Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

The Spin has begun already!!!!

Why is Cureton an Undisclosed fee?????Earnshaw''s was not! I will tell you why:So as none of us Know how much of the Earnshaw sale has gone back into the transfer fund! The board will spend about 2 Million with Marshall £750,000 of that! Then tell us They have spent it all! Watch the next few signings be Un-disclosed fees while they bank and invest money on Non-Football issues!They are a joke: 1 out for 3.5 Million - 1 in Undisclosed to date and 2 freebies!!

Because they''re embarassed that they''ve had to panic spend £750,000 on a 32-year-old - matching the sum that Colchester wanted (funny that we never seem to get anything near the amounts we want).

Grant is pretty blameless in this, and there''s always hope that Cureton will do his stuff, but the board are chumps when it comes to wheeling and dealing, make no mistake...

You seem to forget the multi-million pound bids for Sharp and Varney. Your evidence doesnt exactly give a balacned view of events does it.

I don''t know why there is an undisclosed fee, it happens alot but it aint exactly rocket science. Colchester valued him at 750k i think, so i would guess that we paid roughly that. The NCFC board would expect us to work that out, and i can''t understand all this rubish to be honest. It clearly leaves around £2 Million, plus the extra kitty invested (which i believe is there).

I''m afraid you negative, whingers are clutching at straws just to get your daily moan at the board out, to help you sleep better.

If i''m wrong, and we dont spend i''m sorry and i will be venging my fury with you...

... but please wait and see.

It is odd, you can only hope they''re trying to keep their cards close to their chest so that other clubs dont know how much we''ve got to spend.

Col U were asking for £750k tho weren''t they?

It is frustrating for us fans but hopefully beneficial to the club in the long run.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is Cureton an Undisclosed fee?????

Earnshaw''s was not! I will tell you why:

So as none of us Know how much of the Earnshaw sale has gone back into the transfer fund! The board will spend about 2 Million with Marshall £750,000 of that! Then tell us They have spent it all! Watch the next few signings be Un-disclosed fees while they bank and invest money on Non-Football issues!

They are a joke: 1 out for 3.5 Million - 1 in Undisclosed to date and 2 freebies!!
[/quote]

Knowing the foolishness of our board we have probably already spent the £3.5million on Cureton alone!!!!

Are you going to join the protest first game of the season unless the board spend £5million or more between now and then???

Apparently on another thread henderson has signed for Northampton so that is:2 out for 3.5 Million plus - 3 in for undisclosed on one player. Sneek henderson out the door for a profit under the cloud of the Earnie news!

[quote user="ncfc1"]Its because we have paid almost a million for an old 32 year old whos real worth is £200,000[/quote]

I bloody hope not.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Its because we have paid almost a million for an old 32 year old whos real worth is £200,000[/quote]

Why would we pay more than colchester were asking? i know our board can make foolish decisions but that would be incredible!

I believe they wanted £700,000, quite a lot still if we paid that but if his goals fire us into the prem it''d be money well spent. Remember he was last seasons top scorer in the championship to say he is worth 200,000 is a little silly.

[quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

You seem to forget the multi-million pound bids for Sharp and Varney. Your evidence doesnt exactly give a balacned view of events does it.

I don''t know why there is an undisclosed fee, it happens alot but it aint exactly rocket science. Colchester valued him at 750k i think, so i would guess that we paid roughly that. The NCFC board would expect us to work that out, and i can''t understand all this rubish to be honest. It clearly leaves around £2 Million, plus the extra kitty invested (which i believe is there).

I''m afraid you negative, whingers are clutching at straws just to get your daily moan at the board out, to help you sleep better.

If i''m wrong, and we dont spend i''m sorry and i will be venging my fury with you...

[/quote]

hahaha you were saying that we had £4million to spend without selling Eanshaw only a month ago PGTA... don''t make me laugh!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Why is Cureton an Undisclosed fee?????Earnshaw''s was not! I will tell you why:So as none of us Know how much of the Earnshaw sale has gone back into the transfer fund! The board will spend about 2 Million with Marshall £750,000 of that! Then tell us They have spent it all! Watch the next few signings be Un-disclosed fees while they bank and invest money on Non-Football issues!They are a joke: 1 out for 3.5 Million - 1 in Undisclosed to date and 2 freebies!! [/quote]

Knowing the foolishness of our board we have probably already spent the £3.5million on Cureton alone!!!!

Are you going to join the protest first game of the season unless the board spend £5million or more between now and then???

[/quote]Protest with a plonk like you in charge i would rather scrape my eyeballs out a claw hammer than have anything to do with you mate .

