Top 5 worst

1. Semi final defeats against sunderland and everton   

2. Play off final defeat

3. Relegated at leeds

4. 6-0 at fulham

5. 3-1 defeat at Barnet in the cup

Best;

1. Bayern Munich home gane
  2. Middlesborough 4-4 game in last prem season (although both Newcastle and Man Utd games run it close)
  3. Cardiff 4-1 (Hux last game - best individual performance I have ever seen in City shirt)
  4. Liverpool (h) 1987 2-1 win. Last minute winner & Rush scored for Liverpool (1st league game they had lost when he scored).
  5. Soton FA Cup Q/F 1992 2-1 after extra time. Game that had everything.

Worst;

1. Sunderland FAC S/F 1992
  2. 6-2 home defeat by Forest Xmas 1990
  3. 5-1 defeat at Spurs in 1993 that killed off our lingering title hopes.
  4. Any defeat by Ipswich.
  5. 1-1 draw with Coventry last year which for 70 minutes was the most listless disgraceful display I have seen by a City team.

Would agree with most of those - sadly I was at more of the worst than the best moments. I actually have seen us lose 7-1, 6-1, 5-1 (Blackburn, Port Vale, West Brom and Spurs) and many other lesser defeats up to 4 goals. For me the worst was seeing us have 5 goals put past us by West Brom and the 4 days later seeing us let in 6 at Port Vale - I remember saying to my brother at the time that the only way was up as it couldn''t get worse than that!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Best;

1. Bayern Munich home gane

2. Middlesborough 4-4 game in last prem season (although both Newcastle and Man Utd games run it close)

3. Cardiff 4-1 (Hux last game - best individual performance I have ever seen in City shirt)

4. Liverpool (h) 1987 2-1 win. Last minute winner & Rush scored for Liverpool (1st league game they had lost when he scored).

5. Soton FA Cup Q/F 1992 2-1 after extra time. Game that had everything.

Worst;

1. Sunderland FAC S/F 1992

2. 6-2 home defeat by Forest Xmas 1990

3. 5-1 defeat at Spurs in 1993 that killed off our lingering title hopes.

4. Any defeat by Ipswich.

5. 1-1 draw with Coventry last year which for 70 minutes was the most listless disgraceful display I have seen by a City team.

[/quote]

I remember the Forest 6-2 game very well. I recall going into HMV in nottingham not long after and there was a video of the game with brian clough and a speach bubble saying "happy new year".

We also lost 4-0 at home to wimbledon that year band that was probabaly our worst home season i can recall, we seemed to lose or get stuffed every game.

Top 5:

5. "Come on Eileen" Dexters Madnight Rumblers.

4.............sorry, didn''t read the thread properly.

without a doubt the six nil loss to fulham has been the worst moment as a city fan we only had to draw to stay up

and the best shortlived moment was iwan roberts goal at the play off finals in extra time the noise when we scored was unbeleivable   

Best

1) Beating Man UTD

2) Wolves away, play off semi

3) Boro Comeback 4-4

4) Beating the scum 3-1, Mackay Double

5) Beating Newcastle, Fleming''s Raindance-testimonial, Etherington''s Snake Pit Red Card or Hucks Cardiff Farewell..

worst

1) Fulham 6-0

2) Burnley defeat 4-1, worthy out

3) Aftermath of play off defeat.

4) Away Day Prem Stuffing at Charlton

5) Numerous away stuffings over the last 10 years.

1, Bayern home, Vitesses and Inter Home, I could choose between the 3

2, Hux signing on boxing day against forest.

3, Manyoo home, when Ashton scored. the thought that we could do the greta escape.

4, Wolves home, play off semi

5, Dec ''92, when we were 8 points clear in the prem and when we beat Gooners.

Worst.

1, 6-0 Fulham.

2, Play off final.

3, Semi against Everton.

4, Humilation against scum.

5, Mike Walker leaving and then relegation.

I don''t think that theses are in any order as such, I have a crap memory for things, I also love the late 80''s and early 90''s but far too many good times.

