Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Why the Username?

Often wondered what is behind people''s username.  There are some quite interesting ones on here.  There are often posts about the people behind the usernames, but why the name?

norfolkbroadslim - norfolk is an area that I love, the broad as in the norfolk broads and slim is a bit of a rip off from fat boy slim i.e. broad slim.

This great idea norolk broads deserves a reply so here goes:

1st wizard:

Is a superb character in my favourite fantasy novel (after Lord of the Rings of course) he appears in all the 9 books saga of ''The Sword of Truth'' serious by Terry Goodkind. The first book  is called ''Wizards First Rule'' by the way.

Wizard Zeddicus Zorrender or ''Zed'' for short, is a wizard of the 1st order ie. the top wizard. And the main theme of the novels I guess is him teaching Richard Rahl, his ''gifted'' grandson, the art of magic. But of course there are a million sub plots!.

It gets really complicated, so I''ll stop there!.

So there it is really, pretty sad really unless you love adult fantasy novels like I do.................and no, I don''t include Harry ruddy Potter in that list..................although the movies are a hoot!.[:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Often wondered what is behind people''s username.  There are some quite interesting ones on here.  There are often posts about the people behind the usernames, but why the name?

norfolkbroadslim - norfolk is an area that I love, the broad as in the norfolk broads and slim is a bit of a rip off from fat boy slim i.e. broad slim.

[/quote]

Just what some people call me from using my surname. Nothing that interesting mate, but im sure there are some.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Is a superb character in my favourite fantasy novel (after Lord of the Rings of course) he appears in all the 9 books saga of ''The Sword of Truth'' serious by Terry Goodkind.[/quote]Excellent series Wiz, although the last couple of books have been somewhat disappointing and haven''t lived up to the earlier quality.But onto the question itself.As most can probably guess, it''s a parody on "Indiana Jones", which normally gets shortened down to "Indy Jones", but as he''s an Archaelogist, I put Bones instead of Jones, hence "Indy Bones".Been using this for about 7 years now (since discovering Counter-Strike) and it''s my usual online gamertag as well.

It is where I come live now, simple as that, before that it was where I lived in London and before that I had the name of Barclay end boy right at the start but as I said on another post I could not get logged back on.

I could think of a good user name, but I''m far too lazy for that.

Wanted something simple, so as I am from Manchester, which is pretty Northern from Norwich, I thought I would choose Northern, then Canary as I am quite a fan of that team. Interesting...

I demolished 2 sheds by accident when in my first year in the army. Has stuck with me ever since.

For scoring THAT goal in the Milk Cup semi against Ipswich, Steve Bruce was gifted a car from a local main dealer.

Top of the range Merc, a Porsche, hot hatch? Hardly..... It was a bottom of the range Fiat Strada in a colour which can only be described as "Flesh". Well in the same way an elastoplast is flesh coloured if you''re a Thunderbirds puppet anyway.

And to think I had you down as Mustrum Ridicully, Wiz.7rew is 2 steps removed from my name.  Type it while holding the shift key.God I''m geeky.I use it on all forums/online games (or 7rewotbc if its too short) and have done for about 8 years.  I am the one and only!

Mine was created during Rick Waghorn''s attack on Citizen Journalism, when he incorrectly backed Nigel Worthington to the detriment of the club.  He lashed out at Citizen Journalists who thought Andy Hughes and co were crap based on what other teams fans had said about them and performances on the pitch, dissing Worthingtons faultering management, dissing players like Carl Robinson and Andy Gray before they even arrived (or not) and beleiving the rumour mill - funny how I find out about signings quicker from the message boards than in the local press - you just have to know who to believe.

Now he is a citizen journalist! 

Many on here called him Faghorn (being polite), I called him Foghorn - then adopted the name!

love that Two Sheds - didnt realise that was the reason!

At the risk of boring those who have been on here for the last ... years mine is a the nick name my daughter gave her favourite player Paul McVeigh when she saw him play (he was thinner and quickler then) when we beat, I think, Huddersfield 4-0 in her first game.  The leftfoot was my addition as he only ever stood on it why passing only with his right boot.   

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Really simple mine,i catch lobsters[/quote]

Somebody told me you caught crabs at first...

..Outside the Shannocks in Sheringham. [;)]

Ken Aries sounds like Canaries if you say it quickly enough - as in The Canaries. A little bit corny, I know, but never mind!

Like that one Ken, I''m far too Fick to think that was the Canaries, I might have to steal that for my new identity.............

Polar, dogs name, looked like a polar bear when he was a puppy and the 1990 is my year of birth

I was going to use "Bingo" which has been my ''unofficial'' name for the last 4 years ever since the lads saw me leaving Liquid one night with ''2 fat ladies''.

However I''m obviously keen to move past that whole unfortunate episode and therefore am rebranding myself as the wholly uninspiring Stevo

[quote user="Stevo"]I was going to use "Bingo" which has been my ''unofficial'' name for the last 4 years ever since the lads saw me leaving Liquid one night with ''2 fat ladies''. However I''m obviously keen to move past that whole unfortunate episode and therefore am rebranding myself as the wholly uninspiring Stevo[/quote]

haha!

Mine is simpy a star wars reference, shorted for making as few keyboard strokes (haha - I said "strokes") as possible...

[quote user="7rew"]And to think I had you down as Mustrum Ridicully, Wiz.

[/quote]

Actually 7rew, I DO have a large Pratchet collection too mate, ''Soul Music'' being my top choice. Mrs Wiz reckons I inspired his ''Stupid Bloody Johnson'' character, although I don''t see it![:D]

Indy Bones:

I expect you know this already but the last book ever in the series entitled ''Confessor'' is due out soon.......I can''t wait.

Many apologies for butting in on this thread chaps.[:$]

I am an NCFC steward and when the safety announcement comes over with reference to " Mister Carrow  is in the ( whatever ) stand "  the supporters look at you ( for some reason - obviously awaiting further instructions ). I normally stand to attention and salute them, usually gets a laugh !

August 64 commemorates a match aginst Swansea that I attended with my father and grandfather - both season ticket holders as were my mother and grandmother.  I was very young at the time I should stress!  We all went to every game but didn''t stand/sit in the same parts of the ground.  All 3 generations next came together at Watford for the Championship winning match.

My name comes from playing cricket for team/with friends

It''s two parts, and relates to the two types of bowling i do:

Hog - Comes from Hoggard (Matthew) Swing Bowler, Primary bowl.

Esar - Comes from Panesar (monty) Slow left arm, secondary bowl 

WOOP [:D]

Bergholt Stuttley Johnson is one of my two favourite characters never to feature in a novel - the other being General Tacticus.personally I''m a big fan of Going Postal.Pratchett rules.