Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

£5m to spend but who will come.

We seem to be in the money due to our new investors and our Earnshaw money.

We have around £5m to spend but who will come.

We look to all and sundry like a club in crisis.

No direction.

And I still say despite some objections on here that our wage structure is not good enough to attract players of top Championship quality.

So I say again who will come.

My fear is we will waste this windfall on 4 or 5 nobodies sold to us for inflated prices.

It also doesn''t help to have a manager with no clout or history in the management game. Which can often help attract players.

please Peter prove me wrong. Good luck, our very future is in your hands. Waste this money and with no other assets this could be a pivotal season on and off the pitch.

Quite simple really... NOBODY

With the exception of one or two billy no marks in desperation just prior to the season kicking off...

Make no mistake WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

And I still say despite some objections on here that our wage structure is not good enough to attract players of top Championship quality.

[/quote]

It doesnt matter how often you say it, you''re still wrong.

Prove it. Tell me that we offered Sharp the same wage or better than that which he will eventually get when he moves.

You think we''re big payers. Utter tosh. It''s been our problem for 25 years.

Who says we are big payer. Doncaster. Delia. Father Christmas. You believe what you want but don''t tell someone who''s supported this club home and away for 25 year that we''re up pay big cos as many time as you do I''ll say Rubbish

There will be a number of reasons why players won''t join us - £5m is certainly more than handy BUT will not guarantee that we will be able to bring quality in.

Grant has his work cut out. Norfolk can be attractive and the training facilities, ground and support are second to none.  However, take a long hard look at where we have finished in the last couple of years and the inconsistent nature of our performances - this is where our problem rests.  If you are a young Billy Sharp or Freddy Eastwood, who do you think has got the greater chance of getting to the Premiership - Wolves, Sheff Utd or even Sheff Wednesday. Blimey, even Burnley must appear more attractive than us!  Our ambition does NOT match that of many other clubs trying to reach the promised land but, more importantly, our squad is just not good enough and has demonstrated this over the last few seasons. Anyone who says (and you hear it all the time) "with the players we have got, we should be challenging ..........." is deluded. Do you really believe that, have you been watching the performances home and (particularly) away?

It is a catch 22 situation in that the squad isn''t anywhere good enough and more likely to finish closer to the bottom three than the top six, yet we cannot improve it (despite having the money) because this is the perception of those "young and promising" players who want to progress (quickly). Earnshaw was attracted but only with a get out clause and even he has seen the writing on the wall.

Lets just remind ourselves of where we are. Finished 16th last year with a goal difference of around -15, a dreadful defensive record with goal difference only buoyed up by a guy who scored something like 18 goals in 22 appearances and a cameo by Huckerby towards the end of the season (perhaps our ONLY quality player remaining).  Signings so far, goalkeeper on a freebie, 39 year old for a year (free) and Jamie Cureton - thoroughly nice guy who DID score goals last year but was in a far better team than we have (yes I do mean Colchester).  He is 31 going on 32 and is hardly likely to be spearheading our assault in the Premiership, should we get anywhere near close. He is a Norwich old boy and loves the club - not a bad thing, but a guy in the twilight of his career. Hardly the foundations to build an exciting, progressive and successful team on!  Quite frankly, if I was a reserve player languishing in League 1 or 2 and/or someone playing in the lower leagues of Scottish football, I would jump at the chance of joining NCFC - you would be daft not too.  In this day and age, the only thing that will attract top quality players will be money and, of course, a "get out" should it all not work out as anticipated!