Sign in to follow this  
Scum Buster!!!

Peter Crouch

My m8 who lives in birmingham and a villa supporter seems to think that he heard if we get promoted then a fee has already been agreed by villa to bring him to norwich!!!

I''ve heard this but also heard O''Leary is trying to renegue on the verbal agreement as Crouch has been playing so well.

I must say I don''t believe this at all. I hope it''s true, but it reminds me of that "Hollywood" gossip (the kind you get just before a film comes out, involving the male and female lead roles).

Just because he played for us once, the gossip-mongers put two and two together and usually get five.

It''s more than that but without wishing to be a ''good source'' tart can''t elaborate.

If PC is playing so well, you still have to question why he has only had a couple of starts since returning there. (His starts coincided with Angel being injured, I believe, and now he''s back to coming on sometimes as sub just for a short time if he''s lucky. I still don''t think D O''L thinks he''s really what they want there...so, fingers crossed!)

its unlikely its sorted now. as worthy has said,we arent promoted yet.i''m sure if we came knocking he wouldnt say no so there is little need to try and get him now

I''ve got to say I''m with Mook here. Just because he came in on loan and did well I think the rumours are flying that he''ll come back. Even when he was here we were quoted at £2M. That''s a lot of money to spend on 1 player, even when we do go up

I''m not sure if Worthy would sign him if we went up, as DD said £2M is a lot of money, then theres his wages.

I think Worthy might do a Sam Allerdyce, cheap/bosman players on short contracts, with most of the money being spent on player wages that we could off load if we went down again. If Bolton went down, it wouldn''t be hard to find someone to take Okacha off their hands.

Come on Butch if you are that sure, some sort of hint to you source is required; otherwise this just goes down the Carl Cort thread.

He''s not the only one who knows it''s true.I notice Crouchy came on against Wolves on Saturday though.

what, along with Sir Sutton coming home if we go up, Bergkamp having one last hurrah with us if we go up, Manu Petit coming here if we go up, Nicky Butt coming here if we go up, Robert Huth and Jesper Gronkjaer probably coming here if we go up and Michael Dawson maybe perhaps (saw him in Norwich cash n carry so it must be true!) IF WE GO UP?????????

yes, it''d all be lovely if it happens, but these kinds of speculative threads (as exciting as they may be) tend to detract from the fact it''s still not a foregone conclusion we''ll get promoted, and we should be getting behind the lads who are out there doing the job now, not getting all lathered up over a bunch of premiership bench-warmers who may or may not be coming to replace them...

hate to be a killjoy, but i''m all ratty from still having Cardiff Flu and if i see another ''Our Team Next Season'' type thread, i might just kick the computer monitor in... :|