Sign in to follow this  
James

Players leaving

Has anyone been so upset or depressed that a player has left they had shed a tear or so? I do remeber when i was about 9 and Darren Eadie left I did cry a bit!!! Just thought I''d put this on here as Earnie has left, what was your reaction?  ( i know a very strange post but.....)

I didn''t cry because I was 22 at the time but I remember feeling bewildered, betrayed and let down when Ted macDougall walked out because he wanted to be nearer Bournemouth.   Nothing has quite stung me like that though I did once get Martin Peters to agree with me that his leaving Carrow Road was a huge mistake.

Hi James

Yeah, many a tear has been shed over the years, I will never forget the TV coverage of Mike Walker leaving, then the sale of my personal favourite Ruel Fox and the many others who followed him - which heralded in dark days for the club, from which we haven''t fully recovered. 

Recently it was a shame to lose Robert Green, but understandable.  I won''t be crying tears over Earnshaw though. He came and went in a blink of any eye, scored some great goals, but never really seemed to be a City player in the way Hucks and even Dion have become.

Agree with gazza - Earnie was never quite a City player in the way that some become, this view was clearly shared by others as he didn''t  make the top 3 for the player of the season despite all his goals.

Dave Watson...

Saw him play when I was up from Leicestershire with most of the rest of the first team at a pre-season match in Lowestoft on a Tuesday/Wednesday night when Everton were showing interest...

He said that he was going nowhere, yet a couple of days later he was gone.... that kind of had me as close to tears as I have ever been when a player left us!!!  [:''(]

When Martin O''Neil left for Leicester, totally gutted. But the worst was when Ashley Ward left with Jon Newsome. I even phoned the club just to ask what the hell they thought they were doing!!!

I cried when Flecky went, goodness knows what I''ll be like when Hucks leaves.

City Angel, don''t worry, he''s only hanging up his boots, not being sold! He will probably remain in Norfolk, you never know as a future manager   lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

City Angel, don''t worry, he''s only hanging up his boots, not being sold! He will probably remain in Norfolk, you never know as a future manager   lol

[/quote]You never know CA it might even be North Norfolk!

[quote user="cityangel"]I cried when Flecky went, goodness knows what I''ll be like when Hucks leaves.[/quote]

Gee Angel, same here, same player, but boy, was I made up when he came back!. I now have a personally signed watercolour portrait of the great man hanging in my hall.

I''d die before I''d part with that!.

I remember going out and getting rather drunk when it was confirmed that eadie had left, also when mike walker got sacked i was in utter disbelief i still to this day think that was one of the worst decisions our board ever made.

The gradual dismantling of the class of 92 really hurt, with each departure. Sutton, Walker, Fox...After that there was Eadie and later Bellamy but their departures didn''t have the same impact as Sutton, Walker and Fox. Probable because the teams Eadie and Bellamy were playing in were nothing like as good as the 92 team. That really was the end of an era.It left that sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach, like being dumped! I hadn''t felt it in a long time until Ashton left which was odd really beacuse it wasn''t unexpected. Probably because we knew how good a player he was and his stay with us was so short. [:(]

yes. when the news broke that Iwan was going to be released at the end of the title winnign season... he''s my all time favourite player and i was gutted! even at the civic reception i was gutted for him..

he deserved a game in the premiership with us...

jas :)