Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

What Semmy thought about Peter Grant...

"The first time I met Peter I spoke to my agent and from there I knew I wanted to play for Norwich. Just by meeting him, regardless of coming to the training ground and going to the ground and whatnot. From my first impressions I knew I wanted to play for him."

[quote user="Campbell"]

"The first time I met Peter I spoke to my agent and from there I knew I wanted to play for Norwich. Just by meeting him, regardless of coming to the training ground and going to the ground and whatnot. From my first impressions I knew I wanted to play for him."

[/quote]

I''m not surprised Campbell. I had the chance to meet Grant a few months back and he''s one of the most ambitious, passionate and determined people I''ve met - I only hope the board realise that and back him properly by allowing him to bring another 3 or 4 new players into the squad by the end of July.

My fear is that, if they don''t, he could do an O''Neill and walk out - and I for one don''t want us to be searching for another manager so soon.

The passion of the Scots ! that when used is highly effective but when misused dangerous !most of us are prepared to give him our support and get behind him I just hope the board are prepared to unleash his passion with the use of the cheque book ---Time for ifs, buts and maybe''s to finish and bring some payers on board----

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]and I for one don''t want us to be searching for another manager so soon. [/quote]

Speak for yourself  Bigmark, I live in hope of that dream!.

I agree they guy talks a very good game which is just as well given that we cannot offer the wages some clubs can!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]and I for one don''t want us to be searching for another manager so soon. [/quote]

Speak for yourself  Bigmark, I live in hope of that dream!.

[/quote]

1st "Grass Is Greener On The Other Side" Wizard

No but we can offer excellent discounted hotel rates within walking distance of the ground----oop''s sorry to mention our addition again !

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Campbell"]

[/quote]

I''m not surprised Campbell. I had the chance to meet Grant a few months back and he''s one of the most ambitious, passionate and determined people I''ve met - I only hope the board realise that and back him properly by allowing him to bring another 3 or 4 new players into the squad by the end of July.

My fear is that, if they don''t, he could do an O''Neill and walk out - and I for one don''t want us to be searching for another manager so soon.

[/quote]

Dear me....if you aren''t on the pay roll of the Carrow Road spin machine (or even Grant himself) I''ll be very surprised. What utter bilge and to even begin to compare Grant with O''Neill is blasphemy. One is tactically inept and punching way above his weight...while the other is quiet, intellectual...AND successful.

I enjoy the laughs you bring to this forum....so carry on please.......

Cluck,I think you''ve totally misread his response.The statement is that if Grant does not get good backing from the board, he as O''Neill did before him, could look to move elsewhere.This does not state that the poster believes that Grant is superior to O''Neill, in fact no mention of O''Neill''s managerial ability is even mentioned, and certainly not in comparison to Grant''s.And, being fair, Grant has done far more to impress me as a manager for us, than O''Neill did. At least Grant hasn''t thrown a hissy fit over not having endless millions to spend and then stormed off to sulk in a corner. Amazing how well managers can do when they''re giving big money to spend, how about we give Grant the same luzury and see how he truly compares?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Campbell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear me....if you aren''t on the pay roll of the Carrow Road spin machine (or even Grant himself) I''ll be very surprised. What utter bilge and to even begin to compare Grant with O''Neill is blasphemy. One is tactically inept and punching way above his weight...while the other is quiet, intellectual...AND successful.

[/quote]

I said what I said Cluck, because I had the chance to meet him because of where I work (and no, NOT Carrow Road NOR Colney), so why do you not explain why you think what I posted is ''utter bilge''? Also, where exactly in my post did I put, or even imply, that Grant is just as good a manager as O''Neill?? I only said that he could ''do an O''Neill and walk out'' because I fear that he won''t be properly backed by the board in bringing in the players that he wants to bring in. Not once did I compare the two tactically.

What about what you bring to this forum? Some days it''s like ''Carry On With Your Silly, Boring, Pointless, Repetitive, Unfunny, Ranting'' when you''re on ''form'' Cluck old boy [;)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Campbell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the thing you have to remember cluck is that bigmark has optimism, hes polite and often correct from what i''ve read unlikr yourself in some of your posts.

tell me, does every cloud have a silver lining in your world? or is it just that every silver lining has a cloud?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

And, being fair, Grant has done far more to impress me as a manager for us, than O''Neill did.

At least Grant hasn''t thrown a hissy fit over not having endless millions to spend and then stormed off to sulk in a corner. Amazing how well managers can do when they''re giving big money to spend, how about we give Grant the same luzury and see how he truly compares?

[/quote]

Actually O''Neil was lied to, and told he had x amount to spend but actually had nothing.  You may be surprised to know that the player he was trying to sign is still playing at championship level 10 years on.  We were also what 2nd in the league on his resignation.

Grant has done nothing to improve results, our position or performances as yet, and suprisingly preffered Bobinson to Safri for a good 10 winless games, when even the players (Hucks) were calling for his inclusion.

To be fair to O''Neil he came here having impressed in his previous management role, whereas novice Grant has much to learn - and at a fairly slow rate so far.  You are right though, in Chequebook manager O''Neils roles at Leicester and Wycombe he really got given the big money to drive the club forwards. 

Grant, well, lets hope things improve, or he could be out of a job by christmas (at any other club at least)

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Campbell"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said what I said Cluck, because I had the chance to meet him because of where I work (and no, NOT Carrow Road NOR Colney), so why do you not explain why you think what I posted is ''utter bilge''? Also, where exactly in my post did I put, or even imply, that Grant is just as good a manager as O''Neill?? I only said that he could ''do an O''Neill and walk out'' because I fear that he won''t be properly backed by the board in bringing in the players that he wants to bring in. Not once did I compare the two tactically.

What about what you bring to this forum? Some days it''s like ''Carry On With Your Silly, Boring, Pointless, Repetitive, Unfunny, Ranting'' when you''re on ''form'' Cluck old boy [;)]

[/quote]

Fair enough Smalldarkandleary...but I too have had contact with the "said" individual...and over a period of time and at close quarters (Bournemouth). I was gutted when he was appointed here because I knew what we were in for and I''ve seen nothing so far to convince me otherwise. He is in the classic mould of what Smith and Co. endlessly go for in a manager...and I don''t think even you can deny they have an apalling record in that department. Hiring a waiter is one thing...hiring a football manager is quite another.

I don''t deny he is a likeable character on the face of things...typically Scottish and happy to talk to anyone who cares to listen....but as a manager he does not have the potential or insight required to make it a success. Like so many others, he is a decent number two....but no way will he make it as a number one. The essential charisma is missing and it is this that defines a leader of men. The players will note this too and maybe it will explain the problems in attracting big hearted players to the club.

Couple PG and Smith....and we have a lacklustre aura which desperately needs change. I hope I have explained myself clearly and can assure you that it is the club I care about and not individuals...It appears that you are getting emotions mixed up with reality....rather like our Delilia who thinks a good recipe for football success lies in the pages of one of her books. It doesn''t.....