Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Inside Track' by The Imposter.

Whilst we while away the time waiting to pay a transfer fee this summer...............I give you.......

From dodgy rumours:

I''ve recently landed a new job at Norwich City FC working in the Marketing and Franchise as a PA and so have had unprecedented access to transfer goings on down at Carrow Road. There is a lot of activity going on at Carrow Road at the minute and Peter Grant and BRyan Gunn are right in the thick of it. The couple of players that Peter Grant desperatley wants are David Marshall from Celtic and Billy Sharp from Scunthorpe, Grant is confident of securing both, especially after Sharp was very impressed by what he saw on his trip last week. It is strongly believed by the management staff that Sharp is merely speaking to Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves as an act of polite courtesy, and also these two clubs have yet to match Scunthorpe''s valuation so Norwich seems Sharp''s likely destination. With regards to Marshall, it seems Celtic are holding out for a bid believed to be in the region of £750, 000 which Norwich appear to have now matched, expect Marshall to be concluded by Friday and unveiled alongside Sharp at a Friday afternoon press conference. The other player that Grant is keen to add to his squad is Mansfield Town centre back Alex John–Baptise who is rated at around £500, 000. Alongside Baptise, Grant will add 1 more permanent signing and also a loan signing. The targets are midfielders and the strong favourites are Kris Commons from Nottingham Forest and also young Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida. Arsenal remain on good terms with Norwich as a result of ex Norwich manager Nigel Worthington''s close friendship with Arsenal assistant manager Pat Rice. This aquaintance now looks to pay dividends for Norwich who have contacted Arsene Wenger about the possiblity of taking his next starlet on loan and have received positive response from the Arsenal manager.

Informer or Imposter?

OTBC

Bly, don''t know about you, but anyone in a position as PA (if this were true)  would NOT release confidential information, whether on a website or not.  So I can safely say this is just the latest in a long line of complete and utter make believe.

If he really has got a job at Carrow Road, he''s not going to be there long is he??

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Whilst we while away the time waiting to pay a transfer fee this summer...............I give you.......

From dodgy rumours:

I''ve recently landed a new job at Norwich City FC working in the Marketing and Franchise as a PA and so have had unprecedented access to transfer goings on down at Carrow Road. There is a lot of activity going on at Carrow Road at the minute and Peter Grant and BRyan Gunn are right in the thick of it. The couple of players that Peter Grant desperatley wants are David Marshall from Celtic and Billy Sharp from Scunthorpe, Grant is confident of securing both, especially after Sharp was very impressed by what he saw on his trip last week. It is strongly believed by the management staff that Sharp is merely speaking to Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves as an act of polite courtesy, and also these two clubs have yet to match Scunthorpe''s valuation so Norwich seems Sharp''s likely destination. With regards to Marshall, it seems Celtic are holding out for a bid believed to be in the region of £750, 000 which Norwich appear to have now matched, expect Marshall to be concluded by Friday and unveiled alongside Sharp at a Friday afternoon press conference. The other player that Grant is keen to add to his squad is Mansfield Town centre back Alex John–Baptise who is rated at around £500, 000. Alongside Baptise, Grant will add 1 more permanent signing and also a loan signing. The targets are midfielders and the strong favourites are Kris Commons from Nottingham Forest and also young Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida. Arsenal remain on good terms with Norwich as a result of ex Norwich manager Nigel Worthington''s close friendship with Arsenal assistant manager Pat Rice. This aquaintance now looks to pay dividends for Norwich who have contacted Arsene Wenger about the possiblity of taking his next starlet on loan and have received positive response from the Arsenal manager.

Informer or Imposter?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think I have a better idea of what''s going on I''m afraid...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From dodgy rumours:

Informer or Imposter?

OTBC

[/quote]

Sounds to me as if he''d fit in there quite nicely........

What I don''t quite understand is why someone would bother to make stuff like this up and waste time posting it on the net, but it is either made up or they are a little bit stupid as they won''t be employed by the club for much longer! 

They do seem to be a bit wrong on the Sharp transfer - though it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we were in the dark about Sheff U''s interest, as it clearly came as news to Scunny!!

It does sound like the usual rubbish from football rumours, but thats an awful lot to write for someone having a laugh. Either its a saddo with a boring job or too much time on their hands, or it may be true. But the fact that the Blades are not mentioned, and yet we have known for a while that they are interested, leads me to believe that this is tripe

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Marketing and Franchise! haha! does he think we are the Cincinatti Bengals?

jas :)

[/quote]

Maybe we''re going to market two new franchise concepts:

(1) Delia''s Gourmet Restaurant. Sub-branded with your very own club name

(2) How to sit bums on seats to watch cr*p.

I hear that there is also a useful handbook coming out in August entitled ''How to survive in the top tier for 10 years'' by Robert Chase. Published by Wynn-Jones & Co. of Stowmarket.

OTBC