1) Dave Stringer scoring in 1 - 1 draw at Watford 1971-72 - Champions

2) Stringer or Forbes ? scoring in 2 - 1 win the following season against Palace keeping us up / sending them down.

3) Iwan Roberts goal in play off final

4) Lappins last minute goal at Luton last year ( convinced thats why we stayed up )

5) Steve Bruce goal semi-final against Ipswich

1) Play off final defeat

2) Any Ipswich defeat

3) Any defeat

4) Fell ill and had to go to first aid room at half time ( we were losing ). Missed second half, we came back to beat Bradford !

5) Any game when I was a kid and too small to see the game.

Best:

1.Seeing the Milk Cup Final win

2.Beating Bayern Munich at home

3.Iwan Scoring at Cardiff in the play off final.

4.Hucks goal against Wigan at home in the promotion season. I think i realised then that we were going to get promoted.

5.Seeing any win in Mike Walkers first season when we played with a swagger and style and beat the very best.

Worst.

1.Losing the play off final on penalties.

2. Seeing us lose 5-1 at Port Vale on the saturday and then losing 6-1 at West Brom 4 days later in Mike Walker''s last season.

3. Losing the League Cup Final to Villa.

4. Losing the FA Cup semi against Everton and then hearing the dreadful news from Hillsborough.

5. Losing the FA Cup semi against Sunderland when we should have wrapped it up in the first half hour.

Best

1. Beating QPR 2-0 in Oct 84, my first visit to Carrow Road, was really worried the game wouldn''t be on because of the fire in the main stand only a couple of days before!

2. Beating Portsmouth 2-0 in Jan 86, both teams were at the top end of the 2nd div and the atmosphere was amazing.

3. Iwan''s goal at the Play Off Final!

4. Beating Cardiff 4-1 in Dec 03, Hucks'' last game on loan, he was fantastic!

5. Beating Charlton 1-0 in Apr 05, the escape was still possible and Svensson''s goal was great! (I still miss Svensson).

Worst

1. Losing to Watford 3-1 at home in Sept 86. It was the first time I saw them lose!

2. Losing at Ipswich in Dec 93, Megson og.

3. Losing (badly) at Charlton 4-0 in Nov 04, it was AWFUL (enough said).

4. The penalty shoot out at the Play Off Final.

5. Losing at home to Plymouth 3-1 last season, 2 identical goals conceeded from free kicks, dire!

being only 15 i havent been 2 many mentioned but mine would be:

best:
1) Crewe Away - 3-1 - iwans last game pitch invasion at the end due to promotion 2 premiership!
2) Man United Home - 2-0
3) Iwans goal in play off final!
4) Middlesbrough Home - 4-4  - comeback!
5) Ipswich Home - 3-1 - they think there back in the game with a late pen but huckerby takes on like the whole team straight after the pen and forces an own goal to make it 3-1

worst:
1) Playoff final defeat :( - sutchs amazing pen!
2) Ipswich Away - 3-1 - haynes scores twice...
3) Fulham Away - 6-0.
4) Ipswich Home - 2-1 - haynes handball!
5) Crystal Palace Home - 1-0 - injury time goal by kuqi, well annoyed after that game!