[quote user="Smudger"]

So as none of us Know how much of the Earnshaw sale has gone back into the transfer fund! The board will spend about 2 Million with Marshall £750,000 of that! Then tell us They have spent it all! Watch the next few signings be Un-disclosed fees while they bank and invest money on Non-Football issues!

They are a joke: 1 out for 3.5 Million - 1 in Undisclosed to date and 2 freebies!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve been backing the board for a long time now in fact i''ve argued strongly in thier favour many times on this message board but if they don''t spend significantly you can count me in on any protests.

But i''m not getting carried away just yet i will wait and see what happens over the rest of the transfer window, who knows we might sign a load of quality players...

[quote user="David Freezer"]

It is odd, you can only hope they''re trying to keep their cards close to their chest so that other clubs dont know how much we''ve got to spend.

It is frustrating for us fans but hopefully beneficial to the club in the long run.

[/quote]

More like trying to keep their cards close to their chest so that the sheep like yourself know that we have hardly anything to spend!!!!

You wanna see spin...  Just read Waghorn''s site today...

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=1383

funniest thing is when this article went up, other sites had already reported Cureton''s arrival!

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=1382

Spin machine again failing however as the chear on Curetons arrival was soon dampened rather than the other way around...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Might be an idea to see what happens between now and then, but doubt I''d be joining you, will be a bit too difficult for me to get to Preston for Aug 11 Stick out tongue [:P] !

Might be an idea to see what happens between now and then, but doubt I''d be joining you, is

[quote user="David Freezer"]

[/quote]

But according to Look East we paid £800k

You couldn''t make it up could you

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

[/quote]

hahaha you were saying that we had £4million to spend without selling Eanshaw only a month ago PGTA... don''t make me laugh!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

Hang on Smudger!

I''m still saying that the 3-4 million kitty is still there, i was just stating that the £2 Million ish (earnshaw cost - Cureton cost) can be hopefully added to the kitty. I stick to my guns i''m afriad, £6 million should be there and hopefully a big percent will go out again.

Anyone like to compare past boards with this one now?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="David Freezer"]

[/quote]

But according to Look East we paid £800k

You couldn''t make it up could you

[/quote]

Really?

Is that what they said?

hahahaha that is the second biggest joke of the day (and quite possibly the year)...

Suggestion.... Start packing your bags now Delia!!!

Cureton was for sale at 700,000 so i reckon after a haggle we probably got him for 600,000

Jamie done well last year but now we need to buy a proven scorer at this level to partner him.

Martin is still learning and Brown does not fill anyone with confidence.

If we are to believe the board were not intending to sell earnshaw and replace him with jamie, sharp, or eastwood they need to prove it by bringing in a partner for jamie.

If we believe the board were going to sign eastwood, sharp or jamie anyway aswell as marshall{ 500,000+ for marshall, 2m for sharp,3.5m in for earnie} we now have 6m minus around 600,000 for jamie so leaving us with around 5.4m to spend-say 1.4m in wages for new players we have 4m left to spend on players.

Does anyone believe we will spend 4m on players?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So then Smudger, when are you actually going to go ahead with your protest? The first game of the season we are actually away to Preston, so will you be going there just to protest? Or are you actually going to save it for the first HOME game of the season, when we play Southampton the following Saturday? I trust you are talking about a post-match protest as opposed to a pre-match one yes?

Because you wouldn''t want to demoralise the players even further now, would you? [;)]

What really worries me about all this is the bloody fixation with strikers!  Our club and fans are obsessed with them!  For gods sake, when will we buy someone quality further down the field to give all these strikers the ball???

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

Cureton was for sale at 700,000 so i reckon after a haggle we probably got him for 600,000

Jamie done well last year but now we need to buy a proven scorer at this level to partner him.

Martin is still learning and Brown does not fill anyone with confidence.

If we are to believe the board were not intending to sell earnshaw and replace him with jamie, sharp, or eastwood they need to prove it by bringing in a partner for jamie.

If we believe the board were going to sign eastwood, sharp or jamie anyway aswell as marshall{ 500,000+ for marshall, 2m for sharp,3.5m in for earnie} we now have 6m minus around 600,000 for jamie so leaving us with around 5.4m to spend-say 1.4m in wages for new players we have 4m left to spend on players.

Does anyone believe we will spend 4m on players?

[/quote]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So then Smudger, when are you actually going to go ahead with your protest? The first game of the season we are actually away to Preston, so will you be going there just to protest? Or are you actually going to save it for the first HOME game of the season, when we play Southampton the following Saturday? I trust you are talking about a post-match protest as opposed to a pre-match one yes?

Because you wouldn''t want to demoralise the players even further now, would you? [;)]

[/quote]

Pre match, during match and post match against Southampton and every home match until the board pack there bags I think....

You can just sit there in the stands and bleat with the rest of the Sheep while Southampton spank us Bigmark!!!