Sign in to follow this  
Jersey canary

Robbie Fowler

£75,000 a week.

No thanks. Everything should now be going into bringing Freddie here.

£75,000 - i think that is a bit of a joke

Obviously not going to pay him that much - would imagine he was only on £25,000 -£40,000 a week (at the most) at Liverpool -  the trick would be to put clauses in contract regarding goals and promotion

He is a proven goal scorer and has played for big teams 

He states in his autobiography (when we were linked with him before and worthy dismissed his enthusiasm) "why would i want to go to a sh!t club like norwich" or something.. and why would he?

Yeah read that as well, but worthy hardly paid him a compliment did he?

People can change and have a change of opinion, even seen it on these boards, once before

[quote user="Jersey canary"]

£75,000 - i think that is a bit of a joke

Obviously not going to pay him that much - would imagine he was only on £25,000 -£40,000 a week (at the most) at Liverpool -  the trick would be to put clauses in contract regarding goals and promotion

He is a proven goal scorer and has played for big teams 

[/quote]

No joke, I''m his agent. Robert (as I like to call him) has expressly requested such a wage packet if his new club involves some kind of honorary demotion of his status as the best left-footed striker in the world.

Simple - because he''s a s*** football player. I dont want someone here that looks like he could do with a wheelchair to be more mobile thankyou

he''s old, hes fat, his legs have gone to shat Robbie F, Robbie F.

we couldn''t afford to pay him for 30 seconds worth of work!

jas :)

Err yes can see your point, football is not all about pace its about technique, I remember watching a very dull champions league semi final 2nd leg at anfield, the only one true moment of genius was a pass in the dying seconds by the aforementioned player, which was fluffed by his striking partner - i can except questions about wages - but to say this guy is s*** (as u put it) is a complete joke!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Jersey - £75k for one good pass still seems a tad expensive to me, think how many plastic seats that would buy!!

[/quote]

12?

If we want to take a gamble on buying strikers for next to nothing then Francis Jeffers and Cureton to play alongside Earnie... plus how about putting a combined bid of approaching £2million in for Riordan and Marshall?

We could of had all of those players for the silly money we were prepared to spend on Billy Sharp and would only be a defender or two off having a real shot at going for promotion as Champions!!!

Also why are we not knocking the Marshall transfer on the head unless we are prepared to pay a bit more for him?

There are plenty of good keepers about... What happened to our interest in Neil Alexander?  Richard Wright also available on a free (and we bloody sign Gilks) and Villa''s Stuart Taylor is also apparently available for around £500k

[quote user="Smudger"]

If we want to take a gamble on buying strikers for next to nothing then Francis Jeffers and Cureton to play alongside Earnie... plus how about putting a combined bid of approaching £2million in for Riordan and Marshall?

We could of had all of those players for the silly money we were prepared to spend on Billy Sharp and would only be a defender or two off having a real shot at going for promotion as Champions!!!

Also why are we not knocking the Marshall transfer on the head unless we are prepared to pay a bit more for him?

There are plenty of good keepers about... What happened to our interest in Neil Alexander?  Richard Wright also available on a free (and we bloody sign Gilks) and Villa''s Stuart Taylor is also apparently available for around £500k

[/quote]

Firstly, I was someone who originally liked the idea of us scuppering Town''s bid for Franny. But then I looked at his record. He hasn''t played many games, or scored many goals considering he''s now 27.

Bizarrely though, I had the exact same ''£2m for Riordan and Marshall thought'' about an hour ago. Not sure how keen Derek is on a move, but according to the Celtic website he made 6 appearances last season scoring 4 goals.

If we could get these two for that deal, or something approaching what we offered for Sharp, then I would be a very happy boy (and probably producing a couple of unhappy Bhoys).

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Taylor and Wright.. 2 shockingly bad goalkeepers! i''ll stick with Gilks, who has yet to feature at this level.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Taylor and Wright.. 2 shockingly bad goalkeepers! i''ll stick with Gilks, who has yet to feature at this level.

[/quote]

Two shockingly bad keepers with Premiership experience who have also been on the fringes of international call up''s as opposed to a guy who has mixed reviews playing for the mighty Rochdale???

Makes pure sense to me that theory JAS!!!

[quote user="Jersey canary"]Why bother posting a reply bly  - or was that an attempt at humour?[/quote]

I see it bothered you enough to respond though, Jersey.

Just a silly response to an equally silly suggestion.

Both are fat and past it. Just that one doesn''t know his time is up.

OTBC