Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Grant Is 100% Right On New Signings!

Okay, lets get this out of the way first. Sharp won''t be coming here, nor Eastwood by the looks of it. I for one rejoice in that good news, others will see this as a lack of ambition by the club, however, I don''t!.

Let me try to explain:

Who ever gets these two Herberts should realise that they will be very heavily marked, even become targets for the old heavy duty challenges during any game in the Championship. Also having one ''star'' in the side dictates a team''s tactics to suit that star.

This is why I''m pleased that Grant appears at the moment to shun the one ''mega money'' signing just to shut ''certain'' fans up!.

We had this with Ashton and Earnshaw, neither of which did us any good (other than financial) in the long term. This is what Peter was going on about when he said his ''eggs in one basket'' quote. When we got promoted, our team was quite ordinary on paper (Hucks was a special case and he didn''t join us permantly until late December of that year)

But we played as a team back then. And thats what Granty wants and demands now.

And for that alone he deserves respect and our support ............he''s got mine, what about you?.[:D]

Hes always had mine. The board dont-they have failed us badly for 3 years, and i cant forget that. We dont all do u-turns to get attention. Its you i fail to have respect for. More attention seeking new threads { how manys that now? }, how the mods let you get away with it is beyond me.

Spot on wiz, look back to our championship winning side, apart from hux, who was only 1 million, in the end we had no big expensive signings, just a very good team. Ultimately that is what will win you games consistantly, not the individual players, but a team that gels together well and has plently of cover for when things do go wrong.

I completely agree with the above Mr Wiz.

To be honest, the year we got premoted, I would probably say it was one of the weakest sides we had fielded for years. At the start of the season we were relying on players such as Rivers to get us the goals. The thing is though, he actually did bring them home. The reason being, we played as a team.We dominated games with fluent passing football and battled hard in midfield, were solid in defence. Carrow Road was simply a fortress and the team had confidence in themselves and each other. All the above has been missing since we dropped down and out of the Premiership, but Grant seems to be bringing it back.

So all in all;

PETER GRANTS BARMY ARMY!!!....

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]More attention seeking new threads { how manys that now? }, how the mods let you get away with it is beyond me.[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe Wayne, its because I''ve tried to cut down on the very personal attacks on posters like like you''ve just done here. Other posters seem to be able to answer with resorting to that.

I asked a very fair, polite question, and its you who couldn''t leave out the personal stuff..................how the mods lets you get away it is beyond me!.   [:@]

Spot on Wiz....perfectly put. When City and Palace got relegated, both clubs seemed to assume that with Ashton and Johnson they would stroll the division. We all know it takes more than a good goal-scorer to be successful in this league. You only need to look at the likes of Reading and Watford to see that the key to promotion is getting a team that gels and plays for eachother

nice one WIZ!!!

I''m worried though, you normally moan about the manager and the board?

I totally agree and team is better than an individual. I''m also glad that the ''DEAD WOOD'' has mostly gone. Players like Thorne, McVeigh, Henderson etc .. (IMO)

We still need two more players. I think a better defender than the Doc, to play next to shacks. And ethier another striker if Cureton gets injured or another Midfielder if Etuhu or Safri leave.

Roll on the new season, come on we CAN Do it!!! Why not weve done it B4?

Cheers All

As we saw from Colchester last year you dont have to spend a fortune to be successful; its  as much about team spirit and desire to win;  only time will tell whether that feature of our champs team can be rebuilt this season;   hopefully the new guys will come with that hunger and re-energise the talent that was already in our squad.

Now for a few defenders,  a creative midfielder and a striker and its all systems go...  

Absolutely Wiz. You may also remember the glory years culminating in the European adventure when we reached third in the league and led it until early April. Not a single so called "star" then, just a well crafted group of players who gelled exteremely well and knew what they were doing.

For too long recently Norwich teams have been less than the sum of their parts, other teams are better together than individually. That''s one key reason why we have struggled recently despite some so called bigger names joining. That obsession with celebrity should be replaced by an obsession with innate ability and team dynamics which is where Grant appears to be heading.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]More attention seeking new threads { how manys that now? }, how the mods let you get away with it is beyond me.[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe Wayne, its because I''ve tried to cut down on the very personal attacks on posters like like you''ve just done here. Other posters seem to be able to answer with resorting to that.

I asked a very fair, polite question, and its you who couldn''t leave out the personal stuff..................how the mods lets you get away it is beyond me!.   [:@]

[/quote]

Ive always said that im backing the team and PG something Wiz hasnt always done. I think it depends on what day it is or whether the postman was late today.

Yet another "look at me" thread by wiz.

Cant believe how easily people on here have fallen for his massive 24 hour change, to me its pathetic.

You say about Wayne making things personal yet since your u-turn last friday you have made a hell of a lot of personal digs at Arthur and co including me. I refuse to take any of your posts seriously anymore.

