Sign in to follow this  
keith sizer

Car Park

hi, i just wondered if someone could give me an idea of how much it will cost me to park in the multi-story ccar park near the ground for a 4 hour match day?

thank you

Not sure exactly but I do know it is a lot cheaper to park in County Hall car park Martineau Lane £3 all day and opened up specifically for football car parking. 5 mins walk to ground---

Don''t!!  As said above, County Hall is a lot cheaper, or if you want to travel over the railway bridge there is a car park off Clarence Road and some offices on Thorpe Road also have football parking for £2.  You could always be cheeky and park at the Red Lion on Bishopsbridge, have a drink there and park (but don''t tell them I sent you!). 

if u dont mind a short walk park in the streets around Lakenham, or even Tuckswood.. i can walk to the ground in 20 minutes from there its free as well and theres no restricitons..

or park on the estate and for £1.50 u can get the number 17 to the train station.

jas :)

[quote user="Neil Moore"]

Last time  I parked there it was 80p per hour.

[/quote]

If it''s the county hall you''re talking about, it was a quid when I last used it - still dirt cheap though!

Luckily now though, even though I live in the Beccles area, I''m able to park where I work which is just 10-15 mins from the ground. So that saves me a bit![:D]

The county hall is definitely your best bet though, but make sure you''re there in very good time.

It costs £3.20 to park in the Riverside multi storey, but it can take a long time to get out after the match. 

Moneyfacts car park on Clarence Road is opened up on footy days and they charge £2 which goes to charity.

if you dont mind a bit of a walk along the inner ring road, there is a car park where you can park all day for £1. If you are familiar with .  sainsburys on queens road this is how you get thereinstead of taking left into sainsburys car park, keep going under the bridge and there you will see it on your right.  Nice old man in the hut, pop him a pound and bob is your mothers brother.  i think it shuts at six or so.  Not for midweek games though i hasten to add\

It took me ages in the riverside multi story to get out as well,about 40 mins! However you can get the parking for free as well if you feel cheeky. Just pop into the cinema on the way back and say you forgot to get your ticket stamped,hey presto free parking!

[quote user="Steve Mortlock"]    if you dont mind a bit of a walk along the inner ring road, there is a car park where you can park all day for £1. If you are familiar with .  sainsburys on queens road this is how you get thereinstead of taking left into sainsburys car park, keep going under the bridge and there you will see it on your right.  Nice old man in the hut, pop him a pound and bob is your mothers brother.  i think it shuts at six or so.  Not for midweek games though i hasten to add\[/quote]its NU isnt it?? and a good deal - but as for the nice old man bit, maybe he had an off day - i found him rude and little hitlerish!!!  he was tall, big and elvis style greased back hair - is this the geezer???