Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Well done Grant, I'll back you now!

LETS GET THIS EARNSHAW BUISNESS SORTED NOW!.

Grant and the board had zero control or options over Earnsh*t''s decision to quit us, other than when we first signed him. Worthy was desperate to replace Ashton.....so Earnsh*ts escape clause was allowed to be part of that deal.

Thats not Grants fault!.

Plus, Grant has signed the Championships top scorer (that''s beyond dispute and is fact) to replace him. Jamie, unlike Eearnsh*t, wants to be here, and that''ll do for me. Welcome home Jamie

Peter also has a wad of cash to spend, so God knows who''ll be coming here now!.

Today is the first time I''ve felt so positive for months, don''t ask me why, its just an odd feeling I have.

I will not however, join some childish witchhunt against the club or Peter Grant, they are not the problem this time. You should direct your anger towards Earnsh*t and his agent.

My support will now go to Grant................he needs it more than ever today!.

At last some sense in the wilderness of bitterness and contempt read elsewhere here today----Thank you ,I feel a touch refreshed !

yep me tp wiz, we have bagged the leagues top scorer and now have loads of cash to strenghten the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is sense but, for reasons i can never understand, you are some kind of influencer on this site and whilst i do understand the occasional need to post inflammatory messages to gee the messageboard  up, the inconsistencies in your views disrupt the feel good factor of being part of a group with the same passion.

Why not, for the good of this site and to improve, to some extent, the general feeling about the club currently, don''t you put your energy into getting people behind Grant and the team, ignoring your strange fascination with Delia and her ''evil machinations''. 

Don''t cut the mischief, but try to maintain a positive influence rather than disrupting the minds of your own ''flock''.

I would like to welcome Jamie back and if you read this mate the shops not there anymore{private thing}.

No offence to Jamie but the way he was brought in to soften the blow of earnie yesterday was unfair on the lad.

Not happy if Cureton is a replacement, but i do like him and am glad we signed him but only if we sign someone to play with him.

Well Said Wiz!

Cureton can''t be that bad if he was the leagues top scorer in an average team. He wants to be here, Earsnshaw doesnt, and i believe cureton will fit into the team much better. The board are there to be hung out now if we dont spend anyway, Doomcaster''s effectively said we have at least £5.5M to spend, and so if it isnt used then there will be questions to be answered.

That sort of money,can buy a good team and so there are reasons to be positve.!

With a reported £5m in the kitty I don''t think it will take long for Grant to bring in the people he wants.

I have a lot of confidence in this manager and his ambitions for our club.

COME ON GRANT SHOW US THE WAY...

Well wizard I wasn''t expecting this from you, but you''re right on the money.  This clauses are very common and Earnshaw would have never signed had we not agreed to it.  This is also not the boards fault it''s just one of those things.  As to the comment that we should have renogiated the contract at the end of the season, well I''m sure we did try, but without offering silly money he would not have signed because he wanted to be playing in the top division that''s the reality and its now done and dusted.

Now the new era is with Jamie Cureton and in my opinion this is a really good signing.  I have always liked Jamie and we shouldn''t have ever let him go in the first place.  You would be hard pressed to find a player more passionate about this club and the fact he feels he has hasn''t to prove is all good.  Contray to what everyone says Jamie has scored goals wherever he has been and is no one season wonder.  I know this has been in the lower divisions, but last season he proved he can do it at this level as well and that is no fluke.  There is no doubt in my mind that this is an excellent signing.  The important thing is we continue to sign quality players and I would love us to go get Eastwood & Marshall next.

I think it is definitely for the best of the club. Whatever some might think, I don''t think that £5m is a negligible amout and we can certainly use that kind of general strengthening more than we can use the most selfish striker I''ve ever seen at Carrow Rd. Yes, you can''t argue with his goal-scoring ratio but I honestly believe that we played a better all round game without him. Yes, we need someone solid to partner Cureton in light of Earnie''s departure, but I am personally chuffed sick to see him back here. He was this division''s top scorer last season and he actually WANTS to play in the yellow shirt - what more can you ask. [:D]   

Credit where it''s due Wiz, I think you''ve called this one exactly right. For such a widely predicted transfer, the reaction was hysterical on here yesterday. Including accusing Archant of deliberately shutting down to stop it from looking to bad. Get a grip people.

