Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Dion Dublin?

People are talking about us needing a new CB cos the Doc and Shacks werent fantastic last season (not my opinion), but what about Dion?

He was awesome last season!

How do you think he will be used this season?

I said this the other day, DD was only "awesome" because of the shower that was playing in the team around him! This is what people fail to grasp. You do not mount a possible promotion challenge by building your squad with an ageing 38 year old in the starting 11, so I''m hoping he will be used sparingly from the bench.

We do DESPERATELY need a new, young centre half.

I''m nor expecting Dion to be first choice every week but I am expecting him to be on the bench to be our Super Sub.

I think he''ll also play a big part off the field this year with the youngsters at the club which will prove invaluable to them and us alike.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

No. We need an experienced centre half in his prime (whatever the age..) that leads from the back. Shackell is no John Terry yet!

At the time, I would rather have taken Dion''s great season, said thank you for the job done, and signed up a couple of new defenders than have Dion extend his stay.

He can be a back up definitely, but we need a solid, settled and reliable back 4 + GK. Dion is simply too old for that level of reliability.

We''ve bought Semmy, but we definitely need to bring in another decent centre back (and David Marshall). Then, I think we could really make some improvements on last season.

[quote user="NorwichRUs"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

No. We need an experienced centre half in his prime (whatever the age..) that leads from the back. Shackell is no John Terry yet!

[/quote]

I meant young compared to Dublin [:p]

Unless we sign two central defenders, I would expect him to be understudy there, and if the Doc does not improve Dion could be there "permanently".  If Strihavka signs and Brown stays, I can''t see Dion getting much of a look in up front. If course, we could always have a run of injuries!Dion is an all-rounder, - stiker and central defender, and a very useful player to have around. He may come in for consideration in the periods when we have two games a week, or if  PG practices squad roatation (-something he could never do before with the thin and poor squad.)Expect to see Dion on the bench, covering for two positions, and coming on for variation towards the end if necessary!