Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Moving the club emphatically forward. The spine. Peter.......

Where are the key signings to move the club emphatically forward. Not just the squad players.

OK, Marshall looks a good signing in goal.

But, where is the inspirational rock in the centre of defence?

Where is our rampaging, dominant yet subtle midfielder?

Where is our mobile, strong spearhead to link with Jamie?

The spine, the spine, the spine Peter. The spine

Since they''re not here for the start of pre-season I''m getting a little worried Peter.

Peter............................if they''re not giving you the necessary funds-  let us know.

Peter.......................

Good luck.

OTBC

Apart from the centre back, are the others not already here?

I suspect this is a Smudge style thread where the judgement on quality signings have already been made.

I''m not saying we have signed the answers but I sure as hell am in no position to say we haven''t. I think you are in the same boat BBB unless you know something we don''t.

I''m pretty happy with what we have for the moment, but that is not to say it can''t be improved with greater depth - there is not a squad anywhere in the world that can''t be.  From our current/soon-to-be signings, we have surely signed Brellier for that m/f role - he''s not noted for the subltelty but for me that isn''t the most important atribute; Dave the Striker is presumably seen as a target for Cureton to work off. 

IMO the main thing missing is indeed the ''inspirational rock'' in the centre of defence, and this is surely what PG is on the lookout for....but for all we know we could be in for several more players in various positions before the season is upon us.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I suspect this is a Smudge style thread where the judgement on quality signings have already been made.

I''m not saying we have signed the answers but I sure as hell am in no position to say we haven''t. I think you are in the same boat BBB unless you know something we don''t.

[/quote]

I asked where are the signings to move us emphatically forward.

Who are the others already here, pray? Please be specific.

You don''t have a clue, Rages, not a clue.

I despair.

OTBC

From Grant''s comments last week, I think he''s still looking and I wouldn''t be suprised to see a few more signings this week 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I despair.

OTBC

[/quote]

Isn''t that the point? You don''t have a clue because you like 99% of others on here have not seen our new signings play. I am not having a go at you but Breiller, and Strihvka if we get him and Marshall have not played for NCFC yet. I do completely agree with you that we need a new centre back though

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I despair.

[/quote]

Could the midfield player be Brellier? Could the forward be Strahavka? Could you be jumping the gun by assuming they are not the answer?

The only clueless element to this thread is the blind assumption it bleeds.

I won''t despair though, I''ll wait and see before I judge.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Are you not forgetting the rock at the back, Gary Doherty!?

[quote user="James Smith"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Are you not forgetting the rock at the back, Gary Doherty!?

[/quote]

More of a pebble than a rock.

Well the strikers are at Wolverhampton, Sheff Utd, Celtic and Motherwell BlyBly...

As for the mifielders and defenders... they are also at a host of other clubs around the country...

Ahh well, at least we seem to of solved our goalkeeping problem!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well the strikers are at Wolverhampton, Sheff Utd, Celtic and Motherwell BlyBly...

As for the mifielders and defenders... they are also at a host of other clubs around the country...

Ahh well, at least we seem to of solved our goalkeeping problem!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

How wrong you are- Breiller and Etuhu (providing we keep him) will be a good strong spine, Cureton was last yrs top scorer and no one has seen Strihvka play. We just need a centre back

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I despair.

OTBC

[/quote]

Isn''t that the point? You don''t have a clue because you like 99% of others on here have not seen our new signings play. I am not having a go at you but Breiller, and Strihvka if we get him and Marshall have not played for NCFC yet. I do completely agree with you that we need a new centre back though

[/quote]

Sorry Cobain18, gonna have to correct you here. Marshall HAS played for us because he was on loan to us last year and played 5 times before getting injured at Chelsea. I agree also when you say about needing a new centre back - preferably one who doesn''t try to hug the opposing player...

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I despair.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Cobain18, gonna have to correct you here. Marshall HAS played for us because he was on loan to us last year and played 5 times before getting injured at Chelsea. I agree also when you say about needing a new centre back - preferably one who doesn''t try to hug the opposing player...

[/quote]

You are right, what i meant to say was that we haven''t seen enough from the new players to know yet. As for a centre back i too would really appreciate one who does not hug the opposition to

Going into the new season, I would go on about a new, strong spine needed to run through the team. This was essential.

However, I do believe we''re almost there.

Marshall, Brellier (judging by his role, and success, at Hearts), Dave the Striker.

The one gapping wound of a hole is a new centre back. I believe this will be next on the list for Peter.

Of course, we don''t know if these moves will be a success or not. But I believe the noises are good, just as well established signings with proven track records can completely bomb at a new club.

The proof of the pudding will always be in the points total, but at least we have made changes to bring in a new spine, minus one. I await with interest...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Where are the key signings to move the club emphatically forward. Not just the squad players.

OK, Marshall looks a good signing in goal.

But, where is the inspirational rock in the centre of defence?

Where is our rampaging, dominant yet subtle midfielder?

Where is our mobile, strong spearhead to link with Jamie?

The spine, the spine, the spine Peter. The spine

Since they''re not here for the start of pre-season I''m getting a little worried Peter.

Peter............................if they''re not giving you the necessary funds-  let us know.

Peter.......................

Good luck.

OTBC

[/quote] 

I think the fact that hundreds of people have bought season tickets

in the last few days shows that they have more faith than you. Because

they did not already have one they clearly are not the sort of people

who will support the club regardless and must have been impressed with

the new signings.