Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Pinkun Party...

To all fellow posters and Web Team

Promoted or not, I wondered if anyone fancies getting together for an "Offline Msg Board" at the end of the season...

It would be great to put a few faces to the names on here.

Even though I don''t live in Norwich area I obviously suggest that Norwich would be the best bet - How about the Lloyd''s Bar / Wetherspoons on Riverside - or maybe the Pinkun guys ''n'' galls can pull a few strings and we can meet at one of the club bars etc?

I''ve put this up now just to canvas opinion - then we can go from there if there is any interest.

One things for sure, come the end of the season we''ll either want to celebrate, or commiserate!

If we get promoted at home you''ll be able to find me either dancing or passed out on that bit of grass in the middle of Riverside...

NMTD, that is exactly what I was going to suggest. It would be so good to put some faces to the great names that post on here. I''m certainly up for it, whether we do or don''t..you know what! The Riverside somewhere is a possible place for it, I guess, if there are too many people to squeeze into Templeton''s house/garden. Any other suggestions anyone?

Great idea NMTD would love to meet everyone,not sure if I would get into the riverside as unfortunately I''m over 21,just a bit of course!

I''m up for it, although I live a long way from Norwich these days. Do we wear stickie notes on our foreheads or do we try to guess who''s who? Back to Templeton''s place first though.

Brilliant idea! However, Riverside comes a close second to Ip****ch in my "Least favourite places to go in East Anglia" list.

Anyone got any other suggestions for a venue? Or perhaps as NMTD suggested, someone in a high place can get us a VIP somewhere??!

NMTD, great idea....

I would like to suggest maybe Delayne''s Pub in Norwich. We could probably have the first floor to entertain a party, if planned ahead ( which you are suggesting).

The pub is very central and very popular.

Yesterday I met a regular poster from this board in there, and it was lovely to be able to talk about some other posters and threads.

So count me in, and I will be very happy to help in organising the party...

Ok - sounds promising so far - anyone else up for it.... The more the merrier...

BTW cityangel - fear not - i''m sure there''ll be all ages, I myself am approaching the time when life begins - so come on you young ''uns - join the party - if you''re brave enough!

We can work out a venue / and indeed a date when things are a little clearer but all suggestions will be taken into account.

Had another idea last night - but needs co-operation of the web team...

How about we have this shin-dig and combine it with the web oscars idea...

As well as having a celebration or a commiseration, we could have the awards ceremony!

Regarding categories - we could partition them up based on the new poster categories which will then give everyone a chance - so I propose....

Best Super Striker
Best Super Striker in a supporting role
Best Midfielder
Best Midfielder in a supporting role
Best Reserve
Best Reserve in a supporting role
Best Newcomer
Best Newcomer in a supporting role

Then we could have the ones like

Poster of the Year
Best Thread (goes to the initial poster) - with a link to the threads
Best Individual Post - with a link to the post
Funniest Post - with a link to the post

And just for Pete (Is there vote rigging I ask!)
Best Moderator

If the web team could set up a page like the player of the match voting it should work well...

It doesn''t sound like loads of work for the web team (I realize its a little) and we''d need to start a Nominee''s thread - top 3 in each category.

It would make a great article for the PinkUn too.

How about it?

At the risk of being the oldest there I will come. Put it like this, in a couple of years I am half expecting a telegram from the queen. Some of you may have to stand up and give me your seat.