Ok here are my top five best and worst memories of watching Norwich since 1989Top Five:
  1. The Entire 2003/04 Season - Can''t narrow it down I''m afraid, although for me Mullers'' goal at the Madejski that took the roof off the stadium was a highlight, as was the promotion party at Vicarage Road and Iwan''s two goals & pitch invasion at Crewe. Best bit though was undoubtably Top of the League at Portman Road. Was bloody scary for me though ''cos we ended up in the Home End to begin with (we''d been given complimentary tickets, see?) but fortunately when we revealed to the nearby stewards that we were Norwich supporters they moved us to the away end where we could abuse the binners without fear of reprisals. Sorted.
  2. The Southampton FA Cup Quarter Finals that went into extra-time. That match was mental - red cards, world-class goals, Hurlock(?) breaking every bone in Flecky''s mid-section has he waltzed past him for the umpteenth time, then pulling back the win from nowhere and witnessing the River End START a chant of casarasara! Stingey gits have never done it since.
  3. Beating Nottingham Forest 3-1 at Carrow Road to go top of the league in the Premiership. I remember that one really well for some reason. Had a big firework display put on by Sky TV at the end after we absolutely spanked them and people were just starting to realise Norwich were actually a force to be reckoned with.
  4. Beating Man United 2-0 in 04/05, which considering our squad at the time, was probably a bigger achievement than any other time we''ve beaten a "big team". In ten years time, this could still be the biggest win we''ve had in this generation.
  5. The Snakepit getting Matthew Etherington sent off. That was the funniest thing I''ve ever seen in a football match, and probably forever will be.
Worst Five:
  1. Losing to Sunderland in the FA Cup Semi-Final. We were awful. And John Byrne hansn''t come off ''my list'', since.
  2. Losing to Birmingham in Cardiff. That was particularly harsh for me because I''d flown back from America on the Friday night, arrived in Gatwick on Saturday morning, driven back to Norfolk, got my stuff, then driven all the way over to Cardiff just for the game. Then my American girlfriend dumped me because of it. Cheers, Daryl.
  3. Fulham. All we needed to do was draw. Only Norwich can go into a game just needing to draw and come out losing 6-0. Damien Francis'' smug grin at the end of the game when the rest of the players were in tears will be with me for a long time too.
  4. Losing to Burnley 4-1. The realisation that we''d actually gone full circle and were right back where we started - if not worse so. Worthy was a fine manager and brought great times to Carrow Road but completely lost the plot. This was the most shambolic performance I can ever remember watching - we played the entire second half without a left back.
  5. Losing to Wimbledon 4-0. First time I ever really saw Norwich get stuffed. Wasn''t the last. Forest went on to beat us 6-2 later that same season and we still continue to lose by silly amounts at least one in fifteen games even now.

Best-

1) Bayern Munich- away  93/94

2) Milk Cup semi-final Ipswich -home 1984/1985

3) Milk Cup final 1985

4) Arsenal 2-4 Norwich opening game 92/93

5) Top of the league at portman road !!  December 2003

Worst-

1) Semi final defeat vs  Sunderland 1991

2) Playoff final defeat - Birmingham 2002

3) Relegation 1984/85 after Coventry win 3 matches after season ends....and then get kicked out of Europe (thanks Liverpool- I will never forgive or forget !!)

4) Fulham 6-0 Norwich 2004/2005

5) Ipswich 5 - 0 Norwich (the valentines day massacre) circa 1997/8 ???

im only going to choose matches from where i actually attended or saw on tv..

1. Norwich 2-1 Southampton, 1992 FA Cup 1/4 final replay. (the best match... ever! wouldnt of fancied us on penalties.. saints had Tim Flowers in goal who was handy from 12 yards.. we had Mark Walton.. although to be fair he  had saved a spot kick vs Millwall in an earlier round.)

2. Norwich 2 -0 Man utd

3. Norwich 4-4 Middlesboro

4. Promotion! (and all the celebrations afterwards)

5. the playoff semis and the stockport game before it.

worst.

1. Iwans last match

2. Playoff final Defeat

3. Watching us lose the semi to sunderland in 1992 on TV. their goal was offside (watch it again) thats the closest we will ever get to the FA Cup im afraid folks... i sat in my bedroom and sobbed my eyes out that day.

4. Norwich 4- 5 Southampton. Premiership 1995.. where we all started to think that we were doomed.

5. Gunny breaking his ankle in 1995 which was the day it all went wrong for us.

jas :)

I''m not sure if the playoffs come in wors or best moments. Great experience and i would not have missed it for the world but not the result we wanted 

Top 5

1) Bayern Munich at Home

2) Top of The League at Road

3) Wolves at home in the play offs

4) Iwans last game at Carrow Rd 3-2 win over Preston and the atmosphere was amazing!!

5) Iwan stamping on Muscat!!!!

There are so many more than 5 i could probably have 10 seperate lists

Bottom 5

1) The Play Off Final

2) Losing 5-0 at the binners!!

