Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Cureton needs a partner!!!

His partnership with Iwelumo was crucial and excellent last year.

Can Brown step up?

Will Martin be enough?

They both have a big part to play but if Eastwood joins Jamie then I will be happier then starting out the season relying on Earnshaw again.

We''ve also got Dion, dont forget, that could well be Grant''s plan!

What do you think?

Although a similar player to Earnshaw, Jamie is more of a worker and a team-player and he is hopefully going to bring some much needed passion to the team, all is not bad!

They have £3.5m from Earnie plus the £2.5 they were spending on Sharpe so I''m guessing that a striker will be revealed in the next few days.

I''m trying to stay positive but its hard sometimes..

The 2.5 Million for Sharp was to replace Earnie!!! There is no way our inept excuse for a board will spend 6 Million on players and to believe that is laughable!

I would think what they were spending on Sharp was what they knew they were getting in from Earnshaw , Curetons partner will be Brown . Laughable really only a few days ago people were thinking a Sharp Earnshaw partnership ,Do not doubt our ambition .

[quote user="cityangel"]

They have £3.5m from Earnie plus the £2.5 they were spending on Sharpe so I''m guessing that a striker will be revealed in the next few days.

[/quote]

I Love you city angel!!!

a voice of reason, a voice of sense, a voice of optomism.

the club will do all they can to build a good team, and i''m sure there will be a couple of big signings, whether its tomorrow, next week or in august.

(though i still can''t help but feel sorry for worthy after your rampage against him at the Little Theatre, Sheringham last year!!!)

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]The 2.5 Million for Sharp was to replace Earnie!!! There is no way our inept excuse for a board will spend 6 Million on players and to believe that is laughable!

[/quote]

No...Grant said that we were too reliant on Earnie scoring the goals. That means that we will still get another striker. I''m plumbing for Robert Rosario or Kevin Drinkell. [:D]

[quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I Love you city angel!!!

the club will do all they can to build a good team, and i''m sure there will be a couple of big signings, whether its tomorrow, next week or in august.

(though i still can''t help but feel sorry for worthy after your rampage against him at the Little Theatre, Sheringham last year!!!)

[/quote]

hahaha keep the jokes coming boys & girls... quite frankly you are the biggest joke of the year!!!

[quote user="ncfc1"]I would think what they were spending on Sharp was what they knew they were getting in from Earnshaw , Curetons partner will be Brown . Laughable really only a few days ago people were thinking a Sharp Earnshaw partnership ,Do not doubt our ambition .[/quote]

I seem to remember that most supporters thought that it was rather likely that if we signed Sharp that it would mean Earnie left, as they would not really go together.  Can anyone honestly say Earnie''s move was unexpected?  No, I don''t think they can.  My money is on two of Eastwood/Porter/Riordan arriving pretty soonish......this is what Smudger suggested y''day, and I think sounds reasonable enough.

[quote user="Peter Grant s Tartan Army"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I Love you city angel!!!

[/quote]

Thats what I was hoping PG but the reality is that we have been led up the garden path. If Cureton is Earnshaws replacement then we have already thrown in the towel for this years promotion stakes.

Blades are denying any offer to Scunny for Sharp...could the interest now be back on Sharp...as our new poacher...how would that work with Cureton?...personally I''d rather have Freddy Eastwood...that''s if Southend really want to sell him.

Lets be optomisic

Let me get one thing staright, i''m not kidding myself, the current team aint gonna get us anywhere other mid table at very best.

My points are based on the money that is there being spent.

And a pacemaker, I''m the same age and I sometimes feel totally smashed!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]I would think what they were spending on Sharp was what they knew they were getting in from Earnshaw , Curetons partner will be Brown . Laughable really only a few days ago people were thinking a Sharp Earnshaw partnership ,Do not doubt our ambition .[/quote]

I seem to remember that most supporters thought that it was rather likely that if we signed Sharp that it would mean Earnie left, as they would not really go together.  Can anyone honestly say Earnie''s move was unexpected?  No, I don''t think they can.  My money is on two of Eastwood/Porter/Riordan arriving pretty soonish......this is what Smudger suggested y''day, and I think sounds reasonable enough.

[/quote]

What we are going to get all 3 of them for under £3million now are we?

Plus we need to strengthen the rest of the team also!!!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Blades are denying any offer to Scunny for Sharp...could the interest now be back on Sharp...as our new poacher...how would that work with Cureton?...personally I''d rather have Freddy Eastwood...that''s if Southend really want to sell him.[/quote]

Dream on. Cureton is all we are going to get.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

2.5m on sharp

500,000 on marshall

3.5m in for earnie

600,000 out for cureton

so if we believe the board we have just under 6m to spend on new players.

will this happen? will it hell!

I cant stay positive City angel with this board in charge-they have been a joke for 3 years and got away with it.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]The 2.5 Million for Sharp was to replace Earnie!!! There is no way our inept excuse for a board will spend 6 Million on players and to believe that is laughable!

[/quote]

Doncaster said Derby came in for Earnie on Wednesday and the £2.5mil Sharp bid was last week so now we should have £5 to £6mil to spend on..........players or off the pitch ambitions?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

No, but it is the bulls*** that came with the false move for Sharp. He was never coming to NCFC and the board knew that and used it as a smoke screen and then made the major announcement that the world beater of a player Cureton had signed.

It is a bit like Chelsea selling, for example, Frank Lampard and saying on the some day that they had signed any 30+ aged player from a lower league.

[/quote]

We actually made a move for Sharpe at the beginning of June, 4 weeks ago, when we had £2.5m to spend. Derby only spoke to us this week re Earnshaw so we must have £6m to spend

But Earnshaw had probably told the club he would be off weeks ago , we would never have been bidding for Varney and Sharp in the first place unless Earnie was off.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

We actually made a move for Sharpe at the beginning of June, 4 weeks ago, when we had £2.5m to spend. Derby only spoke to us this week re Earnshaw so we must have £6m to spend

[/quote]

Sorry CA but I feel that the leaving of Earnie was inevitable and the board were trying to get in a replacement first. If we have £6M to spend why are we arguing the toss with Celtic over an extra £250K for Marshall? I would love to be proved wrong but I wouldn''t be surprised at us signing Alexander or Coyne on a free as our other keeper.

I am always an optimist but I am pretty peeved at the moment and unless serious cash is splashed in the next couple of weeks then we are in fearful trouble next year.

[quote user="ncfc1"]But Earnshaw had probably told the club he would be off weeks ago , we would never have been bidding for Varney and Sharp in the first place unless Earnie was off.[/quote]

another cheap replacement knowing our crap board.

[quote user="Nigel Tracey"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]But Earnshaw had probably told the club he would be off weeks ago , we would never have been bidding for Varney and Sharp in the first place unless Earnie was off.[/quote]

[/quote]

Was Ashton cheap when we bought him to eventually replace Roberts about six months too late during 04/05?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Nigel Tracey"]

[/quote]

Was Ashton cheap when we bought him to eventually replace Roberts about six months too late during 04/05?

[/quote]

Dont want to get involved in others arguments but signing Ashton in january 2005 was not a replacement for Roberts who left in may 2004.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Nigel Tracey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont want to get involved in others arguments but signing Ashton in january 2005 was not a replacement for Roberts who left in may 2004.

[/quote]

Hmmmm. Tall centre forward, great in the air, can hold the ball up and link up the play as well as scoring some good goals? If Ashton wasn''t a replacement for Iwan, then I don''t know who was.

And please don''t mention Donkey...