[quote user="Millo"]

I would like to welcome Jamie back and if you read this mate the shops not there anymore{private thing}.

No offence to Jamie but the way he was brought in to soften the blow of earnie yesterday was unfair on the lad.

[/quote]

This I think is an excellent point Millo. They really misjudged it yesterday. Jamie''s return was always going to be welcomed by most, but they managed to put him in a situation where he wasn''t made as welcome as he should''ve been.

Not the fans fault, and harsh on Jamie.

He''ll be ok though. But we must go grab another striker too.

Yes it is the boards fault. It was a very poor deal to sanction. The clauses were quite clearly weighted far too much in the player''s favour, because once again the club had allowed itself to end up in a panic buying situation at the end of a transfer window. David Cotterill anyone? Yes credit to Earnshaw''s agent maybe, for negotiating so well for his client, but from NCFC point of view it was a very expensive gamble, and one which could only have paid off if promotion had been achieved last season, and now has effectively been expensively lost. £800k is also far too much for a 32 year old of mixed recent history, however commited he may be.Can''t see the logic in blaming Earnshaw, it was a  no lose for him. A one season or so shop window likely to end with him in the Premeirship as a cut-price bargain, or as a NCFC player in the admittedly unikely event that we got our act together. What an abject shambles the last 3 years have been. All the massive benefits of promotion now lost. An ill-prepared poorly managed Premiership season, squandered parachute money, naive expensive signings. It may be prudence with ambition, but they forgot to mention the incompetence.  

Couldn''t agree more - the kneejerk reactions are at least now being replaced by sanity in some quarters.  It was Earnshaw/his ''team'' that insisted on the clause, not us, so any anger should be directed at them rather than our board - but even then, why there should be any anger directed at anyone is beyond me since in this day and age such things are sadly commonplace in football.

The simple fact is that we now have a decent amount of money, ok possibly a little less than if Earnie was sold on the open market (but even then I''m not convinced he''d have fetched much more than £4m), but quite a sizeable chunk nonetheless when added to what we already had.  We now need to wait and see what PG can do with it.  It is when we''ve seen what we get that would be the time to complain, not before: for £5m+ you can get 3-4 really decent players who will make a difference to the whole squad, and we already have Cureton.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

LETS GET THIS EARNSHAW BUISNESS SORTED NOW!.

Grant and the board had zero control or options over Earnsh*t''s decision to quit us, other than when we first signed him. Worthy was desperate to replace Ashton.....so Earnsh*ts escape clause was allowed to be part of that deal.

Thats not Grants fault!.

Plus, Grant has signed the Championships top scorer (that''s beyond dispute and is fact) to replace him. Jamie, unlike Eearnsh*t, wants to be here, and that''ll do for me. Welcome home Jamie

Peter also has a wad of cash to spend, so God knows who''ll be coming here now!.

Today is the first time I''ve felt so positive for months, don''t ask me why, its just an odd feeling I have.

I will not however, join some childish witchhunt against the club or Peter Grant, they are not the problem this time. You should direct your anger towards Earnsh*t and his agent.

My support will now go to Grant................he needs it more than ever today!.

[/quote]

Have to say I am surprised at your views, Wiz, but also glad to say I agree with you.  If a player (whoever he is, or more to the point, thinks he is), wants to leave then he has to go.  Whether or not it''s a good bit of business is debateable, plainly in this case we haven''t made much of a profit, but were we likely to recoup more than £5m for him without this clause?  His goals kept us above relegation I suppose and he put in some great performances.  But he wanted to go, so okay, goodbye Earnie and good luck at Derby (you will need it). 

My only fear is can Jamie produce the sort of form he did for Colchester last season without the assistance of a tall strike partner. Is this Chris Brown or a new player not yet targetted or one the club has got an eye on and quietly is going about bringing to CR. The big bonus is as you say someone who truly wants to play for us....novel eh?

What upset me most is the personal pain you can feel in Grants words, he feels very let down, and I get the impression it was Earnsh*t and his team who let him down, and not our board.

I have no fear or question marks over Jamie''s ability whatsoever, and I''d be surprised if a ''big lad'' didn''t join him up front before too long, Potter of Oldham maybe?.

