Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Last night

The whole place was so tense last night with the ground practically silent for long periods. Wasn''t Malky an absolute rock throughout a really dodgy first half for almost everyone else? Francis was so poor he seemed either injured or ready to jack it in, never getting a foot in and being completely off the pace. Hendo really wanted to do well but his final pass was terrible and he never attempted to get to the byline in the first half and only played freely when we were winning.

Mulryne came on looking like he knew we were actually pleased to see him and played well as a consequence and Holt started closing down everyone and the team just seemed to switch to real team with a back four, a winner and a passer, two wingers,( Mcveigh excellent on the left) and Sven and Hucks really started to move around both playing left, right and through the middle and it was all over.

We have to start with Mulryne on Saturday, Rivers on the right if he''s fit and tell Shackell he''s great but that he''s not a wing back.

shortfatb - thats a pretty good assesment.

For me - Malky was MOM - and he''s not even on the shortlist. We must keep him as Captain for rest of season.

Francis looks like he needs another rest - so must start with Mullers on Sat. I was so pleased that Macca got a goal - and a sweet one at that - it''ll do him the power of good.

Hendo can do it if we support him - keep him in.

Shacks had a bit of an off game, but I wouldn''t have any fears playing him at left back if Drury and Brennan not fit.

I too, was very pleased to see McVeigh getting on the score sheet. McVeigh is very talented and works hard - one of my mates is a Spurs fan and he said he was sad to see him leave White Hart Lane when he moved to City. Its nice that he has finally been rewarded for his performances for city with a much needed goal.

Let''s hope that last nights performance kick-starts mullers into playing like we know he can for the remiander of the season.

OTBC