Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

New Poster Ratings explained

Star striker means that the poster is in the top 25 of message posters, midfielder is top 50 and reserves is in the top 100. I think it works out a percentage of all posts (so can go up and down).

Does it count the number of posts or the quality of the posts?

We/ve now changed it to:

Gold: Star Striker
Silver: On the bench
Bronze: Reserve

This reflects a natural progression through a football team as well as through the league table.

maybe i am being paranoid,but a problem with this may be that it''ll encourage pointless posts which waste everyone''s time simply for someone to get higher in the ratings

That''s the beauty of moderated posts - all posts full of inane drivel in an attempt to climb the rankings will be deleted.

Thats all well and good Peter but who moderates the moderators???

PS you get my vote for best moderator too!

so peter, if i started a thread saying ''i think peter raven is the best moderator, vote here'', would you moderate it??!!

a1 - for a "Star Striker" you appear not to be able to hit a cows backside with a banjo :D !!

Unless you are using a very strange text only internet browser it should be pretty obvious from this thread.

Are you still having problems seeing it?

If you are maybe the Web Team can come up with a new category just for you - I suggest "Referee"

(Just having a laugh mate - no offence taken I hope)

nope - can''t see nout! must be my browser! ie 6 tho is pretty standard i thought. as for my rating, with 280 odd posts, i expect less of that lip NMTD! Altthough the bit about inane drivel may have had an influence on my rating!!!

This is what it looks like: www.pinkun.com/temp_a1canary.gif

The graphics were always there - it''s just that we used blank images before.

Here''s a few things to try:

Force the page to refresh by pressing F5 - this should refresh the graphics as well.

A proxy server may need updating. Try tricking it by adding something to the end of a message link, e.g.
http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=20101&fake=0

Finally, in IE:
Tools menu
> Internet Options
> [General tab]
Temporary Internet Files: Settings
> "Check for newer versions of stored pages" set to "Every visit to the page"

Good idea Peter, always fancied myself as a striker up front with my Hucks,think we would soon strike up an understanding!! lol

I don''t want to be on the bench! I have scored whenever I''ve been on this board (?!?!) so my goals-to-posts ratio is very good! I have turned up to training every day and made every effort to get on with my fellow posters, star strikers or otherwise, so I demand a place in the elite league of posters or else I will go and join the Fab W. ''toys-out-of-the-pram-sour-grape-eating society'', so there! Besides, I haven''t got much meat on my botty to make sitting on a piece of wood very comfortable. And also, city angel should not be allowed to play with Hucks up front when I could be doing a decent job instead!!! I await my personal promotion, yours, etc. etc.

Glad you feel this way Susie. I think we should form a disaffected corner and go and sulk somewhere while training by ourselves. Or maybe we''ll just get a bit fat and not run much so we can only come on for the last 20 minutes. Unfortunately, middle age means I can now sit quite comfortably on the bench whereas a few years ago it would have been somewhat painful too. But my pace up the right wing has suffered a bit.

I rather liked being a midefielder like I was before, I could run things from there and dictate the pattern of play, occasionally nipping forward for a goal.

Now I''m just on the bench I''m going to flounce out, throwing my shirt to the ground in disgust and storm right up that tunnel. At least I get to the communal bath first.............

i used to be called kolin kob. can i have kolin''s and my posts added togthr so i can get a squad place? there should also be a fabian wilnis award for worst post...probably this one actually...

Only if you find one of your older postings. But you have just posted... so you can look now.

If you haven''t posted before you won''t be in with a chance of being in the top 100.

Getting quite annoyed!!! Last week I was in midfield setting up a1canary and silver fox with my sublime through balls, now I have to be happy with chatting with Crichton on the bench!!!

Would a better description for first i.e "Star Striker not be "first team". This follows the natural progression from reserves to bench to first team squad!!!