3) Everton and sunderland FA cup semi-finals

4) 6-0 at Fulham

5) Losing 3-1 at home to Man Utd in first Premiership Season (it confirmed we weren''t quite good enough to win the league)!!

1. Bayern Munich away2. Bayern Munich home3. Bruce''s header4. Milk Cup Final5. Justin Fashanu''s goal1. Not even putting up a fight against Fulham2. Losing to Sunderland in the FA Cup Semi - again, a weak surrender.3. Being relegated by Everton''s spineless performance - poor old Ken Brown pictured walking his dog in the park...4. 5-0 defeat by the Binners - shocking, simply shocking5. Mike Walker leaving to go to Everton....

Good post Millo!

Best:-

1. Iwan scoring at Cardiff, pure euphoria for 5 fairytale minutes!

2. Beating Ipswich 2-1 in December 2003, [8] Top of the league at Portman Rd!!! [8]

3. Beating Man Utd 2-0 at Carrow Rd in 04/05 Prem season (partly because it was a late k/o for Sky and I went out clubbing afterwards and didn''t sleep in my own bed [;)] woohoo! But also for a fantastic performance that made survival seem possible!)

4. 1-0 win over Forrest on Boxing Day 2003, Matt Svensson home debut goal despite playing rubbish that confirmed lady luck was with us and that it was going to be our year! (Me and my Dad sat in the match sponsors box with my Dad''s colleagues from Aylsham Bath & Door and got all the tour, Delia''s restaurant etc saw Delia at about 11am and asked her whether Hux was signing, she tried to be diplomatic but her massive smile gave it away and she winked and said "watch this space!" Txt every City fan we knew to tell them, got smashed and had a great day with Gunny and Terry Allcock, Hux presented on pitch to massive celebrations etc before stumbling in to the players lounge by mistake whilst trying to find the exit, where my Dad proceeded to give Leon Mackenzie a great big hug! Embarassing but awesome!!!)

5. Bradford away in run-up to the play-off''s, Mcveigh scores a late winner to keep our dwindling play-off hopes alive, sparking some memorable celebrations for us in the small away end at Valley Parade!!!

Worst:-

1. 6-0 Fulham, whole City was geared up to celebrate and we got screwed!

2. Penalties in the play-off final, I didn''t watch, just listened to the crowd.

3. 5-0 defeat to Ipswich in ''98, watched it on the big screen set up infront of the Barclay, oh dear!

4. Ipswich away last year, lost 3-1, I was in the Ipswich North Stand, bugger.

5. Any match at bloody Selhurst Park, I hate that ground and we always lose so why do I always go!!!

1) My first game. Watching, at close quarters, Bill Punton flying down the wing!

2) Play off season. Last  home game, waitng for the other results.

3) Malky''s goal against Wolves to make it 3-1 in the play-off, first leg game..

4) McKenzie''s double at Ipswich, knowing that Hux was coming back.

5) Iwan''s "accidental" step on Muscat down by the snakepit.

Worst.

1) 6-0 at Fulham

2) The Ullathorne/Gunn "bobble" O.G. 

3) Kuqi''s last gasp winner for Palace in injury time.

4) 3-1 defeat by Town and Chadwick injured.

5) 5-0 defeat by Everton in the FA Cup. (S Tracey in goal!)

Best Moments: (not in any particular order)

1) Wolves play off semi final

2) Middlesboro comeback to make it 4-4 from 4-1 down in last five mins

3) Going to Vitesse Arnhem away game

4) Beating Man U at home in prem season

5) Going ''top of the lague at Portman Rd''

Worst Moments:

1) Going to Preston away on a week night, standing in a terrace with no roof in driving rain and no coat and being 4-0 down at half time.

2) Realising I''d spent all my money going to Arnhem and so couldn''t afford Munich/Milan

3) Seeing Ian Crook holding up an Ipwich shirt when he (nearly) signed for them

4) Play-Off final defeat

5) Going to Villa park for the FA cup semi final and being beaten by Everton.