Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

'The £500 team photograph'.... any takers?

All season ticket holders, possible members?  Who will be taking up the offer, only eighteen places exsist for a place amongst the 2007/2008 squad for a mere £500.  I personally think its a good idea, but £500! surely a cheaper price with a larger amount of potential clients?

Just got an email from club saying about having a picture taken with the first team squad for £500.  I was feeling a bit bored and cynical so I thought I would reply   "£500 to have a picture taken.  Im sorry but this seems a complete rip off.  You

would be better off selecting the 18 people randomly from your season ticket

data base as way of an apology for the dreadful season we had to ensure last

year.  But I guess the ten grand or so is of more importance!  Perhaps the lure

of having a picture taken next to Rob Earnshaw may have persuaded some people to

part with their cash, but we all know what happened there."Quite negative and cynical I know but could not help it.

I thought this was a bit on the steep side... £100 maybe i would have considered it, but that is really too much

Its a good idea

But seriously, 500 quid?!

If anybody was seriously that desperate, they''d use a handy little programme called ''Photoshop''.

Does Andy Hughes also have to pay £500 for having his photo taken with a squad of footballers?

I''ve just applied to take part.

I''ve also just gone out into my garden and thrown a heap of £50 notes onto the bonfire.

£500! To have my picture taken with the squad.

Can I pick and choose who is in the picture. Cos I don''t want any donkeys in it.

Shall I go round to Huckerby''s house or will he come to me.!!!

I would have my piccy taken for £500.00 with the squad, as long as I can hold my brick with my name on it - that is currently cemented into a wall behind the Jarrold.......Bricks an'' Mortar is where the money is..........an'' I want my brick to be to be the start of something constructive.......if there''s any room left around Carra to build...... 

[quote user="AJ"]Its a good idea

But seriously, 500 quid?!

If anybody was seriously that desperate, they''d use a handy little programme called ''Photoshop''.
[/quote]

which can be "aquired" free over the internet... and im sure people have done it.

by that reckoning the club should be giving the opportunity away for free, or paying us £500 to stop us doing "blue peter efforts" ourselves

jas :)

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

All season ticket holders, possible members?  Who will be taking up the offer, only eighteen places exsist for a place amongst the 2007/2008 squad for a mere £500.  I personally think its a good idea, but £500! surely a cheaper price with a larger amount of potential clients?

[/quote]

£500 for a photo opportunity with Derby and Sunderland''s new signings!!

Do you think I''d get a reduction if my girlfriend wore her bikini in the photo?

It is a touch steep, but you''ll be part of history.

[quote user="Marty"]

Do you think I''d get a reduction if my girlfriend wore her bikini in the photo?

[/quote]

Depends on your girlfriend. They''d charge me extra to inflict my wife in a bikini on them.

A great moment in history...."half the first team squad caught on film perving at your missus"

[quote user="Stevo"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Depends on your girlfriend. They''d charge me extra to inflict my wife in a bikini on them.

A great moment in history...."half the first team squad caught on film perving at your missus"

[/quote]

hahaha, I am sure that is harsh on your missus!

Anyway, I don''t think football teams could line up with scantily clad ladies anymore, that is sexist and only the sort of thing that previous generations of men would have enjoyed! and since we are all modern men.......................

I''d have paid £500 to be pictured along with an official WAG''s line-up!? More so if they were sporting yellow and green bikinis. Now there''s a real marketing opportunity. Shame we haven''t included that in player''s contracts....

Clause 23 - your missus must turn out in the official pre-season line-up in her bikini to be pictured along with free-spending fans

Clause 23b) - unless she''s a ''croco-pig''

I blame Doncaster for not negotiating those clauses.....and for global warming....and for Shergar''s disappearance

[quote user="Stevo"]

I''d have paid £500 to be pictured along with an official WAG''s line-up!? More so if they were sporting yellow and green bikinis. Now there''s a real marketing opportunity. Shame we haven''t included that in player''s contracts....

Clause 23 - your missus must turn out in the official pre-season line-up in her bikini to be pictured along with free-spending fans

Clause 23b) - unless she''s a ''croco-pig''

I blame Doncaster for not negotiating those clauses.....and for global warming....and for Shergar''s disappearance

[/quote]Stevo, i''ll mention your clause 23 to my misus (i''d like to see that too), I think i''ll keep clause 23b quite, she''s no glamour model but I wouldn''t call her a "croco-pig" either!Not entirely sure what a croco-pig is, I am rather fond of both crocodiles and pigs.

Well well, we must be really desparate for money.  Don''t hold your breath for any of the Etuhu money being spent, it will be more loans.

You never know, if you place yourself strategically between the Doc and Shackel and you look the part, Grant may just put you in the starting line up to play alonside Shacks for the opening game of season, you couldn''t do much worse really if you are fit and can kick a ball straight. 

Maybe this is Grants new scouting mission, get 18 fans to pay £500, line them up with the team, let them kick a few balls if any of them look ok, sign them up.  Then take them to a press conference (order more yellow polo shrts), claim they are the next pele or something and that loads of clubs were after them.  Don''t forget to negotiate your release clause though if you do get offered a contract though.

Or maybe just another sneaky ploy by the club....

When questioned on City''s squad size and whether it was strong enough for a hard-fought championship season, quick as a flash Mr Doncaster whipped out a photo and said:-

"Check out this piccy of the team line-up...there''s loads of new faces!"

Not actually about my original post, but a question to ''norfolkbroadslim'' and ''marty''.  Who are theses woman pictured next to your log in name.. credit to you if they are your partners and permission was granted.. but i agree with ealier posts.. they should be included on the team photo... free of charge

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Not actually about my original post, but a question to ''norfolkbroadslim'' and ''marty''.  Who are theses woman pictured next to your log in name.. credit to you if they are your partners and permission was granted.. but i agree with ealier posts.. they should be included on the team photo... free of charge[/quote]

You mean they''re not ''post-op'' pics of the guys!?!?

They can have their pictures taken with me for 100 pounds each, & I''ll give them a whole group discount for a bargain 10,000 quid.

Why?

Because I saw Kevin Keelan play live and in living colour, & they didn''t - although Dion may have caught a glimpse.

They should be honoured to be snapped with a man who saw the great man. And ain''t that a fact.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Not actually about my original post, but a question to ''norfolkbroadslim'' and ''marty''.  Who are theses woman pictured next to your log in name.. credit to you if they are your partners and permission was granted.. but i agree with ealier posts.. they should be included on the team photo... free of charge[/quote]Yes it is my partner and here is a bigger version of the pic for those interested. Guess she''ll need a yellow and green bikini for the photo shoot mind.http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1234/771613869_7fe842ee22.jpg

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Does Andy Hughes also have to pay £500 for having his photo taken with a squad of footballers?[/quote]Excellent

Well its obviously desperation time, there was only a very limited number of spaces initially advertised, now, on the morning of 23/07/07 i have recieved yet another e-mail from the club, telling me to hurry up as there is only a few spaces left... considering there was only 18 spaces available in the first place, i do believe that the promotion was not a total success???!!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]i have recieved yet another e-mail from the club, telling me to hurry up as there is only a few spaces left... [/quote]

Fortunately there''s an extra couple of ''spaces'' thanks to Dickson and Earnie''s agents!!