Your trademark was personal stuff so for you to turn this onto others is beyond belief.

From now on im just ignoring your threads and im sure a lot of others will follow because whether your pro or anti surely you can see through Wizs little games he plays, playing people off against each other then looking for a pat on the back. You seem to go with whatever the majority say and then make a big speach as if your prime minister.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Ive always said that im backing the team and PG something Wiz hasnt always done. I think it depends on what day it is or whether the postman was late today.

Yet another "look at me" thread by wiz.

Cant believe how easily people on here have fallen for his massive 24 hour change, to me its pathetic.

You say about Wayne making things personal yet since your u-turn last friday you have made a hell of a lot of personal digs at Arthur and co including me. I refuse to take any of your posts seriously anymore.

Your trademark was personal stuff so for you to turn this onto others is beyond belief.

From now on im just ignoring your threads and im sure a lot of others will follow because whether your pro or anti surely you can see through Wizs little games he plays, playing people off against each other then looking for a pat on the back. You seem to go with whatever the majority say and then make a big speach as if your prime minister.

[/quote]I don''t understand this "look at me business."  Wiz is making  an observation. A football observation, about Norwich and the manager''s new signings. You can agree with it or not. If that''s not what this board is for, then i don''t know what it is for.

Grant has had my support from the start and continues to. We all know he took on a crocked squad and to be honest staying up was an achievement with squad morale as it was, injuries, fans unhappy etc.

I have always said that I would judge him round Chrismas time, when some suggest a full scale protest will be on the cards, I hope thats not the case and we will be sitting high up in the League by then. Nobody knows, we`ll soon find out.

The team that got promoted was a proper "team", Worthy`s biggest mistake was breaking it up, he should have kept what we had and added a bit of quality,not got rid of Malky Iwan etc. He ripped the heart out of the squad. We can not be a team of superstars as things stand so it follows we must be a team of hard working, well motivated players who have a team spirit and a number of genuine leaders within it. That I suppose is my worry.When Malky went we didnt lose a superstar, far from it, but we did lose an inspirational natural leader. There is another post on here about who will be captain next season, nobody leaps out as an obvious choice. That for me is a big worry.

The sort of team you describe Wiz and I hope for must have natural leaders, thank god Dion is there but who else can take on that role.

I''m happy with the way things are progressing too Mr Wizard and yes he has my respect and has had ever since I met him and realised what a passionate guy he is.

One or two defeats early in the season and Wiz will be calling for Grants head the Board to be sacked and saying all the new signings are crap , thats just how he is forever changing .

Remember guys football and debate go hand in had.

Mr Wizard''s comments were spot on and cant really be faulted.

Give him a break, he''s eaten humble pie and has spoke some very wise words.

I will never forget the wiz''s hex''s to make Norwich Lose so they would win. The debate and controversy those bad boy hex''s caused was excellent.

Come on you yella''s

Now a bad boy defender who eats players like Sharp for breakie

[quote user="Millo"]

From now on im just ignoring your threads and im sure a lot of others will follo.

[/quote]

Okay, I''m relieved you''re ignoring my theads from now on Millo, frankly you''ve spend more time attacking me than actually contributing to a theme.

And yet again you''re one of the few posters who can''t seem to grasp I''ve only had a ''pop'' at people who''ve started on me first! in general I try never to attack fellow posters.

Fortunatly, these boards are blessed with far more open minded posters than your goodself  (just read 98% of the replies to this thread for proof of that!) I write for them, thats what matters, not petty point scoring.

If we''e lucky we might just survive your boycott of my threads, after all, we''ve done pretty well up to now!.

As a foregner (norwegan) I love that Grant is looking oute side UK, to meny players there are over prised, hope he finds the right player dont know them,

The onely think Im disepointet over is that we yoused so much on Cureton he is old, probably a great player but not a player for the future.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay, lets get this out of the way first. Sharp won''t be coming here, nor Eastwood by the looks of it. I for one rejoice in that good news, others will see this as a lack of ambition by the club, however, I don''t!.

Let me try to explain:

Who ever gets these two Herberts should realise that they will be very heavily marked, even become targets for the old heavy duty challenges during any game in the Championship. Also having one ''star'' in the side dictates a team''s tactics to suit that star.

This is why I''m pleased that Grant appears at the moment to shun the one ''mega money'' signing just to shut ''certain'' fans up!.

We had this with Ashton and Earnshaw, neither of which did us any good (other than financial) in the long term. This is what Peter was going on about when he said his ''eggs in one basket'' quote. When we got promoted, our team was quite ordinary on paper (Hucks was a special case and he didn''t join us permantly until late December of that year)

But we played as a team back then. And thats what Granty wants and demands now.

