Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

NORWICH 07-08 Team...

Marshall (Gilks)                             

Otsemebor (Hughes)     Shackell   Docherty      Drury (Lappin) 

Croft (Chadwick)         Safri            Ethut          Huckerby                 

Earnshaw (Martins)     Cureton (Brown)

BENCH: Dublin, Fozzy, Colin, Gallagher, ( ) = cover

LOAN OUT: Lewis, Jarvis anybody surples to requirements

Now looking at that (if we got Cureton & Marshall) we would only need a good central defender and central midfielder to have a strong team??

[quote user="Smudger"]You mean an average team with plenty of c**p in reserve surely???[/quote]

Typical. I wouldn''t say that Martin on the bench is rubbish! Or Lappin! Infact if we get Marshall I would not say that Gilks is bad either.

Just another rash unsubstanciated comment about a persistant non-supporter.

This is basically the team which finished 16th laast season,

Without significant improvement there is no reason to think that we would finish any higher next season....and that means more than two lower divison bosman signings !!

[quote user="Smudger"]You mean an average team with plenty of c**p in reserve surely???[/quote]

Sadly I have to agree. A front 2 of Cureton & Earnie ain''t gonna work. Hux on the left leaves us too exposed down that side and the 2 centre halfs are the same 2 who haven''t been good enough for the last 2 seasons. With the personel we have I would change the system and play

Gilks

Dublin                     Shackell                  Dury

Otsemebor                             Safri                          Etuhu                     Lappin

Hux

Earnie                                       Martin

This is the only way to fit Hux and Earnie in the team and not lave us to exposed at the back. Drury already seems to play as a 3rd centre bck half the time anyway and at least he has the pace to provide a bit of cover there.

What happens when Safri goes to Africa for his mid season holls? We''re in a mess unless we get more players in.

What do you suggest we do? You''ve already told us that we have no money...

Shouldn''t we look at what we have at our disposal?

Earnshaw is still here, thats 20+ goals (injury free)

We have one of the best left sides in the league (Huckerby & Drury, Lappins is good enough cover)

Some great potential in both Shackell & Martins.

Competition for the right wing in Croft, Chadwick & even Hughes.

With two or three good signings (centrally) I think this is a good Norwich team.

We''re not going to win the league but we should be up there...