Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

The pronunciation of David Strihavka

Surely we know how to say David, but...Strihavka?

As I heard from Canaries World TV News, after the interview of Jamie Cureton, James Bigg said, "Shift-ha-ka"? Is it correct? Of course I have to learn this because I can speak to the players later in my trip to Colney. 

XXL...... It''s ''Streek Haf  Ka.'' And his first name should be prenounced dav eed. Like Ginola!

It would be nice to know how to say it properly rather than have to rely on the various versions I am bound to hear on the terraces.

Day-v the str-eye-ker

But, if you want to call him his unofficial name, I think the one above is right: Stree-hav-ka.

I imagine it wouldn''t be too good an idea to rely on the Canaries World pronounciation [:P]

Dave - the - striker.It just sounds like a cult-name in waiting doesn''t it, like disco dale etcso c''mon, lets christen him Dave the striker... im sure he can adapt:P

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Are we really all so thick that we have to give David Strihavka a nickname because it''s too difficult to pronouce his real one?[/quote]

And there was me thinking it was because it was funny...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Are we really all so thick that we have to give David Strihavka a nickname because it''s too difficult to pronouce his real one?[/quote]

And there was me thinking it was because it was funny...

[/quote]Please don''t nmake attempts at humour. You know this forum is only for miserable gits and doom-mongers[;)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]in best brazilian commentator mode - goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll - would do for me.[/quote]Would that be for those written as ''oostenboor'' or ''strivkha''?  

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Day-v the str-eye-ker

But, if you want to call him his unofficial name, I think the one above is right: Stree-hav-ka.

I imagine it wouldn''t be too good an idea to rely on the Canaries World pronounciation [:P]

[/quote]

LOL im with you on this one.

I do look forward to hearing Sir Roy of Waller trying to pronounce his name. And we also have Counargi to look forward too as well this season with the diving fool signing for the blue lot down the road again. I''m going to predict Roy going for Stikhavya or something similar and not correcting himself despite everyone else getting it right = P Good ol'' Roy

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I do look forward to hearing Sir Roy of Waller trying to pronounce his name. And we also have Counargi to look forward too as well this season with the diving fool signing for the blue lot down the road again. I''m going to predict Roy going for Stikhavya or something similar and not correcting himself despite everyone else getting it right = P Good ol'' Roy
[/quote]

Good old Roy. He did well to survive Paul Pescerlleedo really.