Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Cureton & Akinbiyi. Sharp spearhead?

Golden Oldies Fulfil Potential - Power Rampaging City Into Prem

?

Now what was their record together for the youth team and reserves?

?[:D][<:o)]

OTBC

Just sometimes Bly - I find common ground that we can share amongst your ramblings[;)] Your observations about Huck''s and Earnie in the same side made sense to me and so does this point. Where as I''m not advocating we should go get Akinbiyi back their record together in the youth team was phenomenal and it seems to me that Cureton scored his goals when playing with a strong partner. Barry Hayles and Jason Roberts for Bristol Rovers, Martin Butler at Reading, Paul Furlong at QPR and Chris Iwelumo at Colchester.

What does this mean for us? Are we going to play 442 with Cureton / ? up top. Who would he be more likely to form a prolific partnership with? Of all the options currently available I think ''the old ones are the best'' in a Dublin / Cureton partnership. Or maybe even 433 or 343 with Cureton/Dublin/Huckerby up front. I like that one but we would have to strengthen the midfield.

Oi... ZLF.. where are you.. lets be ''avin you[:)]... how would you fit them in mate? [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Just sometimes Bly - I find common ground that we can share amongst your ramblings[;)] Your observations about Huck''s and Earnie in the same side made sense to me and so does this point. Where as I''m not advocating we should go get Akinbiyi back their record together in the youth team was phenomenal and it seems to me that Cureton scored his goals when playing with a strong partner. Barry Hayles and Jason Roberts for Bristol Rovers, Martin Butler at Reading, Paul Furlong at QPR and Chris Iwelumo at Colchester.

What does this mean for us? Are we going to play 442 with Cureton / ? up top. Who would he be more likely to form a prolific partnership with? Of all the options currently available I think ''the old ones are the best'' in a Dublin / Cureton partnership. Or maybe even 433 or 343 with Cureton/Dublin/Huckerby up front. I like that one but we would have to strengthen the midfield.

Oi... ZLF.. where are you.. lets be ''avin you[:)]... how would you fit them in mate? [:^)]

[/quote]

If you could just bring yourself to admit it Nutty, it''s more than just sometimes.[:)]

If we could buy back Cureton, what would be strange about buying back Akinbiyi?  After all they''re both better than almost all the rest of the strikers that we can afford - and those in the know at City know it. Talk about being hungry with something to prove. And they would both have some fair value if it didn''t work out and we had to move them on.

Just get in Zamora - and maybe the touchpaper would be lit - just like when Hucks arrived.

Romantic nonsense - possibly

Clever - yes.

Cleverer than the rest - maybe.

OTBC

P.S. Flexible 442 and 451 would be my choice - with a nap hand of good strikers (like Steve Bruce at Brum - you can''t have too many good strikers). That would also leave some funds for clever strengthening of the spine.

Would it get the supporters onside - I think so.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OK, so nobody else wants to give Ade a chance.

You & me Nutty.

[;)]

[:''(]

OTBC[/quote]

Since we sold Ade to Gillingham for 250,000 in 1997 he has been transferred 8 times for fees totalling 15m. If you follow his career it will leave you astounded and the transfers sum up how crazy the money side of football has become.

Gillingham sell him to Bristol City for 1.2m 18 months later(I think we got a sell on) A year later Bristol City sell him to Wolves for 3.5m who in turn sell him to Leicester a year later for 5m. Foxile’s lot didn’t care for him and were quite happy to see him leave the next year when he joined Palace for 2.2m! (If that had been us Smudger would have ruptured himself![:@]) But it gets better - He only played 11 times for Palace before the let him go to Stoke on loan and finally he signed for Stoke on a free!! 54 games and 17 goals later he was sold to Burnley for 600,000. Within a year Burnley sold him to Sheffield Utd. For 1.75m and then bought him back again last January for 750,000.

Ade will be 33 in October and would probably cost 1m.

I think it’s just you Bly.

But Teddy''s 40, and Windass near.

Come to think of it, Windass is still probably better than most of the rest we can afford!

[:''(]

OTBC