it''s just as a loan deal.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree with this post, however i think that the club will not raise teir bid because lappin is capable enough to cover for drury in that position, we need to concentrate on a new centre back more.[/quote]

"We need to concentrate on a new centre back more" - Agree

"Lappin is capable enough to cover Drury" - Disagree! If we can get him for 150k, i think we should.
[/quote]

I agree left back is a position we seriously need to look at for cover and if we could get him for 150k i would take him, failing that what about the young ex man city player Stephen Jordan? is he still available on a free? rated very highly at one stage. But the really big issue in my opinion is '''' WHY ARE WE NOT GOING FOR A NEW CENTRE BACK PG''''? AARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Well at least we all agree the need for a new centre back, i think that''s the first priority. I unlike others do think Lappin can be cover for Drury, but if we get a centre back then I would agree that left back would be next priority as Lappin is a better left winger.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree with this post, however i think that the club will not raise teir bid because lappin is capable enough to cover for drury in that position, we need to concentrate on a new centre back more.[/quote]"We need to concentrate on a new centre back more" - Agree"Lappin is capable enough to cover Drury" - Disagree! If we can get him for 150k, i think we should.[/quote]

I agree left back is a position we seriously need to look at for cover and if we could get him for 150k i would take him, failing that what about the young ex man city player Stephen Jordan? is he still available on a free? rated very highly at one stage. But the really big issue in my opinion is '''' WHY ARE WE NOT GOING FOR A NEW CENTRE BACK PG''''? AARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

[/quote]How do you know we''re not...