Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

myfootballclub.co.uk

Have you all seen this?

A website is trying to get 50,000 football fans to register (they are currently at about 42,000).

Once they have 50,000, each member will pay £35 and with that money they are going to go out and buy a lower league club, which the members will vote on. From here, there will be no manger, just a head coach who will give video streams on how the players are doing in training etc, and the members will vote on everything from team selection to tactics, to kit maufacturers etc. It''s real life champo...

I''m not sure I''d be too happy if Norwich was taken over in this kind of way, but in a totally hypercritical way, I''m keen to give it a go... They say that ther will be much more interest and therefore extra money coming into the club (I suppose they''ll have 50,000 new fans...), an interesting social experiment I guess.

The site is at www.myfootballclub.co.uk there are pretty comprehensive details of their plans on the site... 

[quote user="All in yellow"]

Have you all seen this?

A website is trying to get 50,000 football fans to register (they are currently at about 42,000).

Once they have 50,000, each member will pay £35 and with that money they are going to go out and buy a lower league club, which the members will vote on. From here, there will be no manger, just a head coach who will give video streams on how the players are doing in training etc, and the members will vote on everything from team selection to tactics, to kit maufacturers etc. It''s real life champo...

I''m not sure I''d be too happy if Norwich was taken over in this kind of way, but in a totally hypercritical way, I''m keen to give it a go... They say that ther will be much more interest and therefore extra money coming into the club (I suppose they''ll have 50,000 new fans...), an interesting social experiment I guess.

The site is at www.myfootballclub.co.uk there are pretty comprehensive details of their plans on the site... 

[/quote]

its a laughable idea... the fans are all going to cough up enough money to buy a midfielder for a million quid are they?

It will be ok until the players decide they want their wages....

jas :)

i think its a good idea but imagine if it was your team that got taken over and what players are going to want to go to a team run by 50,000 people from the internet. I am going to join it just because i think it will be good and its only £35 and with only around 8000 more people to register it won''t be long before the takeover starts.

As Vince has shown i brought this up a while back when i registered (only around 6,000 registered at the time) and yes many were rightly sceptical at the time but its really starting to take off now with several big name sponsors announced such as ''EA Sports'' which could be very lucrative deals.. its an excellent idea, one with the right and proper legal backings and if it all goes wrong at the end of the day its only £35 isnt it?

Like i say its perhaps a novelty idea but one where the fans can truly have theyre say and at £35 i think its a bargain

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="All in yellow"]

Have you all seen this?

[/quote]

its a laughable idea... the fans are all going to cough up enough money to buy a midfielder for a million quid are they?

[/quote]I don''t quite think you''ve got the idea of it right... its £35 a year and the players wage are covered the same as any other club by its standard routes of income e.g. gate reciepts, I doubt Delia coughs up everytime a wage bill is due. I think it could work well for a club like Cambridge where nearly £2 million a year would mean alot, Leeds are top but they won''t win it simply because their finances are a complete mess.

Call me cynical, but it has the makings of a lucrative scam for some unscrupulous git....

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="All in yellow"]

Have you all seen this?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t quite think you''ve got the idea of it right... its £35 a year and the players wage are covered the same as any other club by its standard routes of income e.g. gate reciepts, I doubt Delia coughs up everytime a wage bill is due. I think it could work well for a club like Cambridge where nearly £2 million a year would mean alot, Leeds are top but they won''t win it simply because their finances are a complete mess.
[/quote]

so gate receipts will cover Wages, goal bonuses, signing on fees, assist fees, clean sheet bonuses, medical treatment, player insurance, stadium insurance, policing, stewarding, non playing staff, admin staff, travel for the team, signing new players, Agents fees, flood light costs, pitch maintenence, buying stock for the club shop... theres so many more i could list.

somehow i doubt 2000 fans a week and £35 a year from 50,000 people will cover it do u?

as herb says its all a clever marketing ploy for some fame seeking wannabe wanting his 5 minutes of fame.. he''ll disapear in 12 months when he realises he cant afford to bank roll it himself.

The other failing point of this concept is that if you as a paying individual want player ''x'' but 49,999 others want player ''y'', there is nothing you can do about it.

Your voice amongst 50,000 will prove to be silent, even if a few thousand agree with you. This idea does not give the individual any real say at all. 

Just to let you know... the site has now got the required amount of registrations with the money now being collected with 4 clubs already interested in being takenover by the site (1 league 2 club and 3 conference ones)

Ive signed and paid and under the username of ''philontour'' if theres any others on this site that have registered?

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

i would love to do that!

but being 15 i dont have that money 2 waste .... shame

[/quote]

Same here.... "Dad?..."

[:D]

Just had a quick browse. This guy who''s set it up is now £397,882.50 richer!! What a scamster - £7.50 per registration goes to ''administration''... more like sitting on his ass for the next few years phoning a few footy clubs!!!

anyone who cant see through this as someone rying to get their name in the paper before scarpering with the cash is pretty stupid! ur just paying for this guy to give up work and live the life....

I thought about doing a similar idea ages ago, Only problems were I was 20 and had no idea about going about buying a club, I also knew it wouldn''t work unless I bought some non-league/conference club. Of course, if I had tried it, it would probably have been as successful as his idea. Never thought about the admin fee though, nice little scam that.

No doubt he''ll say "After months of work we struggled to find a football club, therefore most of your money will be refunded, apart from the £7.00 that you paid for admin fees. Sorry for any inconvienance caused.