Sign in to follow this  
Souey

Jamie Cureton to sign today???

Recieved a text from an insider at the Rud yesterday. It read..."Hot rumour Jamie Cureton signing 2morrow"Anyone else heard anything?

[quote user="ncfc1"]Lets hope its for Hull then .[/quote]

What a stupid , childish and silly thing to say!.

I''d love to see the Championships top scorer play for City.......give me strength!.[:@]

[quote user="lurd"]

Hope not. One season wonder..

[/quote]

Look at his full career record, it stands up pretty well against others we''ve been linked with, such as Sharp: at Bristol Rovers and Reading (ie the level Sharp has been successful at), he scored a combined total of 122 goals in 284 matches which is far from a poor record. OK he went into the wilderness a bit after that, but came back well last year.  IMO he is a decent bet, for not a lot of cash - he''ll give several seasons and loves the club already so we hardly need to sell it to him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''d love to see the Championships top scorer play for City.......give me strength!.[:@]

[/quote]

No one would have wanted him last year. Colchester will overprice him as they know we are desperate.. As far as him being the top scorer, well yes that was all well and good but we already have the best finisher in the league, lets try and keep hold of him.

Christ, if Jamie Cureton is the answer, i really despair of the question!

I''d have no problem bringing Jamie back here. It would be great. BUT...

It shouldn''t be as Earnie''s replacement. It should be as another striker, competing for his place.

In my opinion we should get Eastwood here, by bidding the same deal as Sharp and seeing if we can get the deal done under wraps (which would be tricky). Cureton would still come I''m sure.

The Earnie rumours have stepped up a gear. The most alarming thing to me was the fee quoted. IF we sell him for £3m I''d be pretty disappointed.

Wizzard if he was not ex City you would be shouting about signing old never beens , the guy has been a lower league player all his life and if he is the sort of player you wish to sign then please dont let me hear you question the Boards ambition ever again .

Yes Cureton would be a risk but I would rather sign a player who actualy wants to sign for the club rather than just using their interest to draw out other clubs interest !

Couldnt agree more, a very decent bet---------we need players who want to be here not journeymen looking to us to provide purely a stepping stone to bigger clubs---whilst understandable that players should always look to their future careers I would rather watch players on the pitch with their heart at Carrow Rd and Jamie C I feel is one of these----bring him home to try and prove the disbelievers wrong !

For crying out loaud he is 31 not 40 and last season was the top scorer in the chapionship whilst playing for one of the smaller teams. At £500K he would be much better value than billy Sharp who was released by the Blades previously whilst playing at this level.

Whats more Charlton and Wolves are likely to move for Eastwood as well. There is no guarantee we will get him. Getting Cureton in now for a reasonble fee at least measn we have bolstered the strike force even if we do miss out on others.

I wouldn''t be that upset if we sold Earnie and only got Cureton in as Hucks will play up fron next season anyway and we could use the Earnie money to get a decent CB and CM as well as Marshall.

[/quote]

Would rather have Eastwood.

But if Jamie comes I hope we don''t pay too much. £500,000 is top whack for a 31 year old.

Christ! I give up, some of you baulking at Cureton because he''s 31 were quite desperate to get Dublin back who''s 39!.

Nurse!!

[/quote]

But he cost nothing in transfer fees Wiz.

I would only be against Jamie coming home if we paid over the odds (as stated in my post)

Christ! I give up, some of you baulking at Cureton because he''s 31 were quite desperate to get Dublin back who''s 39!.

Nurse!!

[/quote]

I agree with you on this one Wiz, it really is surprising and saddening that so many people on here appear to be against him signing, inspite of his goal record last season and before. He''s banged in goals almost for fun since leaving us in ''96, why can''t other people realise that instead being so disparaging about his age? He''s got quite a few good years left in him yet, I''m not saying he''s Premiership class, but he''ll definitely do for any club at this level until that club gets promoted.

its a gamble signing any player, they could be 31 or 17.... Jamie could sign for £750,000 today and then go out and break his leg in the 1st pre season freindly and never play again.. but it could happen to some 17 year old kid too...

the fact is if we dont risks how will we ever get anywhere... id like to See Jamie back and well done to Grant if he gets him here.

As an aside, Wiz, will u give Grant Credit for bringing Jamie back?

jas :)

Agreed, Wiz, he''ll be good for another 3 years or so. Iwan had his best years in his early 30s remember.

It would seem your sources are sound Souey...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/6253852.stm

Nurse!!

[/quote]

lol Wiz, you are completely right - talk about double standards. He was top scorer last season - for anyone having trouble comprehending that - he scored more goals than anyone else in the division, why would we not buy him, he has at least a couple of yrs left in him if not more 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its a gamble signing any player, they could be 31 or 17.... Jamie could sign for £750,000 today and then go out and break his leg in the 1st pre season freindly and never play again.. but it could happen to some 17 year old kid too...

the fact is if we dont risks how will we ever get anywhere... id like to See Jamie back and well done to Grant if he gets him here.

As an aside, Wiz, will u give Grant Credit for bringing Jamie back?

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas: Yes, I''d be more than happy with Grant if he can pull this off, and of course I''d give him full credit for it!

The scepticism is really around the future of Earnshaw, and I for one hope if he goes go Jamie is not the sole incoming striker.

Those things said, I think it''ll be fantastic to see Jamie back in a yellow shirt.

Note to Jamie: Hair green for 4 Nov.