And for that alone he deserves respect and our support ............he''s got mine, what about you?.[:D]

[/quote]

I take your point Wiz but as yet none of the players have kicked a ball yet so we dont really know what we''ve got.They could as yet turn out to be Thornes. As for Grant shunning the one big money signing, im sure it hasnt past your mind that Grant has tried to sign both the ''''Herberts'''' you mentioned and plus more in the same value bracket so i dont think he is shunning them do you? Maybe picking up the left overs. Im sure Grant wants Norwich to play as a team but what suggests that by having an Earnshaw/Sharp in your team stops that. We all know that if Grant could have Earnie here now he would bite your bloody arm off

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Millo"]

From now on im just ignoring your threads and im sure a lot of others will follo.

[/quote]

Okay, I''m relieved you''re ignoring my theads from now on Millo, frankly you''ve spend more time attacking me than actually contributing to a theme.

And yet again you''re one of the few posters who can''t seem to grasp I''ve only had a ''pop'' at people who''ve started on me first! in general I try never to attack fellow posters.

Fortunatly, these boards are blessed with far more open minded posters than your goodself  (just read 98% of the replies to this thread for proof of that!) I write for them, thats what matters, not petty point scoring.

If we''e lucky we might just survive your boycott of my threads, after all, we''ve done pretty well up to now!.

[/quote]

You used to spend all your time posting threads about how much you disliked Delia and Grant so your a fine one to talk.If anyone has the time go through the last month or so''s archives and remind yourself exactly what wiz has said. As for people being open minded i hope you have excluded yourself from this. "I write for them," oh how grateful we are oh mighty one. Yet more proof of your attention seeking.

Cheers Millo, i may join you in ignoring the man with more faces than big ben.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im all for an open mind Wiz my friend but it is a little silly the way you chop and change your opinions. Would i get away with it if i said im a City fan today but tomorrow i might be Man u or Chelsea? You see the amount of times you change your stance actually gets you no were in life apart from going back to square one. Maybe you should enter politics mate. I can never understand what side of the fence politicians sit on.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Maybe you should enter politics mate. I can never understand what side of the fence politicians sit on.[/quote]

Now there''s an idea my friend![;)].

Seriously Arthur, can I take this opportunity to thank you for answering my original question on this thread earlier, like most of the other replies, it was a polite, informative and thought provoking.

Thank you.

I would agree but for the fact that we did bid for Eastwood and Sharp, they chose not to come here rather than PG deciding he did not want them. I fully support PG and I agree it could be a blessing in disguise that the two aformentioned individuals did not come to CR as it gives us more money to strenghten the team with hopefully a little left over for my new plastic seat[:D]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I would agree but for the fact that we did bid for Eastwood and Sharp, they chose not to come here rather than PG deciding he did not want them. I fully support PG and I agree it could be a blessing in disguise that the two aformentioned individuals did not come to CR as it gives us more money to strenghten the team with hopefully a little left over for my new plastic seat[:D][/quote]

LoL - you are obsessed with your moldy yellow seat!

[quote user="Olano"]

As a foregner (norwegan) I love that Grant is looking oute side UK, to meny players there are over prised, hope he finds the right player dont know them,

The onely think Im disepointet over is that we yoused so much on Cureton he is old, probably a great player but not a player for the future.

[/quote]

Hi Olano, its nice to see you over here for a change, yes, I accept Jamie''s not so young now, but he''s way off from being finished.

If he helps us get up and manages a year or two in the Prem, I suspect he, and us, will be very happy with  that. I know I will!.

Hooray! its bring wiz''s old posts back time.

Despite claims by some of  the more sadder chaps on here of me being a joke etc, all of which I can take by the way! many still seem to still have a wizard fixation.

And so you bloody well should!.[:D][:D]

Hahahaha

Lol it''s hilarious how one little naive fan can go from one extreme to the other in a matter of weeks or several games latter, it just goes to show that he doesn''t have a clue, if your going to go back on everything you have said then you should have atleast given it more time so Grant was well and truely the wrong man for Norwich City unlike at this stage of the season where it''s still unproven either way, and I don''t care what any of you say because it is.

[quote user="ncfc1"]One or two defeats early in the season and Wiz will be calling for Grants head the Board to be sacked and saying all the new signings are crap , thats just how he is forever changing .[/quote]

As if!!! [;)]

Anyway, I''m more concerned with whether SOB ever actually got his shiny new seat???

Cureton will still come good if we give him chances and he plays closer to his strike partner whoever he is! He looked the best striker in this division last year!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]One or two defeats early in the season and Wiz will be calling for Grants head the Board to be sacked and saying all the new signings are crap , thats just how he is forever changing .[/quote]

As if!!! [;)]

Anyway, I''m more concerned with whether SOB ever actually got his shiny new seat???

[/quote]

ROFL [:D] 1st Sciz at it again. And again. And again ... AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN.....