Sign in to follow this  
ricky

GREAT HONOUR !

I felt it a great honour to see in 25 years as a City fan in my opinion the best performance by a player in a city shirt. I am not ashamed to admit tears were in my eyes after the game. Never thought i would feel as gutted about a player going but all you can say we had Hucks for 3 months and he left us with some great memories. It might have been easier for us fans if he had a bad game but he was 1st class on the day and ill never forget it. Like a fool till he moves to another club i will keep a little hope alive he may return but in reality that is very slim. So now Hucks has gone i do so hope Mckenzie and who ever will partner him can sustain our position at the top. On yesterdays performance must admit Hucks looked like a gamble worth taking but not to be so i bet the board must now be sweatting and praying that who ever we have left gets us to where we want to be because it could be very costly if we dont get there. ON THE BALL CITY!

i just cant belive how quick 3 months can go!
I wanna see us premoted this season get the cash and buy hucks n crouch.
ITs a pitty Nielsen had to go.
Ive never approved of Abbey that much but hes ok, and Roberts is getting out of his time. Im just hoping Mckenzie can do the stuff or whats our strickeforce going to be?

AJ i agree with you, i dont think Abbey is the answer. I am concerned about our strikeforce but really hope Mkenzie comes off. Would be a disaster to throw it all away now.

I thought DH was exceptional yesterday, but just in case Darren Eadie is reading this board - don''t worry Speedy - you''re just that little bit better!! And he was one of us too...

sorry mook, i was perhaps once, one of darren eadie''s greatest fans, and yes, he was magnificent, but he was here a long, long time. Sorry, but after yesterday i cannot remember a player better than hucks who has ever worn our shirt, certainly not in a forward role anyway

he was simply first class, and to anyone who says he is not premiership class, you were not there to witness it.

Craig Bellamy, Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Iwan Roberts, Robert Fleck, Kevin Drinkell, Ted MacDougal, John Deehan, Percy Varco.

DH only scored 5 goals at £100,000 per goal!

"DH only scored 5 goals at £100,000 per goal!"

And what about all the goals he created? Please give the guy credit - he couldn''t really have done more for us. Name another striker in the First Division capable of scoring totally individual goals like Hux can. With him and Crouch, we now know what a mobile, intelligent, committed and skilful strikeforce looks like, particularly with McVeigh as a playmaker. How long since we could say that? And we needed someone like that for our kids, Henderson and Jarvis, to measure themselves against. Really, Nielsen, Robbo (prior to Saturday, anyway!) and Abbey weren''t good role models. I really hope we can bring him in, and keep him fit and on the boil like he was on Saturday, but we''d need to do all three of those things, and that''s the big risk for me bearing in mind the investment needed. I admit it''s tempting to take it, after Saturday, though...

agreed old boy, i don''t think there would be any trouble keeping the guy motivated, he has found his home, as someone somewhere else said, (think it was on TV) how gutted he must be, knowing we all want him so much.

Please take a look at either WOTB or ncfc-fans.co.uk/yoursay for a post detailing what Hucks wants. Yeah, only a rumour, but probably has a lot of truth in it. He is not after 20k a week, he wants to stay here.

Please, please, doomcaster and co, make it happen.

Looking back to Nielsen, imagine a front line of him and Huckerby. Those two could have caused mayhem in any defence!