Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Curetons Fee

Look East have just said we paid £800k!

We must be the laughing stock of the football world. Thats about twice his true worth. Looks like we paniced when Earshaw went.

Someone should resign over this.

If we paid that then we must be in a worse state than most of us think we are, £150,000 is about what i would have paid for a near 32 year old.

With the exception of look east everywhere else is saying that the fee is undisclosed.  I bet it is only a fraction of the 800k being touted about.

The board may lie, spin and lack ambition but they aren''t mugs.  And only a mg would spend 800k on a 32 year old.

I very much doubt we paid £800k for him. We''re not exactly known for splashing the cash, are we? & Colchester valued him at £750k

[quote user="jimmy500"]

With the exception of look east everywhere else is saying that the fee is undisclosed.  I bet it is only a fraction of the 800k being touted about.

The board may lie, spin and lack ambition but they aren''t mugs.  And only a mg would spend 800k on a 32 year old.

[/quote]

lol. They are the board that sanctioned £500K for Hughes and £700K for Docherty - if we have paid £800K for Cureton we have been had. I love the fella but he should have been signed in addition to Earnie not as a replacement. All I can say is that there had better be another decent striker in the pipeline i.e Eastwood, Riordan, Porter, Jerome or Vine. We also need to be getting in 3 other players (keeper, centre half & midfielder).

I like the implied comment that our board can lie, spin & lack ambition but are only awful if there are mugs!!

But just to put his fee into perspective, Steven Howard, the Derby striker was bought for £1 million at the start of last season. He was also 31 at the time, the same age as Cureton at the moment (granted Cureton will be 32 in August, but his fee was less). That price seems to be the going rate for prolific goalscorers / reliable target men at this level, even if they''re nearing the end of their career. Lets just hope Cureton''s 23 goals last season wasn''t a one off.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Only a mug would let our biggest assist have such a clause. They have lied to us again.

[quote user="Nigel Tracey"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Only a mug would let our biggest assist have such a clause. They have lied to us again.

[/quote]I don''t think it was the boards desision, contracts are handled by management, the board merely says yay or nay to an amount.

and surely they should have said "nay" to such a small figure?

prudence with ambition, yeh right.

It may be the £800K quoted is the total value of the deal i.e. including the transfer fee, agent fees and his salary over the course of the contract.

I hope so otherwise we''ve been had!

i think hux is a bigger asset than earnie,earnie has a few more years, but hux can win a game, earnie has to have it giving ti him 10 before he scores, it i sa let doen but i would rather we kept hux than earnie

It wasn''t so long ago that many people were bitching about us not stumping up £1m for a 31 year-old.... Steve Howard, who''s just gone up with Derby.

If cureton scores 23 goals next season then it will be £500,000 well spent, the thing that worries me is that peter thorne was supposed to be a prolific goalscorer when we signed him and we all knew what happened there.

I am pleased we have signed cureton though it should be viewed as a positive