So cheer up Peter, by the big kick off they''ll be 26.000 voices backing you up.........and if Earnalot hasn''t scored in his first 4 games they''ll demand his head...........and I''ll just love it!.[:D]

I''ve always thought that Earnshaw was vastly over-rated and personally I think the team will be much better without him.

However, thats not to say that Norwich and Mr Grant can rest on their laurels, a new backbone to the team is needed, with a keeper, dominant centre-half, central midfielder and another striker to link up with Cureton all urgent requirements! 

wiz its the board who given him the money its the board who agree to earnies contract ,now you are excitied about a player who comes back after having one season as top scorer ina very poor league.he will find it hard next season.remember curton was third choice behind sharp and eastwood.

we still got a lot of work to do in the transfer market.

and wiz next week you will be slagging the board and grant off.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

[/quote]

How much cash are you willing to bet and back that statement up King?. A £5 donation to the British Heart Foundation via the Pink Un says I won''t, and we''ll also include no attacks on Delia too!.

And I''ll make it even easier for you...........lets take it up to the new year, shall we?. Or indeed, has anyone else got the balls to wager me on this..........same rates mind, so any other takers?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

What upset me most is the personal pain you can feel in Grants words, he feels very let down, and I get the impression it was Earnsh*t and his team who let him down, and not our board.

I have no fear or question marks over Jamie''s ability whatsoever, and I''d be surprised if a ''big lad'' didn''t join him up front before too long, Potter of Oldham maybe?.

So cheer up Peter, by the big kick off they''ll be 26.000 voices backing you up.........and if Earnalot hasn''t scored in his first 4 games they''ll demand his head...........and I''ll just love it!.[:D]

[/quote]

Wiz what a load of utter Clap Trap...

So what Eanie looked after number one... Well good on him because this board and our football club sure as hell were not going to look after his best interests were they???

As for 26,000 voices behind him on day one?  Don''t bank on it... there will more than likely be approx 22,000 Norwich fans at Carrow Road when we play Southampton and unless £5million is spent between now and then a fair few of them will be demanding blood!!!

[quote user="king of latvia"]

wiz its the board who given him the money its the board who agree to earnies contract ,now you are excitied about a player who comes back after having one season as top scorer ina very poor league.he will find it hard next season.remember curton was third choice behind sharp and eastwood.

we still got a lot of work to do in the transfer market.

[/quote]

Absolutely King... you and I both know that WIZ will be slagging em off with the best of us by the end of July don''t we????

Agreed Wiz.  Grant sounds like he''s been totally dicked over by Earnie''s ''people'', and I do not doubt for a moment that he would''ve got us the 5/6/7mil being carped about if ti came down to it. He''s had no choice but to watch him walk away.

Well said, God bless Peter Grant - I cannot wait for the season to start, Earnie can take his hummer and I would advise him to rent somewhere in the midlands for a year, because no doubt his get out clause will remain the same with Derby.

Look at the number of people who protest, they represent 1% of the supporters - lets hope its the ones who have not renewed their season tickets this year. People should use their energies to get behind the team and not waste them with daft protests

Well said Wiz!!!  I can willingly agree to your sentiments.  Perhaps you make far more sense when you stick to football and forget slinging S**t at the board. OTBC!!!!

great post Wiz mate, agree completely, we''ve got money to stengthen other areas and have already brought in a good striker, hopefully we''ll get another striker plus a couple more players with this money

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

So what Eanie looked after number one... Well good on him because this board and our football club sure as hell were not going to look after his best interests were they???

As for 26,000 voices behind him on day one?  Don''t bank on it... there will more than likely be approx 22,000 Norwich fans at Carrow Road when we play Southampton and unless £5million is spent between now and then a fair few of them will be demanding blood!!!

[/quote]

So you''re only expecting 22,000 for the Southampton game, I''ll go for 24,500, lets see who is nearest??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you''re only expecting 22,000 for the Southampton game, I''ll go for 24,500, lets see who is nearest??

[/quote]

22,000 Norwich fans tops BLANCH... do keep up dear!!!

Southampton may possibly bring 2,500 to bring it up to your figure.... and this will more likely be one of our highest crowds of the season.